+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Re: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    George Carlin nails it here

Whenever I see that clip with his remarks about the media's influence I'm reminded of the Malcolm X quote below.

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

Our Munchkins who have been trained through a lifetime of brainwashing to automatically dismiss as conspiracy theories everything that challenges what they've been made to believe is true are on the whole idle sods who have little or no interest in becoming better informed because doing so would impinge upon their addiction to being entertained by purposely tailored made for morons TV programming.

It's not difficult to imagine Taunton Blue Meanie, Canton Kev and some others being superglued to their settees for 90 minutes earlier this evening while being engrossed viewing Britain's Got Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Agenda’s slowly changing….. drip,drip,drip

Ukraine faces corruption investigation by Pentagon Inspector General over aid distribution

https://www.rebelnews.com/ukraine_fa...d_distribution
    Seymour Hersh is claiming that Green T shirt man and his crew have creamed off at least $400 million of western aid.

I see that Mr. "Nice Guy" Prigozhin of Wagner Mercenary Army fame announces that he will be pulling his troops out of Bakhmut because they are running out of ammo. Yet more embarrassment for Putin. However seeing is believing - it may just be a con to fool the Ukrainians into a false sense of security. One wonders if Mr. Prigozhin may soon have an accidental fall from an open window on the 20th floor of his apartment block?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65493008

Ukraine were running out of ammo a few weeks ago although the BBC report about it has been removed.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion...-ukraine-ammo/

There's often been claims (propaganda?) suggesting Russia has shortages of all sorts of munitions and equipment.

Vlad might be desperate enough to source ICBMs, warships and rocket launchers off of eBay and Amazon.

Ukraine were running out of ammo a few weeks ago although the BBC report about it has been removed.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion...-ukraine-ammo/
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f3h8lf

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65347835

Here you go. Probably the BBC's fault you couldn't find it!

302 aircraft
    212 Helicopters
    2751 (S) UAV
    6320 Tanks and Armoured Vehicles
    7361 Howitzer (Artillery Systems )
    497 Air Defence Systems

157,000 dead

234,000 injured

17,230 captive

234 NATO military trainers

2458 NATO soldiers
    when ? because i can't wait

What we do know is that NATO solders are on the ground in Ukraine

What we do know is that US soldiers are on the ground in Ukraine

What we do know is that UK solders are on the ground in Ukraine

What we do know is that Ursula von der Leyen said six months ago that Ukraine losses were over 100,000 ( backtracked)

What we do know is that Ukraine were losing high three digit solders per day six months ago

What we do know is that a Norwegian general stated that Ukrainian losses are probably over 100,000 dead or wounded. In addition, Ukraine has about 30,000 civilians have passed , and that was 5 months ago.

What we don’t know is when the war is going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Old news. Meanwhile these Pentagon leaks suggest US intelligence claims Ukraine is losing 5 times as many soldiers as Russia.
    could you provide some more details about this?

in a specific area? in the war in general or on one front?

it doesn't seem feasible that Ukraine could have been losing troops this rapidly and still be in the war

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    could you provide some more details about this?

in a specific area? in the war in general or on one front?

it doesn't seem feasible that Ukraine could have been losing troops this rapidly and still be in the war
    Good point, it's a bit like the BBC, Guardian and 95% of the worlds press giving information to their readers that the Ruskies have run out of ammo about 4 times but still appear to be advancing 👍

I was in a restaurant in Lodz a few weeks back. The two tables next to us were Americans who were on rest from Ukraine. I only overheard snippets of conversation but their role was recovering bodies and they mentioned that they had run out of body bags. It was intriguing but horrifying to listen to.

UK govt. is giving long range cruise missiles to Ukraine ;

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-th...raine-12878786

Seems incredible, but done without a hint of objection from anywhere in parliament. So effectively a proxy war with Russia...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    UK govt. is giving long range cruise missiles to Ukraine ;

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-th...raine-12878786

Seems incredible, but done without a hint of objection from anywhere in parliament. So effectively a proxy war with Russia...
    £2.2m each apparently , strange allocation of money when the UK is in a recession in a very strange “war” and all we know is information drip fed from Ukrainian propaganda.

Any sign of any proposed peace talks?

£2.2m each apparently , strange allocation of money when the UK is in a recession in a very strange “war” and all we know is information drip fed from Ukrainian propaganda.

Not until the Americans say so - if ever.

