+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Re: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What games have we bottled? We've conceded late goals but that's come after constant pressure.

In almost every win, we've had to hold on for dear life at the end.
    Historically speaking. If you started supporting this club over the last 10-15 years i would understand your scepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It will if they do us in the last but one game of the season

You and tlg will be coming up with some excuses but it won't wash
    You're loving this, aren't you? I bet you can't wait until we go down and you can then bang on for the next 6 months, every day, that you were right and everyone else was wrong. Do you really think that this shit show is balanced by the appointment of Warnock? Because if you do, then you're beyond help. I was posting on here during our promotion season saying that the football Warnock employed (From October onwards) would be detrimental to our development, i said that it was short termism, i called it Anti Football, i said that no team will prosper in the long term playing the way we did, and i was right, Warnock ball and his poor recruitment was the catalyst to what we are witnessing now. You like him because he spoils, just like you do, a strange fascination with debunking craft, creativity, thought, enjoyment etc.

I think the worst thing about this appointment is that there will be some insufferable wankers on here when they win a game claiming it is all down to Warnock.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We would have stayed up if Henderson had not organised that trip, it changed our season and Warnock lost his focus as he was so down about the situation, harsh to blame him for that.

The situation would have been completely different now, it's the others that have got us into the current position.
    He's saved more clubs from the Championship drop than Sabri and any other Manager, it's his area of expertise, short sharp reorganisation mission, back to basics and battle and fight for your lives, get your heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the worst thing about this appointment is that there will be some insufferable wankers on here when they win a game claiming it is all down to Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we are notorious bottlers
    We'll bottle relegation

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Historically speaking. If you started supporting this club over the last 10-15 years i would understand your scepticism.
    I'm sure almost every fan thinks this of their team. I've seen us get promoted 5 times, we didn't bottle it then.

I'm sure almost every fan thinks this of their team. I've seen us get promoted 5 times, we didn't bottle it then.
    What do you do when your team is bottling staying up though?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The joke will be on you if he keeps them up

Egg all over your face
    Reckon he will too…the final twist of the knife for Vinnie

We spent 60m or something when he was in charge, and what have we got to show for it?
    We saw Gary madine play live….. and we got 10 back for the wurzel who always dreamt of playing for Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well Iets hope your right as both have good form in short term survival tactics . Think Warnock went to some club in Wales kept them up, and got them promoted to Premiership with a rag tag squad.. oh and nearly survived.
    Yeah he was brilliant for us but he is 71 years old now. Everyone loses their touch at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Skybet pulled its next Huddersfield manager betting market just as the tweet below appeared.

Always two, there are. No more. No less. A Master and an apprentice.
    The Master has been snapped up, it's time for Pullis.

The BBC report about his appointment says he hasn't got Blackwell as assistant this time, it's Jepson, and he takes charge of the team beginning next Saturday. Someone else will lead them versus Stoke on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're loving this, aren't you? I bet you can't wait until we go down and you can then bang on for the next 6 months, every day, that you were right and everyone else was wrong. Do you really think that this shit show is balanced by the appointment of Warnock? Because if you do, then you're beyond help. I was posting on here during our promotion season saying that the football Warnock employed (From October onwards) would be detrimental to our development, i said that it was short termism, i called it Anti Football, i said that no team will prosper in the long term playing the way we did, and i was right, Warnock ball and his poor recruitment was the catalyst to what we are witnessing now. You like him because he spoils, just like you do, a strange fascination with debunking craft, creativity, thought, enjoyment etc.
    I don't really get this 'anti football ' idea, we were direct under him but not stoke levels of hoofball.

As for what he left us with, he left us a squad that Neil Harris was able to gently evolve into a play off side. I'd say that a lot more of the blame should go to harris and onwards for being unable to build. We were left with a team of solid but unspectacular players (cloggers if you're less kind) that could have done with some creativity being added. It's not Warnock's fault that the managers that followed didn't add in better players. We've signed over 30 players on permanent contracts since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    As for what he left us with, he left us a squad that Neil Harris was able to gently evolve into a play off side. I'd say that a lot more of the blame should go to harris and onwards for being unable to build. We were left with a team of solid but unspectacular players (cloggers if you're less kind) that could have done with some creativity being added. It's not Warnock's fault that the managers that followed didn't add in better players.
    Subsequent managers were severely hamstrung by budget cuts after Warnock had blown millions on a sub-standard squad.

