+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Re: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Do you read Zero Hedge a lot?
    A mate of mine swears by it…and his opinions are very much aligned with yours.

Most people I know think he’s batshit crazy.
    Given that he didn't make those numbers up off the top of his head, but it is clearly a cut and paste from somewhere, presumably a post that thinks the UK and Norway are in the EU, it would be interesting to know the source and context as you say.

Do you read Zero Hedge a lot?
    A mate of mine swears by it…and his opinions are very much aligned with yours.

Most people I know think he’s batshit crazy.
    Never heard of it , just to clarify posting topics which I may or may not agree with makes you think I have a mental health concern ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Given that he didn't make those numbers up off the top of his head, but it is clearly a cut and paste from somewhere, presumably a post that thinks the UK and Norway are in the EU, it would be interesting to know the source and context as you say.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...t%20for%202023.

Official Uk data here (and you could have found that yourself) but I’m assuming that’s for the last two years only and doesn’t include charity donations etc

Worldwide financial assistance to Ukraine (not including countries with donations less than 1b. The tracker doesn’t include private donations, or help from international organizations like the Red Cross, due to a “lack of comparable and reliable data,” according to the Institute.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...%20their%20own.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Worldwide financial assistance to Ukraine (not including countries with donations less than 1b. The tracker doesn’t include private donations, or help from international organizations like the Red Cross, due to a “lack of comparable and reliable data,” according to the Institute.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...%20their%20own.
    Neither of those are your source though are they?

Neither of those are your source though are they?
    You asked for context ( which is fair enough) and I sent you the links. I suspect the figures quoted are considerably higher ( than the numbers in the article) when you think this conflict was not in the news until last year.

You asked for context ( which is fair enough) and I sent you the links.
    Never knew you favoured quoting UK costs in Euros....still, whatever, tovarisch!

Never knew you favoured quoting UK costs in Euros....still, whatever, tovarisch!
    Did you prefer the interbank exchange rate of the £/€ to accommodate the article then

Did you prefer the interbank exchange rate of the £/€ to accommodate the article then
    What article?

Any casualty is dreadful, who cares where the figures come from it is bloddy tragic , and thought provoking , things like this bring home the reality of how good we have it, living in the UK.

Never heard of it , just to clarify posting topics which I may or may not agree with makes you think I have a mental health concern ?
    Ukraine
    Covid
    Vaccines
    WEF/Illuminate
    Climate Change

I don’t think that it’s wrong to show skepticism about such issues…but to cry wolf on all of them in a conspiratorial way is what my Mate does.

It’s not My Cup of Darjeeling, but
    here is a link so you can judge for yourself.
    According to a media bias site though, it is considered high on the Alt-Right/Pseudoscientific scale.

https://www.zerohedge.com/

Ukraine
    Covid
    Vaccines
    WEF/Illuminate
    Climate Change

I don’t think that it’s wrong to show skepticism about such issues…but to cry wolf on all of them in a conspiratorial way is what my Mate does.

It’s not My Cup of Darjeeling, but
    here is a link so you can judge for yourself.
    According to a media bias site though, it is considered high on the Alt-Right/Pseudoscientific scale.

https://www.zerohedge.com/

That link would be no interest to me what so ever, if it’s far right but thanks anyway. You don’t have to accept everything you are told as 100% true and you are entitled to process the information you receive and make an independent decision.

That link would be no interest to me what so ever, if it’s far right but thanks anyway. You don’t have to accept everything you are told as 100% true and you are entitled to process the information you receive and make an independent decision.
    You're absolutely right. Why should we have to believe the World is round anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're absolutely right. Why should we have to believe the World is round anyway?
    Perhaps you could start a thread on it ?

One thought. Every weapons manufacturer is rubbing their hands with glee at Russia creating a testing ground in Ukraine

Joe Biden says 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut.

Wagner must have some size of a private army.100,000 dead implies 300,000 to 400,000 casualties. And he still had enough left over to liberate the place.

Joe Biden says 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut.

