+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very tight finish to the season

SuperBluebirds91

Very tight finish to the season

Does anyone else think we might just scrape through and stay up? I feel like it could be goal difference or a point in it! It certainly going to be a tense finish. I really don’t want them to go down because there’s no guarantee that we will have investment and bounce straight back up.we’ve all seen other clubs who have gone down and down and down! Really hope we can get a point at least against Bristol on Saturday.

Re: Very tight finish to the season

I think it’s 50/50 and officially squeaky bum time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Does anyone else think we might just scrape through and stay up? I feel like it could be goal difference or a point in it! It certainly going to be a tense finish. I really don’t want them to go down because there’s no guarantee that we will have investment and bounce straight back up.we’ve all seen other clubs who have gone down and down and down! Really hope we can get a point at least against Bristol on Saturday.
    Yes, we'll be fine, Norwich and above are in a different mini League to us, we are better than five or six teams and will be six points plus clear of the bottom three by the end of the season, and probably above QPR around 16th or 17th.

Don't panic if we lose to Bristol City they are in top form at the moment.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...eague=england2

Losing Robinson is a very big blow to us and could make things a lot tighter than if we had him available. Losing your top scorer and assist maker in a side that can’t score goals is crucial. I suspect he will also be out a lot longer than the initial assessment too . If we had Robinson available I would have been confident enough we could accumulate the necessary points to survive. Now I’m not so sure , we simply don’t have anyone else who looks like they can score on even a semi regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Losing Robinson is a very big blow to us and could make things a lot tighter than if we had him available. Losing your top scorer and assist maker in a side that can’t score goals is crucial. I suspect he will also be out a lot longer than the initial assessment too . If we had Robinson available I would have been confident enough we could accumulate the necessary points to survive. Now I’m not so sure , we simply don’t have anyone else who looks like they can score on even a semi regular basis
    Yes he could well be out for 2 months

People talk about our other options up front but we don't have any. Our fringe strikers have had plenty of opportunities all season and are league 1 players who should be sold or released .

Robinson is not a 100 percent goal scorer but with Wickham taking up defenders he would have done the business and of course brought others into play .

The new fella we have signed doesn't look up to much at all with a poor touch and hardly an eye for goal . He's a big fella but he's like bambi on ice .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    If we are going to stay up the history books say Bristol City is the sort of game we need to win

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5397253]Yes he could well be out for 2 months

People talk about our other options up front but we don't have any. Our fringe strikers have had plenty of opportunities all season and are league 1 players who should be sold or released .

I'd like to see Isaac Davies given a chance alongside Wickham. Davies, for one, hasn't been given plenty of opportunities this season

International

Target 3 points against
    Rotherham, Swansea, Blackpool, Stoke, Huddersfield
    and 1 point from
    Preston, Bristol, WBA, Sunderland, Watford.

There are points to be had, and even as bad as we have been with Hudson, there are still three teams four points behind us, who will keep on losing.

Yes we conceded a couple on Saturday but I think our tight defence will keep us up.
    We'll sneak a few narrow wins which should be enough if our defence remains tight.

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5397264]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes he could well be out for 2 months

I'd like to see Isaac Davies given a chance alongside Wickham. Davies, for one, hasn't been given plenty of opportunities this season
    I don't think he's ready yet . It's a shed load of pressure .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes we conceded a couple on Saturday but I think our tight defence will keep us up.
    We'll sneak a few narrow wins which should be enough if our defence remains tight.
    Our defence is OK

It's upfront where we are powderpuff , even more so with Robinson out

Nobody is going to play off the big fellas , that's assuming they provide the chances