Harris brought in Moore and Wilson, who are now playing in the Premier League. Most of the players Warnock signed following relegation from the Premier League are now playing in League One.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Subsequent managers were severely hamstrung by budget cuts after Warnock had blown millions on a sub-standard squad.

Harris brought in Moore and Wilson, who are now playing in the Premier League. Most of the players Warnock signed following relegation from the Premier League are now playing in League One.
    Must have been a good budget to land Moore and borrow Wilson then following Warnocks great achievement of getting a relegation-threatened team promoted in 18 months. We would have stayed up too if it wasn't for that flight arranged by Henderson.

The Managers since Warnock is the main problem three coaches and a useless old Manager, they've been a disaster.

Must have been a good budget to land Moore and borrow Wilson…
    Moore was bought for £2 million. Warnock had spent double that on Leandro Bacuna.

The players Warnock brought in following relegation from the Premier League were Joe Day, Aden Flint, Robert Glatzel, Curtis Nelson, Marlon Pack, Isaac Vassell, Will Vaulks and Gavin Whyte. He spent millions on that lot. The club is still paying the price.

Must have been a good budget to land Moore and borrow Wilson then following Warnocks great achievement of getting a relegation-threatened team promoted in 18 months. We would have stayed up too if it wasn't for that flight arranged by Henderson.

The Managers since Warnock is the main problem three coaches and a useless old Manager, they've been a disaster.
    Bit pie in the sky to assume we’d have stayed up with Sala, we’ll never know. But what we do know is that Warnock was involved in the whole dodgy scenario, he had the connection to Willie McKay which triggered the tragedy. Warnock is a major player in the situation we find ourselves in now.

Moore was bought for £2 million. Warnock had spent double that on Leandro Bacuna.

The players Warnock brought in following relegation from the Premier League were Joe Day, Aden Flint, Robert Glatzel, Curtis Nelson, Marlon Pack, Isaac Vassell, Will Vaulks and Gavin Whyte. He spent millions on that lot. The club is still paying the price.
    But got us promoted with a load of journeymen the season after taking over when we were in danger of relegation.

It is strange how some people never mention this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But got us promoted with a load of journeymen the season after taking over when we were in danger of relegation.

we didn't have a load of journeymen, we still had parachute payments, and had a strong championship squad as a result.
    yes he did a great job in galvanising the side but we should have been higher up the table already.
    our wage bill would have been one of the highest 6 or so in the division, nowadays it is likely in the lowest 6, largely because of the bad decisions that Warnock made

International

Yes sure he made some mistakes, but with the money he generated from taking us to the premier league, Pack, Flint, Nelson, and Vaulks at the time were much better than the players we have now.

He won't spend at Huddersfield just try and motivate and man-manage some confidence into a weak squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I don’t think anybody disputes that Warnock did a good job in 2016/17 and 2017/18. However, that work was undone in 2018/19 and 2019/20, and the club is still shouldering the cost of his poor buys and dodgy deals.

Yes sure he made some mistakes, but with the money he generated from taking us to the premier league, Pack, Flint, Nelson, and Vaulks at the time were much better than the players we have now.
    Bear in mind that when he departed, Warnock also left the club with the likes of Bacuna, Bogle, Madine and Murphy.

He inherits a Huddersfield side that have badly under-performed this season after finishing 3rd last season. It won’t be a huge surprise if he keeps them up.

International

Bear in mind that when he departed, Warnock also left the club with the likes of Bacuna, Bogle, Madine and Murphy.

He inherits a Huddersfield side that have badly under-performed this season after finishing 3rd last season. It won’t be a huge surprise if he keeps them up.
    Agreed because it's his area of expertise, but he is inheriting the worst but one team in the league based on the table that would have almost certainly gone down without him.

Even with Warnock arriving the bookies still have them as 2nd favorites to go down, so if he keeps them up he will have done a great job.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...hip/relegation

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit pie in the sky to assume we’d have stayed up with Sala, we’ll never know. But what we do know is that Warnock was involved in the whole dodgy scenario, he had the connection to Willie McKay which triggered the tragedy. Warnock is a major player in the situation we find ourselves in now.
    What a £ 15million goal-scoring striker with the 2nd best goals scored in France that season so far wouldn't have got us three more points?

The fact that he died had a massive impact on our season, so we didn't only lose his goals we also had Warnock and the fans distracted, we would have stayed up for sure, but that's life and it has led to our current lowly position.