+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Re: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    It's just how it was, manual job in the week and the weekend to release the rat race boredom and a few beers following the club.
    I meant the police rounding you up, it must have been the seventies

Husband charged with embezzlement.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...-funds-4596788

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

This is good

https://x.com/tobymacallister/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Listen to Nicola Sturgeon warning her SNP leadership to keep their mouths shut.

How much did Nicola Sturgeon know about SNP finances? Peter Murrell, her own husband, has reportedly been arrested and charged with embezzlement.

And to think this women had the audacity to critises Westminster. Ffs hypocrisy at it arrogant best. Awful women. Hubby is the fall guy for now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And to think this women had the audacity to critises Westminster. Ffs hypocrisy at it arrogant best. Awful women. Hubby is the fall guy for now.
    She's not a happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over.
    Jon, you've gone quiet on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Jon, you've gone quiet on this one!
    Quiet? I don't know what you expect me to say - I have already said it, although quite a while ago.

Despite the SNP funding 'scandal' (and arrests) and the PC row-back on the 20 mph speed limit, my considered opinion is this:

'Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over.'

I hope that is clear?

Quiet? I don't know what you expect me to say - I have already said it, although quite a while ago.

Despite the SNP funding 'scandal' (and arrests) and the PC row-back on the 20 mph speed limit, my considered opinion is this:

'Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over.'

I hope that is clear?
    The same Sturgeon who ordered schools to saw off the bottom of fire doors during Covid for ventilation

Strange how those on here so quick to yell “globalist conspiracy” when discussing world political appear to be so anti the former leaders of Great Britain’s two biggest nationalist parties

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The same Sturgeon who ordered schools to saw off the bottom of fire doors during Covid for ventilation
    Yes, that Sturgeon.

Very sensible suggestion at the time (although not directly from Sturgeon). Improved ventilation at minimal cost, and brought school buildings into line with the UK Building Regs for new housing.

Surprised you are still parroting the Scottish Tories sneering attack line. There are many better reasons to denounce Sturgeon and the SNP - but for me she and Drakeford, the SNP and Welsh Labour, were head and shoulders above the Westminster Tories when it came to leadership and public information during Covid (and beyond Covid too).

Sturgeon's government was cutting an inch off the bottom of some school doors. Johnson's government was handing multi millions of public money to their mates to produce unusable PPE.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2006900.html

Yes, that Sturgeon.

Very sensible suggestion at the time (although not directly from Sturgeon). Improved ventilation at minimal cost, and brought school buildings into line with the UK Building Regs for new housing.

Surprised you are still parroting the Scottish Tories sneering attack line. There are many better reasons to denounce Sturgeon and the SNP - but for me she and Drakeford, the SNP and Welsh Labour, were head and shoulders above the Westminster Tories when it came to leadership and public information during Covid (and beyond Covid too).

Sturgeon's government was cutting an inch off the bottom of some school doors. Johnson's government was handing multi millions of public money to their mates to produce unusable PPE.

Johnson's government were also supporting millions of people through furlough who otherwise would have been financially ruined by the inability to work. Reducing it down to "deals for their mates" is entirely disengenuous.

My experience, living in Wales is that at the time my opinion of Drakeford rose in the first part of the pandemic. I think he came across as sober and professional. But he also saw it as a political opportunity to create often artificial policy waters between him and Westminster and there's no evidence any of it worked and some of it (closing off the toy aisles for example) was spiteful and struck me as power hungry. Generally speaking I think people looked to Westminster during that period. I remember numerous texts about 'boris speaking at 7pm' or whatever but people didn't say that about Drakeford.

More than anything, I'm in favour of devolution generally, including of healthcare, but I think a UK wide approach to COVID would have worked better even if that was never going to happen. For Sturgeon in particular it was just another opportunity to parrot lines about independence.

Yes, that Sturgeon.

Mass formation psychosis so strong with this one

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Mass formation psychosis so strong with this one
    Your choice if you were more impressed with the BoJo Tories. (I really should have done that in a BTec Yoda 'voice' - but it's late!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Would it be naive of me to think that she knew today's event was coming before she resigned?
    From my post of the 5th April last year. Clearly I wasn't being naive - confirmed by events 12 months later!