+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Church of England backs plans to bless but not marry gay couples

Church of England backs plans to bless but not marry gay couples

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64581421

It is rather amusing that certain members of society swallow the pills of religions created thousands of years old (and predominantly by males who believed in devils, a talking snake, a virgin birth and the universe being created in 6 days) want their chosen cult to adopt modern-day sensitivities.

My lay preacher friend, a believer in Adam and Eve and articulate serpents, calls such people the 'pick and mix' fraternity.

Re: Church of England backs plans to bless but not marry gay couples

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

It is rather amusing that certain members of society swallow the pills of religions created thousands of years old (and predominantly by males who believed in devils, a talking snake, a virgin birth and the universe being created in 6 days) want their chosen cult to adopt modern-day sensitivities.

My lay preacher friend, a believer in Adam and Eve and articulate serpents, calls such people the 'pick and mix' fraternity.
    Religion is absolute nonsense , all of it

All those poor bastards in Turkey under that rubble of the catastrophic earthquake

They are found alive

The crowd shouts god is great !

Brainwashed

I love the gays. Who cares about any of it? Like denying someone their rights cos of their music choice or how they vote. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

All those poor bastards in Turkey under that rubble of the catastrophic earthquake

They are found alive

Brainwashed
    Presumably the devil was in charge of the earthquake

why don't we have more chat about how well swansea are doing?

It's nice that a two thousand year old religion with a thousand year old book that is considered God's laws and teachings can be changed to conform with modern standards and opinions.

Makes you think though, why was God wrong to begin with? Surely the big man is infallible? Unless.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Well like racism the more you talk about the worse it gets.

Thankfully outside of the media /social media brain wash world we all get on gays and black folk go to church without any problems .

Sadly it's down to petty political point scoring and looking for votes in a pretense to be on thier side . You can see that north of the border where barmy Nicola is trying to garner trans/gay votes.
    She's obviously not been out in Glasgow for a whileon the pubs chatting about this burnong issue , whilst her health, drug abuse , education performance go down the pan .

Welcome to New age Euro influenced politics.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I love the gays. Who cares about any of it? Like denying someone their rights cos of their music choice or how they vote. Ridiculous.
    You don't chose to be homosexual

But you put that cross , pardon the pun , on the vote conservative box , through choice

So I say it's my choice to not have any conservatives in my phone book

It's not denying them any rights

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It's nice that a two thousand year old religion with a thousand year old book that is considered God's laws and teachings can be changed to conform with modern standards and opinions.

Makes you think though, why was God wrong to begin with? Surely the big man is infallible? Unless.....
    There's nothing in the (original) Greek bible that forbids homosexuality. There was a mistranslation which said a man shall not lay with a boy. This was interpreted as no men shall lay together.

Bizarre since the Greeks used to practice pedastry

But you put that cross , pardon the pun , on the vote conservative box , through choice

You say people should be free to choose their sexuality but you are relentless in your diatribe against those who exercise their freedom to choose their politics.

You're clapping with only one hand

Nah it's all bigotry Sludge and I completely stand by that. You are just defending it cos it's your personal hatred but that's what others do yoo. The factor is intolerance, whether you chose something or not. I could choose to convert to Islam, doesn't mean it's fair game for someone to be a c**t to me for it.

Live and let Sludge, life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    You say people should be free to choose their sexuality but you are relentless in your diatribe against those who exercise their freedom to choose their politics.

Absolutely, shoot all Tories

Especially Welsh ones

Nah it's all bigotry Sludge and I completely stand by that. You are just defending it cos it's your personal hatred but that's what others do yoo. The factor is intolerance, whether you chose something or not. I could choose to convert to Islam, doesn't mean it's fair game for someone to be a c**t to me for it.

Live and let Sludge, life is too short.
    I do not like conservative voters

I don't want any in my phone book or any in my house

Homosexuals are welcome

But not homosexual tory voters

I do not like conservative voters

I don't want any in my phone book or any in my house

Homosexuals are welcome

But not homosexual tory voters
    And some others will say the same about Labour voters and you are both as bad as eachother. Grow up for goodness sake and stop hating on groups of people.

Absolutely, shoot all Tories

Especially Welsh ones
    Their MPs and MSs get death threats all the time, like most MPs. Thats why I find your tone so distasteful

And some others will say the same about Labour voters and you are both as bad as eachother. Grow up for goodness sake and stop hating on groups of people.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISM/

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post

I agree sludge is tiresome and adds nothing to political threads, but homosexuality isn’t a choice. It’s genetic. Like being tall or having green eyes.

Hating On !

Calling out !

Soppy nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I agree sludge is tiresome and adds nothing to political threads, but homosexuality isn’t a choice. It’s genetic. Like being tall or having green eyes.
    Oh gosh

Their MPs and MSs get death threats all the time, like most MPs. Thats why I find your tone so distasteful
    Jo Cox and the tory fella were killed by right wing neo nazi nutcases

Nothing to do with lefties

They are found alive

Brainwashed
    Honestly, it’s so sad to see. On Tik Tok someone commented,”god be good to them” about the Turkey earthquake.

I replied,” would have been helpful if he was good to them a week ago instead, bit late now” and people were furious.

It’s a form of mental torture and I’m so glad I got out of that cult eventually. Child abuse to feed your kid that rubbish.