+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock time?

Warnock time?

We clearly need a miracle that the manager is not capable of delivering with the tools at his disposal.
    Birmingham Tuesday is tough and may well see us hit bottom.
    If that happens I think we should go for broke and get Warnock. Nothing to lose.

Re: Warnock time?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We clearly need a miracle that the manager is not capable of delivering with the tools at his disposal.
    If that happens I think we should go for broke and get Warnock. Nothing to lose.
    A rocket isn't what this team needs. Playing long ball isn't what this team needs.

What else could Warnock offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It doesn't matter who our manager is. The players simply aren't good enough. Not a great situation when you have a transfer embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A rocket isn't what this team needs. Playing long ball isn't what this team needs.

What else could Warnock offer?
    I’m not advocating getting Warnock in but there seems to have been zero improvement since the new manager arrived.

We need someone who can motivate players to play to and beyond their current ability (forget the style of football for a moment)

And Warnock certainly seems to be able to do that in the short term……

Some make Warnock out to be desperate - right now he wouldnt come near us, he’s not a stupid man and he certainly don't need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Some make Warnock out to be desperate - right now he wouldnt come near us, he’s not a stupid man and he certainly don't need the money.
    Warnock always needs more money.
    Not sure what he could do with this lot though, things are looking ominous right now.

He's 74 and retired. We may as well ask for trump to run the team

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He's 74 and retired. We may as well ask for trump to run the team
    Trump would be entertaining at least.

Relegation? Fake news, storm the EFL buildings.

Nah, too many patch up jobs over the past 5 years, we need a full refurb, and that includes the people running the show. The appointment of Morison was the clincher, he is-was deluded, and he has brought in duds, players who were either on the slide or who are never going to be. It's a huge mess that can't be fixed by some old man in Warnock. The biggest problem is that we don't have players with a bit of character who can get us out of this mess. It's been coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’m not advocating getting Warnock in but there seems to have been zero improvement since the new manager arrived.

We need someone who can motivate players to play to and beyond their current ability (forget the style of football for a moment)

And Warnock certainly seems to be able to do that in the short term……
    This lot haven't got it in them, they don't have the character of belief to get themselves out of this mess. We could end up bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This lot haven't got it in them, they don't have the character of belief to get themselves out of this mess. We could end up bottom.
    But, in Warnock’s defence, that is what he is/was good at - getting more from pretty average players (Bamba, NML, Hoillett etc) And that is what we need - these players can play better (maybe not by much) but enough to keep us up.

But, in Warnock’s defence, that is what he is/was good at - getting more from pretty average players (Bamba, NML, Hoillett etc) And that is what we need - these players can play better (maybe not by much) but enough to keep us up.
    No this squad is done I am afraid

Game after game we are losing

The players are simply crap

In 2016 Bamba and Hoilett were better than any of our players today.

Bamba and Hoilett were not average players at Championship level in my opinion. I'd say that Warnock can build a team that suits his style of play, he has to have the players to do it, strong, aggressive, hard working, physical etc. Can you see any of this lot playing like that?

There's not enough quality in this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    In 2016 Bamba and Hoilett were better than any of our players today.
    They'd walk in our side. They were star players in a promotion side.

This side just aren't good enough. I hope we pull it out of the bag but it's a long way off. I don't see how we are going to score goals on a regular basis. We've had 4 managers this season and none have got a tune out of them.

Bamba and Hoilett were not average players at Championship level in my opinion. I'd say that Warnock can build a team that suits his style of play, he has to have the players to do it, strong, aggressive, hard working, physical etc. Can you see any of this lot playing like that?
    Well they are certainly playing below the standards of earlier in the season so potentially yes. There is certainly headroom to improve for all of them. Not by much maybe but enough to survive.

And we'll be stuck with the same bunch of losers next season. It's a total cluster****.

were we ever really going to get a result V M'borogh ? ? ? 3rd in the table V a team thats struggling for confidence and just a weak team

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    There's not enough quality in this squad.
    Agree, i don't know what people are waiting for, are players all of a sudden going to change how they play? This group are on their third manager, haven't we seen enough of them to know that they aren't good enough and don't seem to possess the short term attributes like willingness, character, responsibilty, the qualities that can pull you out of a shit situation. Not this lot, 30 games in, haven't we seen enough?

Even Warnock couldn't polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    were we ever really going to get a result V M'borogh ? ? ? 3rd in the table V a team thats struggling for confidence and just a weak team
    We might as well just all **** off home then....

We might as well just all **** off home then....
    realistically, this season in our current state, 'borough were never going to be a win game, lets be honest

Well they are certainly playing below the standards of earlier in the season so potentially yes. There is certainly headroom to improve for all of them. Not by much maybe but enough to survive.
    I admire your positivity Bob, i just don't feel it. This is a team in free fall, they don't know how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We were under orders to be positive by the good and the great.