+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff Taxi Survey

Re: Cardiff Taxi Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    1 trip an hour? I just don't see how there can be such a scarcity of passengers. There's always a steady stream of people getting into taxis at the various ranks by the station, castle and on St Mary street. I can't imagine any taxi is sitting there for ~40 mins.
    More often than not if I'm in an uber they'll be getting notifications about pick up requests and I'm only in the car for 10 or so minutes.
    I was just having a laughate I've got no idea of the frequency of fares, being more serious I'd imagine it would beore than that though? Unless there are too many of them out midweek to share the fares? No clue tbh.

My mates dad who used to do it switched to Amazon ages ago. Another fella I know who's retired has a parcel delivery round as well, companies are crying out for delivery drivers and they all seem a bit better than being a taxi driver. I never understand the "nothing out there" claims when people can move from one company to the next doing this type of work

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This isn't what we were talking about.

The post was about people working for terrible wages

"This is life" you say

Aye.. for those of us that struggle daily to juggle X amount of other responsibilities and still go to work.

I don't recall people being unable to work being in question in the thread
    So you think that you struggle daily to work on low wages ?

Well if you do then it's your responsibility to try and better yourself

You have regularly made comments on here about you being deserving whilst others who you think choose not to work being scroungers

So you have to excuse the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So you think that you struggle daily to work on low wages ?

Well if you do then it's your responsibility to try and better yourself

You have regularly made comments on here about you being deserving whilst others who you think choose not to work being scroungers

So you have to excuse the confusion
    I don't struggle..I make a nice wage.

I was confused at you quote posting it as you don't work.

I don't struggle..I make a nice wage.

I was confused at you quote posting it as you don't work.
    Yes I do

I worked before my old folks got ill , cared for them and when they died went back to work

I know that you are pissed off with people you think are scroungers getting benefits but you had child benefit for your daughter so you are not in a position to take sides

A lot of people think if you have children then you should pay for them yourself and not get money from the state

I prefer to keep out of such discussions

Yes I do

I worked before my old folks got ill , cared for them and when they died went back to work

I know that you are pissed off with people you think are scroungers getting benefits but you had child benefit for your daughter so you are not in a position to take sides

A lot of people think if you have children then you should pay for them yourself and not get money from the state

I prefer to keep out of such discussions
    I did did I

Thanks for informing me of that.

Must've missed that going in the account. Will they backdate it if I can prove I never received it?

That'll go nice I'm the holiday fund.

I did did I

Thanks for informing me of that.

Must've missed that going in the account. Will they backdate it if I can prove I never received it?

That'll go nice I'm the holiday fund.
    You automatically get child benefit

You must have spent it on crack

You automatically get child benefit

You must have spent it on crack
    Oh you do do you.

Well mister know it all, where did mine go if I had no paperwork for it and nothing wen into my bank?

I don’t use them anymore. Most stink, are dirty, death traps. And the drivers dress and smell like slobs. Hope the whole lot goes under !

Oh you do do you.

Well mister know it all, where did mine go if I had no paperwork for it and nothing wen into my bank?
    Your wife or girlfriend got it for your child

One of you got it as her parents

Your wife or girlfriend got it for your child

One of you got it as her parents
    But I never. So I'm not a benefit scrounger as you call them.

You tried.

Win some lose some.

Enjoy your day at work.

But I never. So I'm not a benefit scrounger as you call them.

You tried.

Win some lose some.

Enjoy your day at work.
    You created a baby out of choice

You got benefits from that

When your missus needed nappies for your child she had some cash to pay for it which came from the state

She would have been hassling you for money otherwise so you benefitted from the welfare system

If you had used a lid on your ticker and been responsible you could have saved the country thousands

There's no telling some people

You created a baby out of choice

You got benefits from that

When your missus needed nappies for your child she had some cash to pay for it which came from the state

She would have been hassling you for money otherwise so you benefitted from the welfare system

If you had used a lid on your ticker and been responsible you could have saved the country thousands

There's no telling some people

You refuse to lose even a little online back and forth don't you. You're a weird one.

I've never claimed.

I've also kept a full time job since school and looked after my mother for varying reasons since I was a teenager.

Need to work to get on in life.