Wagner must have some size of a private army.100,000 dead implies 300,000 to 400,000 casualties. And he still had enough left over to liberate the place.
    Given that you started this thread with some made up numbers it is little surprise that you can't understand the difference between deaths and casualties.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...raine-bakhmut/

More pertinently though, what do you mean when you talk about the "liberation" of Bakhmut?

Given that you started this thread with some made up numbers it is little surprise that you can't understand the difference between deaths and casualties.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...raine-bakhmut/

More pertinently though, what do you mean when you talk about the "liberation" of Bakhmut?
    Yes I know the difference funnily enough , see below article.

https://censor.net/en/news/3419775/r..._bakhmut_biden

Yes I know the difference funnily enough , see below article.

https://censor.net/en/news/3419775/r..._bakhmut_biden
    Perhaps you should have got it from the horse's mouth. Here is a tweet with the words Bakhmut lost and 100k casualties and where Biden made a clear separation that was deliberately or wrongly headed 100k lost and obviously repeated by you sometime later. Just as well that you boys don't fall for media spin I guess.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1660258772017639428

Now you were going to explain why you think Bakhmut has been liberated!

And he still had enough left over to liberate the place.
    Bit of a vatnik thing to say?

Perhaps you should have got it from the horse's mouth. Here is a tweet with the words Bakhmut lost and 100k casualties and where Biden made a clear separation that was deliberately or wrongly headed 100k lost and obviously repeated by you sometime later. Just as well that you boys don't fall for media spin I guess.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1660258772017639428

Now you were going to explain why you think Bakhmut has been liberated!
    Media spin , yep that’s what it (and it’s one sided )

Wagner Group claimed it’s been liberated, not my own personal viewpoint but nice try (again)

Media spin , yep that’s what it (and it’s one sided )

Wagner Group claimed it’s been liberated, not my own personal viewpoint but nice try (again)
    So in summary.

Joe Biden didn't say 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut. Your statement that it implies 300,000 to 400,000 casualties was based on tosh, but you are not susceptible to media spin.

Similarly when you said "And he still had enough left over to liberate the place" that was not your personal viewpoint but somebody else's and nothing to do with you at all. (typo perhaps)

Out of interest what would you call it?

So in summary.

Joe Biden didn't say 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut. Your statement that it implies 300,000 to 400,000 casualties was based on tosh, but you are not susceptible to media spin.

Similarly when you said "And he still had enough left over to liberate the place" that was not your personal viewpoint but somebody else's and nothing to do with you at all. (typo perhaps)

Out of interest what would you call it?
    I’ve presented you a link which says 100,000 lost , so on that basis 3/400,000 casualties would match up., but I think there is significant media spin on this war from the start.( I assume you don’t agree) Not taking sides with this one , I’d prefer a peace deal sooner rather than later.

The link you have posted has been released by Ukraine intelligence, so I’d keep an open mind on that from what we know

I’ve presented you a link which says 100,000 lost , so on that basis 3/400,000 casualties would match up., but I think there is significant media spin on this war from the start.( I assume you don’t agree) Not taking sides with this one , I’d prefer a peace deal sooner rather than later.

The link you have posted has been released by Ukraine intelligence, so I’d keep an open mind on that from what we know
    That's what I mean. You present yourself as impervious to confirmation bias from the media then post an unequivocal statement that "Joe Biden says 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut" without any kind of sense check on whether it is accurate at all.

Please pass on the Ukrainian intelligence post but are you saying you still think Biden said 100k dead or are you keeping an open mind and might add the word (allegedly) next time you say it?

That's what I mean. You present yourself as impervious to confirmation bias from the media then post an unequivocal statement that "Joe Biden says 100.000 Russian soldiers died at Bakhmut" without any kind of sense check on whether it is accurate at all.

Please pass on the Ukrainian intelligence post but are you saying you still think Biden said 100k dead or are you keeping an open mind and might add the word (allegedly) next time you say it?
    The whole thread is titled “allegedly” you absolute whopper