+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Nathan Jones thread

Re: Nathan Jones… not working out too well

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's disappointing, therefore, that anyone gives him publicity.

Sutton is the very worst kind of pundit (if he can be described as such). He's football's equivalent of a shock jock. Dreadful individual.
    Agreed. I’m sure in the UK you see and hear more of him, but from the little I see he comes across as one odious human being.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Agreed. I’m sure in the UK you see and hear more of him, but from the little I see he comes across as one odious human being.
    I’m amazed that anyone listens to or reads anything churned out by the likes of Sutton, Cundy etc.

The footballing equivalent of Jeremy Clarkson - just attention seeking and completely and utterly irrelevant.

(Sutton personifies the dreadful standards to which the BBC has sunk - that fact that his faux argumentative and hectoring style gets any airtime is just pitiful. Another media stream that I have ceased using. )

I must be getting old….. :-/

I've been busy this week and it was only yesterday that I found out Jesse Marsch was sacked on Monday. I should imagine USMNT will be next. But I was quite surprised at that. Leeds think they are much better than they should in my opinion. Big club, but only by championship standards.

About to be available, absolutely shocking result at home against another team down the bottom playing 70 minutes with 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    About to be available, absolutely shocking result at home against another team down the bottom playing 70 minutes with 10 men.
    We now have a decent Manager...even if he goes down with us I would keep him in place.

I would not let Nathan Jones anwhere near the place..........

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    We now have a decent Manager...even if he goes down with us I would keep him in place.

Same here Mo

From what I have seen in recent weeks, neither would I.

He comes across as mental.

We now have a decent Manager...even if he goes down with us I would keep him in place
    A manager fired by a team in Qatar, who marginally improved Forest yet had them scoring less goals, who has lost his last 9 Champiosnhip games with Forest and us, with a worse record with us than Hudson is somehow a decent manager?

I assume you can point to exactly what he's done as a manager in football?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    From what I have seen in recent weeks, neither would I.

He comes across as mental.
    He's a bit highly strung, if he was italian then people would be all over it, not the same when you're from the Rhondda Valley

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    A manager fired by a team in Qatar, who marginally improved Forest yet had them scoring less goals, who has lost his last 9 Champiosnhip games with Forest and us, with a worse record with us than Hudson is somehow a decent manager?

I assume you can point to exactly what he's done as a manager in football?

Oh come on...as someone said (SLUDGE?) he has been left a bag of mushy peas and has to try an get something out of them......

Oh come on...as someone said (SLUDGE?) he has been left a bag of mushy peas and has to try an get something out of them......
    I refer you to the WalesOnline commenters view of Sludge.

Hudson got more out of that bag of mushy peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a bit highly strung, if he was italian then people would be all over it, not the same when you're from the Rhondda Valley
    Lots of Italians in the Rhondda

A link maybe ?

Sabri or Jones ?

Jones did very well at Luton. He deserves a shot at the top flight. Southampton's squad looks unremarkable. That's why he is struggling.

If the club had somehow managed to hire Jones at the start of this season, and given him the freedom that Morison had to build a squad , we would not be where we are now.

Jones tin tact - just announced

After losing to Wolves who played for more than an hour with 10 men, I'm not surprised he's gone.

Nathan Jones: Southampton sack manager after just three months in charge - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64616084

SACKED..

I think he was always doomed there.

Nathan Jones

Now available.

Seeing as we have a thread about Warnock.

Should we ask Sabri to step aside if Jones is willing to come. Obviously its a big if with our transfer embargo.

We are almost certainly looking for a new manager in a few months.

We need some sort of long term plan to negotiate what will be a difficult season next year wherever we are. We need a major rebuild. Should we go for Jones now. ( he could be at Swansea soon)

I thought it was a weird appointment - not compatible with their way of playing at all.

Re: Nathan Jones

I'm tempted to say he'll be unavailable for a month or two as it'll take him that long to count his Southampton compo pay off.

I suspect he will bide his time until something far more appealing than the amateur sh&t show fronted by Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm tempted to say he'll be unavailable for a month or two as it'll take him that long to count his Southampton compo pay off.

I suspect he will bide his time until something far more appealing than the amateur sh&t show fronted by Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo has to offer.
    I'm tempted to say that he is a busted flush.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    I'm tempted to say that he is a busted flush.
    Nah. Ian Holloway, now there's a real busted flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Nah. Ian Holloway, now there's a real busted flush.
    Possibly no coincidence that there are a lot of similarities between the two: passionate; enthusiastic; emotional and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I thought it was a weird appointment - not compatible with their way of playing at all.
    The have a way of playing? They’re the Cardiff City of the Premiership, a dysfunctional club with an unremarkable but expensive squad, they’ve been on the slide for several seasons.