+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ‘Stewards’ at CCS

The ‘Stewards’ at CCS

For a start….WTF is a “open jacket policy”….probably a Wayne Nash idea?… He should have stuck to cutting the grass.

There must be 100+ ‘jobsworths’ at the Canton end…..staring at the crowd…just looking for some sort of conflict?

Re: The ‘Stewards’ at CCS

Did something happen down the front of the stand behind the goal?

Early in the second half I thought I saw something going on but couldn’t work out what.

modern football is rubbish

They've got their own version of VAR. If you've got a seat next to the aisle and any part of your shoe is encroaching the yellow, they're on it in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Did something happen down the front of the stand behind the goal?

Early in the second half I thought I saw something going on but couldn’t work out what.
    Didn't have a good view. Looked like someone was forced to leave after a bit of argy bargy. Possibly something to o with Boro's time-wasting keeper.

I thought somebody had thrown a bottle of water towards the Middlesbrough goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    For a start….WTF is a “open jacket policy”….probably a Wayne Nash idea?… He should have stuck to cutting the grass.

There must be 100+ ‘jobsworths’ at the Canton end…..staring at the crowd…just looking for some sort of conflict?
    Agreed.
    I was walking slowly (I'm obviously disabled as I was using a crutch) on my way out from the Ninian around under the Canton after the game, noticed the egg was on TV and stopped for TWO SECONDS(!) to see the score and an elderly lady in yellow jacket was on to me in a flash "can you make your way out sir!". It wasn't as if I had been there long, nor was I the only one there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They've got their own version of VAR. If you've got a seat next to the aisle and any part of your shoe is encroaching the yellow, they're on it in a flash.
    Perfectly true. The few CCTV blind spots are surveilled by stewards armed with powerful binoculars.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Agreed.
    I was walking slowly (I'm obviously disabled as I was using a crutch) on my way out from the Ninian around under the Canton after the game, noticed the egg was on TV and stopped for TWO SECONDS(!) to see the score and an elderly lady in yellow jacket was on to me in a flash "can you make your way out sir!". It wasn't as if I had been there long, nor was I the only one there.
    Why have the TVs on if they don't want people to watch them?
    A few years ago Wales were playing France t the same time as us and there was about 15 mins injury time. There were loads of people watching the game in the concourse after the City game finished.

Due to wankers smashing up the
    Bristol City toilets and two separate pitch invaders (which I was unaware of) the club had a big fine and were told to increase the numbers of stewards. It wouldn't surprise me to find that the club are told to be vigilant or else.

They even have a “Runner” steward….complete with football boots on!

The guy must be 250lb….and spent most of the 1st half stuffing sausage rolls down his neck !

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Due to wankers smashing up the
    Bristol City toilets and two separate pitch invaders (which I was unaware of) the club had a big fine and were told to increase the numbers of stewards. It wouldn't surprise me to find that the club are told to be vigilant or else.
    But pestering people to “open their jackets” won’t stop vandalism….and if anyone is taking anything in…Pyro / booze etc….they’re going to stick it down their pants….not under a jacket. I’ve never been asked to do it any other venue I’ve attended.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I thought somebody had thrown a bottle of water towards the Middlesbrough goalkeeper.
    I thought it must have been something like that. Pity the stewards aren't so effective at Elland Road where a small shopfull of bottles end up on the pitch aimed at away keeps.

But pestering people to “open their jackets” won’t stop vandalism….and if anyone is taking anything in…Pyro / booze etc….they’re going to stick it down their pants….not under a jacket. I’ve never been asked to do it any other venue I’ve attended.
    I agree, but was told that it was part of the agreement relating to those incidents that the stewarding was increased and there was extra vigilance on the part of the club

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I thought it must have been something like that. Pity the stewards aren't so effective at Elland Road where a small shopfull of bottles end up on the pitch aimed at away keeps.
    2 ‘Robocop’ type bully boy stewards tried to eject a young guy for an alleged vaping offence….he refused to leave….and supporters around him backed him up…..so they went away.

Seems like a few ST holders (me included) have ‘give it a miss’ tonight.
    I really don’t enjoy the match day experience at CCS, over zealous stewarding, expensive (pre poured) beers….rather watch it on TV. Still guarantee an 18,000+ attendance will be flashed up tho

I enjoyed Luton away btw.

I really don’t enjoy the match day experience at CCS, over zealous stewarding, expensive (pre poured) beers….rather watch it on TV. Still guarantee an 18,000+ attendance will be flashed up tho

Enlightening

Nights like tonight is why you go the game rather than watching on TV, yes i did think twice before leaving in the rain when i could have sat at home with a beer and watched it.
    But when that goal went in that feeling you cannot bottle or replicate from your front room.

Watching the togetherness of the players and staff after the final whistle along with the stadium in full voice is never seen or felt on TV.

We Are Staying Up !!!

Before my son started working fulltime he did a stint as a steward, stewarding rugby matches and also city matches and even a few swansea games.

He didnt have issues at the CCS, only one time a drunk guy was shouting some abusive nonsense but before the stewards intervened, fans around him had "handled him".. Whatever that means.

However, at swansea he was intimated and shocked at the racial abuse some swansea fans directed at their own players when they lost or went behind. One occasion, when forest whipped them, a fair few fans were racially abusing their own players right in front of him

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Before my son started working fulltime he did a stint as a steward, stewarding rugby matches and also city matches and even a few swansea games.

He didnt have issues at the CCS, only one time a drunk guy was shouting some abusive nonsense but before the stewards intervened, fans around him had "handled him".. Whatever that means.

However, at swansea he was intimated and shocked at the racial abuse some swansea fans directed at their own players when they lost or went behind. One occasion, when forest whipped them, a fair few fans were racially abusing their own players right in front of him
    Meant intimidated 😂😂

You obviously haven't been out much then in the last few years, especially since the Manchester Arena bombing. It is standard practice at most major events, none of which are exempt from the threat . I dont know why anyone would complain about the minor inconvenience of opening a jacket, rather petty bearing in mind they are trying to keep everyone, including you, safe.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously haven't been out much then in the last few years, especially since the Manchester Arena bombing. It is standard practice at most major events, none of which are exempt from the threat . I dont know why anyone would complain about the minor inconvenience of opening a jacket, rather petty bearing in mind they are trying to keep everyone, including you, safe.
    Those stewards the op berates deal with all manner of issues at the ground, last night securing the area and looking after a guy who had what looked to be an epileptic fit.

The op would be one of the idiot fans moaning because they were told to use other stairs to get back to their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It’s true though, anything dodge will be down the pants where no pat-down occurs

I had all sorts of crap in my pockets at Birmingham. I didn’t know what half of it was so don’t know how they could with a patty pat

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    Nights like tonight is why you go the game rather than watching on TV, yes i did think twice before leaving in the rain when i could have sat at home with a beer and watched it.
    But when that goal went in that feeling you cannot bottle or replicate from your front room.

Watching the togetherness of the players and staff after the final whistle along with the stadium in full voice is never seen or felt on TV.

We Are Staying Up !!!
    True…I forgot to add I’d been on an all dayer on Thursday before the Mogwai gig…..I struggle to do 2 nights out these days!

Let’s reel those JB’s in !

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Enlightening