+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Re: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I'd agree, why she stopped comedy acting I'll never know, she might not have looked like a schoolboy but some people liked it and it must have been so much less pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    You couldn't upset me Jon, we just disagree on Starmer and Corbyn.

I respect your viewpoint and apart from the above I tend to support the views you outline on this MB

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sturgeon has her weaknesses and failures, but she is head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over.
    What about the £600k loan and McDonald emails?

Very interesting Newsagents podcast interview with Diane Abbott yesterday, well worth a listen.

She probably knows Corbyn better than almost anyone so what she says about his views on Brexit rather confirms most peoples suspicions.

Very interesting Newsagents podcast interview with Diane Abbott yesterday, well worth a listen.

She probably knows Corbyn better than almost anyone so what she says about his views on Brexit rather confirms most peoples suspicions.
    Not listened to it (yet). Corbyn was on the Newsagents podcast on 3 February. Interesting discussion where he repeated that he is and was an EU sceptic. But he did follow the party line pre referendum, even if not enthusiastically. He also did over 100 trade union meetings on Brexit that got no news coverage where he continued that scepticism but asked for a Remain vote - according to my mate who was a Unite rep on one of the NEC sub committees (and Chair of Sheffield Trades Council).

He (may mate, Martin Mayer) was expelled last month for sharing a speaker platform 4/5 years ago with one of the Labour organisations that was subsequently proscribed. Retrospective thought crime!

Not listened to it (yet). Corbyn was on the Newsagents podcast on 3 February. Interesting discussion where he repeated that he is and was an EU sceptic. But he did follow the party line pre referendum, even if not enthusiastically. He also did over 100 trade union meetings on Brexit that got no news coverage where he continued that scepticism but asked for a Remain vote - according to my mate who was a Unite rep on one of the NEC sub committees (and Chair of Sheffield Trades Council).

He (may mate, Martin Mayer) was expelled last month for sharing a speaker platform 4/5 years ago with one of the Labour organisations that was subsequently proscribed. Retrospective thought crime!
    This is one, of many, problems I have with Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party.

Most knew that he was, at least, eurosceptic and probably full on anti-EU and if he was as honest and decent as you say then he should never have led what is a massively pro-EU party. Membership of the EU is hardly a minor issue and surely the leader must be fully behind major party policy.

Once the party and it's membership backed remain he should have resigned the leadership. As a supposed man of principle I'm surprised he didn't. Or perhaps he isn't as principled as you think and he abandoned them to keep the trappings of high office.

International

She knows stuff no one would want to know or even imagine about him.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Someone who gets so confused with basic grammar such that they can't distinguish between a pronoun and a verb deserves to leave office.
    I take it you are perfectly amazing in everything you do right ?

I bet you were a high flier in your time wasn’t you

I would take the odd mistake in grammar ( when posting on a phone ) than swap my life with yours any day of the week

Harsh comments I know but you could have said **** all couldn’t you , but you can’t resist it

Melt

I doubt Corbyn was attracted to 'the trappings of high office'.

Maybe the trappings of the allotment and the labour hall podium?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I would take the odd mistake in grammar ( when posting on a phone ) than swap my life with yours any day of the week

Harsh comments I know but you could have said **** all couldn’t you , but you can’t resist it

Melt
    You thought was/were were pronouns because you posted from a phone?

It was a lighthearted quip , are you on the spectrum or something Ffs

It was a lighthearted quip , are you on the spectrum or something Ffs
    Yeah was quite obviously a joke.

Headline in the Metro today is 'Sturgone'. I emailed them this afternoon to advise of their poor editorial standards in letting that spelling mistake get on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah was quite obviously a joke.

Headline in the Metro today is 'Sturgone'. I emailed them this afternoon to advise of their poor editorial standards in letting that spelling mistake get on the front page
    Only Dripfool to go now

Melt
    How dare you confront the Abertridwr antagonist !

Sturgeon will go down in history as the person who saved the Union, whether by accident or design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    and replied with the right user id. You're getting better at this, D!

This is one, of many, problems I have with Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party.

Most knew that he was, at least, eurosceptic and probably full on anti-EU and if he was as honest and decent as you say then he should never have led what is a massively pro-EU party. Membership of the EU is hardly a minor issue and surely the leader must be fully behind major party policy.

Once the party and it's membership backed remain he should have resigned the leadership. As a supposed man of principle I'm surprised he didn't. Or perhaps he isn't as principled as you think and he abandoned them to keep the trappings of high office.
    I thought the world of Jeremy and still do but the only issue I had with him was his anti EU stance. In some ways it was really unfortunate he happened to be Labour leader during an existential national convulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    and replied with the right user id. You're getting better at this, D!
    Oh, WB is back? I was certain a WEF hitman would’ve taken him out for exposing their deepest darkest secrets that can be found on Twitter.

What's this? I thought he was holed-up sipping Pimms somewhere in leafy Berkshire refreshing Pfizer's share price at Yahoo Finance to calculate the fluctuating value of his holdings.

That price has been flat over the past 2.5 years. With 10% inflation reducing their real worth further then it's little wonder the old boy is always cheesed-off around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Oh, WB is back? I was certain a WEF hitman would’ve taken him out for exposing their deepest darkest secrets that can be found on Twitter.
    When you are using more keyboards than Jean Michel Jarre I guess it's easy to drop in when you least expect it!

The name of the bloke speaking is Humza Yousaf, an MSP, who's 4th favourite in the betting to become Scotland's next First Minister according to the odds at this site. https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/s...inney%20%2B600

The blurb atop the twitter message is wrong; he was born in Blighty.

Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over.
    What about the £600k loan and McDonald emails?
    Bingo.

Would it be naive of me to think that she knew today's event was coming before she resigned?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Would it be naive of me to think that she knew today's event was coming before she resigned?
    It would be a little Krankie

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If I knew then she definitely knew.