+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Re: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I suppose we were about six places higher in the table when he left compared to when he arrived, but I think it’s stretching things to say he left us better off.
    And all the cupboards bare!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Danny Gabbidon’s not bothered by Neil Warnock’s appointment at Huddersfield.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...towns-26263958
    He's partly right it's in our own hands, a win tonight and I think we will comfortably pull away!

They're at home to Birmingham tomorrow, Warnock won't really have had any time, but let's see where we both are tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But got us promoted with a load of journeymen the season after taking over when we were in danger of relegation.

It is strange how some people never mention this.

It always gets mentioned. Just before it's mentioned how he wasted millions on Reid, Murphy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some great excitement and goals for the kids when warnock was here

But the modern football types want it passed into the next

We will see
    Aye fantastic. My daughter got bored and didn't want to go and watch the shit he was serving up. Aye, kids loved it, fantastic.

International

Warnock's first game and he has made 7 changes including the keeper, a bit early for him to make a big impact but this game will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Warnock's first game and he has made 7 changes including the keeper, a bit early for him to make a big impact but this game will be interesting.
    ah, well, nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aye fantastic. My daughter got bored and didn't want to go and watch the shit he was serving up. Aye, kids loved it, fantastic.
    Yes. The kids really hated being in the Premier League, didn’t they…….?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    She didn't want to go because the ball wasn't hitting the back of the net

Kids are like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes. The kids really hated being in the Premier League, didn’t they…….?
    Funny how half our fans vanished on relegation

It was the quality of the football obviously ....

I wouldn’t worry about Huddersfield, Warnock is past it, Gabbidon told us.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Funny how half our fans vanished on relegation

It was the quality of the football obviously ....
    Time for a few corrections....

Half of the crowd didn't vanish after relegation. We lost a certain percentage of our crowd in line with many other teams who come down from the Prem. Those clubs whose attendances are little affected by relegation are quite rare.

You'd expect crowds to start dropping if promotion doesn't look likely. Call that what you like, but it happens almost across the board. We were never looking like playoff hopefuls but our crowds stayed almost the same under Warnock and Harris on average. Unfortunately we had Covid lockdown but I do wonder what our crowds would have been towards the end of the season when we went on a great run to finish in the playoffs? We can only speculate, but we'd easily have had more than our season average of nearly 23k (which isn't half of 31k).

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about Huddersfield, Warnock is past it, Gabbidon told us.
    I certainly wouldn't worry about one result against a shit side. In fact, had Huddersfield not won today, I would have considered them dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Time for a few corrections....

Half of the crowd didn't vanish after relegation. We lost a certain percentage of our crowd in line with many other teams who come down from the Prem. Those clubs whose attendances are little affected by relegation are quite rare.

You'd expect crowds to start dropping if promotion doesn't look likely. Call that what you like, but it happens almost across the board. We were never looking like playoff hopefuls but our crowds stayed almost the same under Warnock and Harris on average. Unfortunately we had Covid lockdown but I do wonder what our crowds would have been towards the end of the season when we went on a great run to finish in the playoffs? We can only speculate, but we'd easily have had more than our season average of nearly 23k (which isn't half of 31k).
    Family Stand had plenty of empty seats after we were relegated. People bought the cheap seasons tickets to reserve seats should we return to the Prem, maybe went to the odd game here or there. In the last few seasons, empty seats have become far more visible.

International

Returning boss Neil Warnock said he had "tears in his eyes" following the reception he got from Huddersfield Town fans before their comeback victory over Birmingham City.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64606741

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I certainly wouldn't worry about one result against a shit side. In fact, had Huddersfield not won today, I would have considered them dead and buried.
    Come off it, you're hatred for Warnock and desperation to be right is making you talk nonsense.

Before our last two games, you said you wouldn't be worried if Cardiff had lost the last two games and that the season wouldn't be over if they did, that would have us bottom of the League with 29 points.

Yet now you are claiming Birmingham are shit, and that Huddersfield season would have been over and they would have been dead and buried if they hadn't won, make your mind up!