+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Western Mail , The South Wales Echo

The Western Mail , The South Wales Echo

Christ what utter rubbish they are

All over the country newspapers are fading but some seem to still cater for traditional old gits .....like me

I have never been one for reading the guardian , times etc or their sunday equivalent .....its a trial to get through some of the pretentious nonsense in those

I grew up with the western mail and echo and they seemed to be quite distinct papers . The Echo was more a football paper but at least in the old days they had different match reports for city games

As I hated the big papers on a weekend it was great when the western mail expanded to a Wales on Sunday edition

But it's absolutely crap and all its reports , including the football pages are simply repeated in Mondays western mail

I have given up on the Echo and will soon give up on the western mail . The price is extortionate for the rubbish that is in there and its more expensive than most of the competition .

The population of Wales is 3 million ......about 7000 western mails are sold daily

I have heard of a loss leader but that's the end of the line

I havnt been to Queen Street in years , do the fellas still sell the Echo?

They won't be for long

Re: The Western Mail , The South Wales Echo

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ what utter rubbish they are

All over the country newspapers are fading but some seem to still cater for traditional old gits .....like me

I have never been one for reading the guardian , times etc or their sunday equivalent .....its a trial to get through some of the pretentious nonsense in those

I grew up with the western mail and echo and they seemed to be quite distinct papers . The Echo was more a football paper but at least in the old days they had different match reports for city games

As I hated the big papers on a weekend it was great when the western mail expanded to a Wales on Sunday edition

But it's absolutely crap and all its reports , including the football pages are simply repeated in Mondays western mail

I have given up on the Echo and will soon give up on the western mail . The price is extortionate for the rubbish that is in there and its more expensive than most of the competition .

The population of Wales is 3 million ......about 7000 western mails are sold daily

I have heard of a loss leader but that's the end of the line

I havnt been to Queen Street in years , do the fellas still sell the Echo?

They won't be for long
    Totally agree with you. I ditched the Echo a few years ago as its utter rubbish. Never bothered with the Western Mail or Sunday edition.
    Now I know you don't like the Daily Mail, but their sport pages are really good, not to mention most of the rest of it too 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Totally agree with you. I ditched the Echo a few years ago as its utter rubbish. Never bothered with the Western Mail or Sunday edition.
    Now I know you don't like the Daily Mail, but their sport pages are really good, not to mention most of the rest of it too 😂
    I won't have that in my house

I am looking for a decent Saturday paper with the weeks TV in it

But it can't be the Mail for obvious reasons

Sometimes Sludge...you remind me of my youth and the VIZ comic

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Sometimes Sludge...you remind me of my youth and the VIZ comic
    Wales Live is on the TV tonight

The television equivalent of the echo

Total and utter garbage

I haven't read an actual physical paper in about 20 years.
    I stopped buying the echo after they printed all those photos of City fans at Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I haven't read an actual physical paper in about 20 years.
    I stopped buying the echo after they printed all those photos of City fans at Stoke.
    What number were you?

The i is a good paper. Times is good but not cheap. Mail has a lot in it and doesn't give a ****. Sunday Times is the only national newspaper to do a Welsh edition.

Unfortunately I can't see many local papers lasting that much longer unless they go free.

Am relieved the OP hasn't reminisced about the Daily and Sunday Sport (Spurt, more like) newspapers as we'd like CCMB to remain a family-orientated, smut-free forum.

Sludge aka the Victor Meldrew of the CCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Am relieved the OP hasn't reminisced about the Daily and Sunday Sport (Spurt, more like) newspapers as we'd like CCMB to remain a family-orientated, smut-free forum.
    Couldn't fault the sport, great lads mag that was in effect.
    Hated the echo and Wales online for 20 yrs or more now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What number were you?
    I wasn't at the game.
    Like a bloke in Barry who lost his job because someone bubbled him to police because of the photos in the echo.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I wasn't at the game.
    Like a bloke in Barry who lost his job because someone bubbled him to police because of the photos in the echo.
    I was

Bedlam all day