+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is what 200k gives us

This is what 200k gives us

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...aused-29174259

So this is what 200k looks like, in return for the investigation being dropped and then going on to win Welsh Gov contracts.
    "Jeremy Miles donations - Total £58,800
    Vaughan Gething's donations - Total £254,600

Dauson Environmental Group Ltd - £200,000
    The Cardiff-based environmental firm is run by a man who was prosecuted for illegally dumping waste on a conservation site. The same day the company made a donation they also applied to build a solar farm which would require ministerial approval. So Gething's Welsh Gov will be in a position where they have to approve the application of a company that bankrolled him into his role. Gething has also lobbied extensively for the company over their disagreement with Natural Resources Wales."

And that from Wales Online - the unofficial mouth piece of Welsh Labour - Gething is getting a leathering by the Tafia

Re: This is what 200k gives us

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...aused-29174259

So this is what 200k looks like, in return for the investigation being dropped and then going on to win Welsh Gov contracts.
    "Jeremy Miles donations - Total £58,800
    Vaughan Gething's donations - Total £254,600

Dauson Environmental Group Ltd - £200,000
    The Cardiff-based environmental firm is run by a man who was prosecuted for illegally dumping waste on a conservation site. The same day the company made a donation they also applied to build a solar farm which would require ministerial approval. So Gething's Welsh Gov will be in a position where they have to approve the application of a company that bankrolled him into his role. Gething has also lobbied extensively for the company over their disagreement with Natural Resources Wales."

And that from Wales Online - the unofficial mouth piece of Welsh Labour - Gething is getting a leathering by the Tafia
    He's sacked one of his ministers today for allegedly leaking information

I predict he will be gone at some point and Jeremy Miles will be leader

It's certainly been a bad start for Vaughan Gething, and I'm surprised because he is pretty experienced and in my mind the better of the two choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's certainly been a bad start for Vaughan Gething, and I'm surprised because he is pretty experienced and in my mind the better of the two choices.
    As an outsider to Welsh politics it looks like a terrible start to me. Can't imagine Labour HQ are particularly happy with a GE coming up and a lot of their focus being around the government being incompetent/corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    As an outsider to Welsh politics it looks like a terrible start to me. Can't imagine Labour HQ are particularly happy with a GE coming up and a lot of their focus being around the government being incompetent/corrupt.
    See this is what I've always argued. People who think a change of government solves much only need to look here. Nearly every outcome is worse. Now thats not Welsh Labours fault per se, just as every UK problem isn't the UK govts but any attack line made, a comparison can be simply be made between England and Wales and unfortunately we come off worse here.

I doubt it makes much difference to it all, but as you say, I think it's a bit of a source of embarrassment.

I think one consequence of a Labour Govt UK wide is that they will wish to see Wales succeed more even if just for political reasons, so that's good.

The conflict between the senedd and Westminster is a constant source of frustration for me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

He's lost the dressing, not that he ever had it in the first place - as they all wanted the other Jezza Miles. At least Miles had some decent experience of working in the private sector.

VG has failed to realise - in politics you are supposed to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. All that will happen now is that she will brief from outside the 'cabinet'. There is nothing VG can do about that.

Think it's reached the stage where this petition is justified - just signed it.

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/246204

As soon as they get anywhere near the public spotlight they just can’t help expose what they are all really like….jeez it would be nice to find a normal genuine type politician one day, I guess it just attracts the power hungry self serving types

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    As soon as they get anywhere near the public spotlight they just can’t help expose what they are all really like….jeez it would be nice to find a normal genuine type politician one day, I guess it just attracts the power hungry self serving types
    Rebecca Evans , Jeremy Miles seem just far better choices

I would be amazed if he isn't forced out now

I think his position became untenable the moment he refused to give back those donations

Plaid Cymru have pulled out of the working together deal they had

I think he's done

Plaid Cymru have pulled out of the working together deal they had

I think he's done
    Such a shame there isn’t much choice to vote for in wales, the liberals used to be quite popular 20/30 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Such a shame there isn’t much choice to vote for in wales, the liberals used to be quite popular 20/30 years ago
    I hope the liberals become a force in politics again

I would prefer a Labour Liberal government in Wales and in the UK