From what I have learned in the last two weeks many ex-USSR states have a mixed relationship with Russia these days. Even some of the dictators of Central Asia, who all attended Putin's May Day March, are twitchy about what is happening in Ukraine, if I understand the situation correctly.
    Just yesterday, here in Dushanbe (Tajikistan) there's was a red and yellow wreath placed at the foot on an ex-Soviet war memorial (which I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, was symbolic of Ukraine).
    As I understand it, these countries seem reticent to strengthen relationship with China for not applying pressure on Putin and there's talk of Turkey (and most of these countries are largely Turkic in origin) filling the vacuum.
    I have also spoken in private to a few individuals (albeit a meaningless sample) of female doctors from Kazakhstan and Kyrgystan (sheer coincidence as I met them in different countries and not their own countries) as well as a young Russian man, who escaped the draft. I have also read that Kazakhstan is benefitting from the influx of young Russian IT experts who are fleeing Russia.
    As you may be aware, Russian ethnics have a considerable presence in these countries for obvious reasons and Russian is very much the lingua france in this region. The female doctors told me that even their Russian-ethnic colleagues are against what Putin has done (although they don't talk about politics too loudly in these countries ruled by despots).
    It seems that Putin has done a lot of short-term and long-term damage to Russia's relationships, in particular to some ex-Soviet states, some of whom are still reliant on Russian energy.
    I have worked in International Relations but I am no expert regarding this region, however. If anyone can put me right or can add to my understanding of the situation here, please steam in.
    Putin, it seems, has weakened Russia's influence on the international scene and he seems to be painting himself into a corner.
    Happy to be educated and corrected, if need be.

I note that members of the Turkish opposition party are complaining about Russian interference in their elections too.

What allocation of money? The money has been paid. These missiles have already been built and have sat in a warehouse for years. They're 20+ year old tech and munitions have a shelf life. Either these missiles get used or degrade to the point they get destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What allocation of money? The money has been paid. These missiles have already been built and have sat in a warehouse for years. They're 20+ year old tech and munitions have a shelf life. Either these missiles get used or degrade to the point they get destroyed
    Ah that makes it ok then , as they are almost obsolete the west may as well kill a few thousand people in a proxy war and risk prolonging the outcome.

Ah that makes it ok then , as they are almost obsolete the west may as well kill a few thousand people in a proxy war and risk prolonging the outcome.
    That's a separate conversation. But keeping on that train of thought, it could bring the conflict to an end quicker than not supplying them with the missiles

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That's a separate conversation. But keeping on that train of thought, it could bring the conflict to an end quicker than not supplying them with the missiles
    Unlikely considering Russia has almost unlimited troop numbers and is receiving assistance from a few countries around the world. That said , it’s a very strange conflict with most information coming from Western/ Ukrainian propaganda.

These missiles may not even exist , but good for procurement… but that’s another thread.

Figuratively , imagine a situation where there are 3,000 nuclear weapons in the world , when in reality you would only need 30 or 40, what would be the justification for more and more being produced.

What is the justification ,what’s the breakdown (Labour , raw materials etc ) who benefits. This is just an imaginary situation , but it doesn’t make sense to me when there is so much poverty in the world.

The idea to me , as an outsider looking in , these is more chance of destroying the world not through nuclear but a financial meltdown. This is just a scenario though not fact.

Unlikely considering Russia has almost unlimited troop numbers and is receiving assistance from a few countries around the world. That said , it’s a very strange conflict with most information coming from Western/ Ukrainian propaganda.

These missiles may not even exist , but good for procurement… but that’s another thread.

Figuratively , imagine a situation where there are 3,000 nuclear weapons in the world , when in reality you would only need 30 or 40, what would be the justification for more and more being produced.

What is the justification ,what’s the breakdown (Labour , raw materials etc ) who benefits. This is just an imaginary situation , but it doesn’t make sense to me when there is so much poverty in the world.

The idea to me , as an outsider looking in , these is more chance of destroying the world not through nuclear but a financial meltdown. This is just a scenario though not fact.
    The Duran take on the Storm Shadow long-range missiles

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The Duran take on the Storm Shadow long-range missiles
    Telegram channel
    ss.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Telegram channel
    ss.jpg
    So if I understand your two posts. The first one is a chat between a couple of like minded chums where one said the Storm-Shadow missile is air-based from long range, subsonic and the Russians will obviously shoot it down and the second cut is saying that it hit its target?

EU financial assistance to Ukraine currently , money well spend clearly.

EU Commission and Council €29.93b
    Germany €14.68b
    UK €9.83b
    France €7.81b
    Netherlands €6.61b
    Italy €5.50b
    Poland €5.01b
    Spain €4.81b
    Sweden €2.61b
    Norway €2.35b
    Denmark €1.86b
    Austria €1.80b
    Belgium €1.62b

EU financial assistance to Ukraine currently , money well spend clearly.

EU Commission and Council €29.93b
    Germany €14.68b
    UK €9.83b
    France €7.81b
    Netherlands €6.61b
    Italy €5.50b
    Poland €5.01b
    Spain €4.81b
    Sweden €2.61b
    Norway €2.35b
    Denmark €1.86b
    Austria €1.80b
    Belgium €1.62b
    Do you read Zero Hedge a lot?
    A mate of mine swears by it…and his opinions are very much aligned with yours.

Most people I know think he’s batshit crazy.