+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will be the dirty egg effect on tomorrow's attendance?

What will be the dirty egg effect on tomorrow's attendance?

Wales eggers will be egging at Murrayfield in Scotland tomorrow with a kick-off of 16:45.

Following a run of no Championship wins from the last 11 games played, a trip to the CCS for Middlesbrough's visit will be a less appealing prospect for a casual walk-up home supporter than sitting in a dentist's chair to have a couple of wisdom teeth extracted.

That rugger game will likely make no difference to their number. But what of season ticket holders? Like it or not, some among them also harbour a secret rugby fetish and will be absent in Jockland. Although, official attendance figures are based on tickets sold and not on those who physically attend.

What about the other undeclared egg-lovers who will be at the game? Will they shiftily head for the exits hoping to slip away unnoticed at or before half-past four to secure a chair at a local boozer by quarter to five? I suppose it'll largely depend on the score at that time. Should Akpom and co have a good afternoon I fear the size of an early exodus will be embarrassing.

Re: What will be the dirty egg effect on tomorrow's attendance?

As we know with City the excuses are far more plentiful when we're not very good.

Man United or Liverpool roll into town and the excuses suddenly disappear.

Having said that if I wasn't bothered what I did of a weekend a choice of a day in a warm pub or watching City there would be one winner really. It has been dire at times.

The whole attendance "thing" has become something of a joke.

Fans like to know how many people were in the stadium not how many tickets were sold. If the ground was empty tomorrow the club would announce a crowd of 13,000 (based upon the number of season tickets sold) - it makes a mockery of the figures.

Similarly if Boro sold out their allocation of 2,800 but decided to boycott the fixture their ticket sales would still be counted.

The figures therefore ARE NOT the ATTENDANCE figures.

Clubs must know how many people are in the ground and it would be good if they told us. Some of the announced "crowds" this season have been way off how many people were actually inside CCS. Nowhere is more obvious than the family stand...

Is it really Scotland?

21 of them aren't even Scottish

21 from 39.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Is it really Scotland?

21 from 39.
    This isn’t an argument any Welsh football fan can make without some feeling of irony. Half our squad are officially English.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    This isn’t an argument any Welsh football fan can make without some feeling of irony. Half our squad are officially English.
    Is the thread Wales football related?

Is it really Scotland?

21 from 39.
    A lot more than 18 of them seemed to care greatly about beating their biggest rivals on their home turf last week.

Is the thread Wales football related?
    He's got a point though.

It is football related as it is about the effect on a football match's attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He's got a point though.

It is football related as it is about the effect on a football match's attendance.
    But the thread actually is about the Scottish rugby team, who are playing tomorrow.

I'm not doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    A lot more than 18 of them seemed to care greatly about beating their biggest rivals on their home turf last week.
    Who claimed they never?

But the thread actually is about the Scottish rugby team, who are playing tomorrow.

I'm not doing this
    The thread is about how the rugby will effect our attendance surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Wales eggers will be egging at Murrayfield in Scotland tomorrow with a kick-off of 16:45.

Following a run of no Championship wins from the last 11 games played, a trip to the CCS for Middlesbrough's visit will be a less appealing prospect for a casual walk-up home supporter than sitting in a dentist's chair to have a couple of wisdom teeth extracted.

That rugger game will likely make no difference to their number. But what of season ticket holders? Like it or not, some among them also harbour a secret rugby fetish and will be absent in Jockland. Although, official attendance figures are based on tickets sold and not on those who physically attend.

What about the other undeclared egg-lovers who will be at the game? Will they shiftily head for the exits hoping to slip away unnoticed at or before half-past four to secure a chair at a local boozer by quarter to five? I suppose it'll largely depend on the score at that time. Should Akpom and co have a good afternoon I fear the size of an early exodus will be embarrassing.
    Don't live life to entertain fear, consume it instead! Whatever is is whatever is there is nothing we can do about the eggby save for maybe burst all their balls, but I, believe there are too many to attempt it, so I won't and will just watch the city without a care instead.

Is the rugby any better to watch than city at the moment? Even if you're a massive fan of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The whole attendance "thing" has become something of a joke.

Fans like to know how many people were in the stadium not how many tickets were sold. If the ground was empty tomorrow the club would announce a crowd of 13,000 (based upon the number of season tickets sold) - it makes a mockery of the figures.

Similarly if Boro sold out their allocation of 2,800 but decided to boycott the fixture their ticket sales would still be counted.

The figures therefore ARE NOT the ATTENDANCE figures.

Clubs must know how many people are in the ground and it would be good if they told us. Some of the announced "crowds" this season have been way off how many people were actually inside CCS. Nowhere is more obvious than the family stand...
    This frustrates me too. I much preferred it when attendance numbers were under- reported so as to pay less tax. At least that used to get a chuckle when the attendance was announced in the stadium.

If rugby and football genuinely lived side by side then I think a lot of football fans in Wales would be fine with that

But it doesn't and when members of the public , celebrities and even members of the Welsh rugby team show no interest in Cardiff City and openly proclaim to be lifelong ! ....Liverpool or Man United fans ....just a week after beating the English.....then it's easy to understand why such people say bollocks to the rugby , couldn't care less if they get stuffed

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    This frustrates me too. I much preferred it when attendance numbers were under- reported so as to pay less tax. At least that used to get a chuckle when the attendance was announced in the stadium.
    One bloke by me used to scream out “Liars” when the attendance was announced, he had a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Is the rugby any better to watch than city at the moment? Even if you're a massive fan of the sport.
    Wales have lost 10 out of 13 in the last year, including defeats at home against Italy and Georgia. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One bloke by me used to scream out “Liars” when the attendance was announced, he had a point.
    Some games at ninian Park the place looked rammed and they would announce 12549 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some games at ninian Park the place looked rammed and they would announce 12549 😂
    One game around NYD against Shrewsbury they announced the attendance figure twice

If rugby and football genuinely lived side by side then I think a lot of football fans in Wales would be fine with that

But it doesn't and when members of the public , celebrities and even members of the Welsh rugby team show no interest in Cardiff City and openly proclaim to be lifelong ! ....Liverpool or Man United fans ....just a week after beating the English.....then it's easy to understand why such people say bollocks to the rugby , couldn't care less if they get stuffed
    You don't like rugby because celebs support man united?

I have never got the football v rugby debate.
    I take them as the separate sports that they are.

If you want the football attendances to be effected less by rugby internationals then there is one solution, get better.

You don't like rugby because celebs support man united?
    I am indifferent

I am different
    Yes you are

The announced crowd of 19,000 yesterday was so far off the mark it was laughable. The ground was significantly less than half full. I would say the actual number of fans in the ground was in the region of 15,500.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The announced crowd of 19,000 yesterday was so far off the mark it was laughable. The ground was significantly less than half full. I would say the actual number of fans in the ground was in the region of 15,500.
    Isn't it tickets sold as opposed to bums on seats?