+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ukraine Losses ((Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't say I understand the sentence I highlighted. The public in those countries seemingly do indeed support taxpayers' money being spent on a war that can't be 'won'. (When the conflict eventually comes to a conclusion, it is almost certain that Russia will still be occupying some of Ukraine and the war will not have been 'won', as you put it.)
    Re public opinion, it's guided, influenced by what we see, hear, read etc. Yes, we're sending planes and tanks to 'defend' Ukraine, but obviously not to kill young Russian men. Personally, as much as I abhor Putin's attack on Ukraine, I don't want British planes and tanks killing Russians, whatever the rights and wrongs of the war.

Re: Ukraine Losses ((Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Re public opinion, it's guided, influenced by what we see, hear, read etc. Yes, we're sending planes and tanks to 'defend' Ukraine, but obviously not to kill young Russian men. Personally, as much as I abhor Putin's attack on Ukraine, I don't want British planes and tanks killing Russians, whatever the rights and wrongs of the war.
    You are now moving the goalposts. Your statement was about the public in various countries and not your own take on it.