+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Laura McAllister.

Congratulations to Laura McAllister.

Re: Congratulations to Laura McAllister.

👍

Bridgend Lass

CCFC regular

Would make a great director of football

It’s got so many ad’s, that it won’t scroll down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bridgend Lass

CCFC regular

They could do a lot worse.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bridgend Lass

CCFC regular

Having a laugh ain't you!

For Swansea maybe!

Yes heard this was happening great lady , likes a Beer in Chapter Arts , big Patti Smith fan , good footballer , good to talk too as she can see both sides of the arguments of life .. her partner is lovely .

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Having a laugh ain't you!

For Swansea maybe!
    She's a very intelligent person

And knows a lot about football

What have we got at the moment ?

Certainly knows her football, the few times I’ve seen her on tv as a pundit she’s been head and shoulders, regarding all aspects of the game, above the ex footballers on the respective panels. I’d have her as director of football down the City in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Certainly knows her football, the few times I’ve seen her on tv as a pundit she’s been head and shoulders, regarding all aspects of the game, above the ex footballers on the respective panels. I’d have her as director of football down the City in a heartbeat.
    She is an ex footballer

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    She is an ex footballer
    I wondered who’d spot that first Sgt Wilson

Congrats Laura

Really pleased for her.

Often bump into her at CCS with her kids.

Was very unlucky in 2021 not to get the job, so this is great news.

And yeah, would have her at city as a DoF in a heartbeat.

She's spoilt it all by an article in yesterday's western mail about trainers and daps

International

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Congrats Laura

Really pleased for her.

Often bump into her at CCS with her kids.

Was very unlucky in 2021 not to get the job, so this is great news.

And yeah, would have her at city as a DoF in a heartbeat.
    DOF why???

Haven't people learned Hudsons is a nice bloke and has played football at a good level, it doesn't mean you can make him a Manager, well you can, unless you like dropping down the leagues and losing a fortune.

DOF why???

Haven't people learned Hudsons is a nice bloke and has played football at a good level, it doesn't mean you can make him a Manager, well you can, unless you like dropping down the leagues and losing a fortune.
    Exactly, because you’ve played the game doesn’t mean you’d make a good manager but when as well as playing the game you’ve been involved in football administration for years, that’s a different matter. When, as a pundit on TV, you can display a knowledge and astuteness of the game which far outstrips the others on the respective panels you’ve been on, you’ve got a fair old chance of succeeding as a director of football. Laura McAllister ticks those boxes.

International

Exactly, because you’ve played the game doesn’t mean you’d make a good manager but when as well as playing the game you’ve been involved in football administration for years, that’s a different matter. When, as a pundit on TV, you can display a knowledge and astuteness of the game which far outstrips the others on the respective panels you’ve been on, you’ve got a fair old chance of succeeding as a director of football. Laura McAllister ticks those boxes.
    But the point I was making is she's never done it, the same as Hudson, oh she's been a pundit I'd want her to run our club, it's nonsense that's a top job and for a multi-million-pound club only an experienced proven director of football should be considered.

But the point I was making is she's never done it, the same as Hudson, oh she's been a pundit I'd want her to run our club, it's nonsense that's a top job and for a multi-million-pound club only an experienced proven director of football should be considered.
    All I can say is Google her name and have a read about her experience, particularly in Sports Governance. A mere pundit she certainly isn’t. She’s been involved in multi million pound concerns, she’s certainly no run of the mill ex footballer.

How does a Director of Football get experience of being a Director of Football before becoming a Director of Football?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How does a Director of Football get the experience of being a Director of Football before becoming a Director of Football?
    The same as a Manager, start at a lower level, and then if they're good enough and have proved they can do the job a bigger job could come along.

Like Gareth Ainsworth being considered for QPR or Mouhinio when he grew from coach to a Manager, to a top-level Manager.

International

All I can say is Google her name and have a read about her experience, particularly in Sports Governance. A mere pundit she certainly isn’t. She’s been involved in multi million pound concerns, she’s certainly no run of the mill ex footballer.
    I'm not putting her down, it's just I can't see anything in her career experience to say she could transform Cardiff City into a club that's run as well as Brentford, and that's what we need, not sure on the ex paid Cymru candidate bit either, she's had a hell of a lot of jobs.

I'm not putting her down, it's just I can't see anything in her career experience to say she could transform Cardiff City into a club that's run as well as Brentford, and that's what we need, not sure on the ex paid Cymru candidate bit either, she's had a hell of a lot of jobs.
    Well Brentford are a one off

Very few clubs are as well run as them

But anything would be better than we have now

It was only a suggestion but a big plus is that she’s a City fan and, I’d imagine, as honest as the day is long. Someone like her, whoever we hypothetically appointed, having the club at heart is a massive plus. As we’ve unfortunately experienced employees with no link to the club, or any club in the same position for that matter, can, shall we say, be less than careful with the finances.

I’ve always thought that clubs with old legends still about the place watching points have an edge. Maybe a crap thought but, for example, Bobby Charlton at Man U hovering about may rein in anyone thinking of pulling a few fast ones. I always hoped that Tosh would end up as a father figure down here, not as a director of football but as a ‘presence’. Perhaps I’m looking for something that our club’s hierarchy wouldn’t consider in a million years, it may piss over the precarious empire they’ve created.

International

Fair enough some good points, Toshack would have probably made a very good director of football, very headstrong though so would never work with Tan-type owners.

Huw Jenkins did a good Director of football-type role at Swansea and they owe him for their premier League stint, although it all went wrong towards the end he had more right than wrong and did well with Manager selection most of the time.

Fair enough some good points, Toshack would have probably made a very good director of football, very headstrong though so would never work with Tan-type owners.

Huw Jenkins did a good Director of football-type role at Swansea and they owe him for their premier League stint, although it all went wrong towards the end he had more right than wrong and did well with Manager selection most of the time.
    The jacks slag him off but Hugh Jenkins was very good for Swansea

Has he any experience as a DoF that would make him probably a very good one here?