+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you see us winning again this season ?

Re: Can you see us winning again this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    What happened to the team that went 3-0 up on Boro at their place by half time. We have largely the same group of players that are now labelled as crap. Difference is just days after that away win the manager that brought in 17 of these players was sacked. It’s been a painful downhill slide ever since. I’m not saying it was a great team it was showing promise. The players are the same but the confidence is rock bottom. Even though the Kaba, Wickham signings are not perfect, they might be the only chance the new manager has for inspiring (a small spark of) confidence back into the team. Otherwise they’re just left with the same feelings of hopelessness that most fans have.
    West Brom away people were saying this team held a good side easily and with a goalscorer and a few new faces we could have been a top ten team

I think mid table

But the fall has been disastrous

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Boro are one of the most in form teams in the division. It's not results against the top sides that will relegate us, but those against sides at the bottom.

Our 7 league wins have come against teams currently in 3rd, 7th, 8th, 10th, 17th, 20th and 22nd. We've only lost twice to teams currently placed in the bottom 3rd.
    We've only lost twice to teams currently placed in the bottom 3rd.

Yet if we lose the next two in a row to teams in the bottom third, this late in the season, when we are at the bottom of the league on the current form of six games and ten games, you don't think we will go down

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As I recall, everyone was amazed when City scored three in the first half at Boro. Prior to that, the side had scored just one goal in the previous five games (sounds familiar?). Normal service was resumed in the next game when City were beaten 1-0 by bottom-of-the-table Huddersfield.

It hasn't been all downhill since Morison was sacked. The team was also poor while he was here.
    We beat Middlesboro on Sept 13th. Morison’s sacking was made public on the 18th. 17 players were signed over the summer. City played well and scored 3 goals in the first half. Any chance to build on that (including new signing Robinson) with the 17 new signings were damaged by the sacking of the manager that signed them.
    My point was that most of those players are not inherently crap. They were not given sufficient time to gel as a team. If we are to have a chance to avoid relegation Lamouchi has to find a way of completing the gelling process.

We beat Middlesboro on Sept 13th. Morison’s sacking was made public on the 18th. 17 players were signed over the summer. City played well and scored 3 goals in the first half. Any chance to build on that (including new signing Robinson) with the 17 new signings were damaged by the sacking of the manager that signed them.
    My point was that most of those players are not inherently crap. They were not given sufficient time to gel as a team. If we are to have a chance to avoid relegation Lamouchi has to find a way of completing the gelling process.
    When engaging TLG please remember the following entrenched views.

Likes - Glatzel and Neil Harris
    Dislikes - most other people
    Severely dislikes - Morison, Tan and Blue Lewj.

Only pulling your leg TLG I love you really

What happened to the team that went 3-0 up on Boro at their place by half time. We have largely the same group of players that are now labelled as crap. Difference is just days after that away win the manager that brought in 17 of these players was sacked. It’s been a painful downhill slide ever since. I’m not saying it was a great team it was showing promise. The players are the same but the confidence is rock bottom. Even though the Kaba, Wickham signings are not perfect, they might be the only chance the new manager has for inspiring (a small spark of) confidence back into the team. Otherwise they’re just left with the same feelings of hopelessness that most fans have.
    Morison changed formation against Huddersfield, so ask him.

Everyone knows my views on Morison but if he was any good at his job we wouldn't be staring relegation in the face. He got 11 points from 10 games and the goals had completely dried up bar one freak performance. The vast majority signings have been dire. He is a big reason we are in this mess, even if he isn't the main issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Everyone knows my views on Morison but if he was any good at his job we wouldn't be staring relegation in the face. He got 11 points from 10 games and the goals had completely dried up bar one freak performance. The vast majority signings have been dire. He is a big reason we are in this mess, even if he isn't the main issue.
    i thought his sacking was a bit premature at the time and still feel the same. We were never as bad under Morrison as we have been since he left. 11 points from 10 games? Would kill for that kind of form now

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    i thought his sacking was a bit premature at the time and still feel the same. We were never as bad under Morrison as we have been since he left. 11 points from 10 games? Would kill for that kind of form now
    7 goals in 10 games, though. The complete collapse was coming. 4 in 9 if you exclude the freak result at Boro. Our whole method of scoring goals was built around our wide players, in O'Dowda, Philogene, Ojo and Harris etc. That is why we are in this mess because they don't score or create and the midfield was built to be functional and solid. It is why we are quite hard to break down and why we cannot score for love nor money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

So you and TLG want to focus on Morison’s shortcomings as a manager. That’s fine. I’m sure it’ll provide many more message board entries for years to come.
    What I’m more interested in is the present and attempting to find any grains of hope for the season to come. We have a squad that produced one freak performance. Is it possible that they can be coaxed into another 5 or 6 such performances? If so how? From what I remember the first two goals came from decent pressing to win the ball and then quick movement towards the boro goal. The third was good passing followed by excellent dribbling by Ng.

And yes before anyone mentions it Boro were crap at the time.

So you and TLG want to focus on Morison’s shortcomings as a manager. That’s fine. I’m sure it’ll provide many more message board entries for years to come.
    What I’m more interested in is the present and attempting to find any grains of hope for the season to come. We have a squad that produced one freak performance. Is it possible that they can be coaxed into another 5 or 6 such performances? If so how? From what I remember the first two goals came from decent pressing to win the ball and then quick movement towards the boro goal. The third was good passing followed by excellent dribbling by Ng.

And yes before anyone mentions it Boro were crap at the time.
    Why did Morison change the side after that performance? He went from a 352 to a 343/523, and it was absolutely diabolical (as was every time he played that formation). And before anyone says, 2 central strikers and 3 centre mids are worlds apart from a front 3 and 2 in the middle. It is chalk and cheese.

How to get a result from this lot? It's taken 4 managers to figure that out, and they're no closer although it is curious we've hardly gone back to a back 3/5 since. I think we did at Wigan with O'Dowda at RWB

Good analysis

Hopefully Lamouchi will read your second paragraph, watch the videos and get us up the table.
    Btw I don’t give a monkey’s about Morison. he’s history. Just want to be able to watch the Bluebirds without cringing.

Yes

Good analysis

Hopefully Lamouchi will read your second paragraph, watch the videos and get us up the table.
    Btw I don’t give a monkey’s about Morison. he’s history. Just want to be able to watch the Bluebirds without cringing.
    Let's hope Sabri has a game plan up his sleeve and we get 3 points tomorrow night

Good analysis

We should have installed a decent manager following morisons departure

The squad is poor but there was enough to allow an experienced coach to get points on the board

I never thought I would say this but I wouldn't play ralls

If Lamouchi clocks up his 11th successive loss in the Championship tomorrow then he'll be in danger of being referred to as Jonah.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    If Lamouchi clocks up his 11th successive loss in the Championship tomorrow then he'll be in danger of being referred to as Jonah.
    If we lose at brum and against reading then we should play the under 11s

Because another two games with zero points means this team is beyond help

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we lose at brum and against reading then we should play the under 11s

Because another two games with zero points means this team is beyond help
    Lose the next two we’re going down. We need at least two draws for me

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I thinks it's likely we are going down . We are screaming for points but match after match this team is failing .

Against Brum and Reading we are playing two sides who are not yet safe but probably will be

If we fail to get a win out of these two games I think even the most optimistic fans will throw the towel in

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We probably are but Friday is a winnable game as is tonight, it's shit or bust time.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We probably are but Friday is a winnable game as is tonight, it's shit or bust time.
    Two wins and I’ll be nonstop smiling. You never know, football is a funny old game.

Yes.

0-2 and YES !!!!!!!

Yes

Ye of little faith.

Of course, who would ever doubt it?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes

And then we’ll get a few on the bounce.

Keep believing
    We’ll beat Reading

We’ll beat Norwich

And then the fun starts