Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will 48 points be enough ?

International

Re: Will 48 points be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We were poor against Birmingham , almost as bad as them

These two wins however have been fantastic

But it ain't the end of the road by a long way
    Pivtol games we beat the teams just above us (our six pointers) and formed a new way of playing with confidence and many goal scoring opportunities, while at the same time tightening up at the back even more, playing a high line, we could have played Colwill in goals the keeper was only needed to kick the ball back out.

Granted it's not over but the position has completely changed in a week, Sabri has done a great job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I was trying to be polite, but you are right, this has been an awful season and the standards have dropped substantially.
    Can someone tell me what constitutes a bad season in the Championship, please? I remember reading similar when we won it ? Personally I thought that was a great season but then again I’m shallow and tend to be happier when we win than when we lose.
    Are there some statistics for this (quality of a particular season) or is it a gut feel that people have?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    Can someone tell me what constitutes a bad season in the Championship, please? I remember reading similar when we won it ? Personally I thought that was a great season but then again I’m shallow and tend to be happier when we win than when we lose.
    Are there some statistics for this (quality of a particular season) or is it a gut feel that people have?
    If you need stats I know a man who can help

But in summary , given what we had on the table , a lower mid table position would have been good and for ccfc that's in general a good position I would think 🤔

If you need stats I know a man who can help

But in summary , given what we had on the table , a lower mid table position would have been good and for ccfc that's in general a good position I would think ��
    Thanks Mr Factory.
    I agree with your assessment now and would’ve agreed at the start of the season.

What I was more getting at is this sweeping comment on all 24 teams in a league for a whole season and assessing it as bad, poor (we never seem to see excellent, brilliant). I probably have missed it somewhere where Mr Bee or Mr Gunman or another stats savvy contributor has defined what a bad Championship is? My only thought is this season the championship has been crap except for 9 occasions when it’s been good.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's been on the relegation bandwagon lately. Got to keep that going now to save face, now we've won 2 on the bounce.

Don't fall for it

It's a fishing trip.
    You lot will never learn.

You were warned.

Idiots.

Can someone tell me what constitutes a bad season in the Championship, please?
    I’ll have a go. From my perspective, it’s as simple as the standard of football throughout the division, which this season has been mostly awful. The fact that sides as limited as Luton, Millwall and Blackburn are genuine play-off contenders speaks volumes.

I don’t know why the standard in the Championship is so poor this season, but it certainly is. The gap in quality between the top flight and the second tier has never looked so wide.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ll have a go. From my perspective, it’s as simple as the standard of football throughout the division, which this season has been mostly awful. The fact that sides as limited as Luton, Millwall and Blackburn are genuine play-off contenders speaks volumes.

I don’t know why the standard in the Championship is so poor this season, but it certainly is. The gap in quality between the top flight and the second tier has never looked so wide.
    It's because the gap in wealth between the Premier League and the Championship is accelerating.

You'd think with the number of players that are discarded by PL clubs and loaned out it would get better year on year.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's because of the gap in wealth.
    Is that gap any bigger this year than it was last year, or in the previous few years?

Thanks Mr Factory.
    I agree with your assessment now and would’ve agreed at the start of the season.

What I was more getting at is this sweeping comment on all 24 teams in a league for a whole season and assessing it as bad, poor (we never seem to see excellent, brilliant). I probably have missed it somewhere where Mr Bee or Mr Gunman or another stats savvy contributor has defined what a bad Championship is? My only thought is this season the championship has been crap except for 2 occasions when it’s been good.
    Corrected for you

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Corrected for you
    Think you work to higher standards than me!

I’m interested in TLG’s statement that it’s the standard of the football. Are those teams mentioned shanking every goal? Are their passes lucky? Are the teams above us (apart from Burnley obviously) just randomly there?

I thought Middlesbrough looked good the other day when they beat us but a shambles when we beat them. Maybe in defining a Championship as bad you’re talking about consistency?

Btw nothing wrong with opinions.

Thanks Mr Factory.

What I was more getting at is this sweeping comment on all 24 teams in a league for a whole season and assessing it as bad, poor (we never seem to see excellent, brilliant). I probably have missed it somewhere where Mr Bee or Mr Gunman or another stats savvy contributor has defined what a bad Championship is? My only thought is this season the championship has been crap except for 9 occasions when it’s been good.
    It has one dominant side , who have spent loads of money and a small bunch of others competing at the top

Then everyone else

I thought Middlesbrough looked good the other day when they beat us but a shambles when we beat them. Maybe in defining a Championship as bad you’re talking about consistency?
    Boro did look good - Carrick appears to be doing an extraordinary job there. He’s turned a side that we’re struggling badly into a team that is playing some really decent football. I thought for the most part they were the best side we’ve seen down here this season.

I’m not just talking about City games, though. I watch quite a bit of Championship football on Sky and the standard this season is often wretched. It’s unusual - there are usually a few reasonably strong teams and a few who play good football but have weaknesses (usually in defence). But this season almost all the sides are just dire.

You were warned.

Idiots.
    You are talking to yourself

It's the definition of a feckwit

Think you work to higher standards than me!

I’m interested in TLG’s statement that it’s the standard of the football. Are those teams mentioned shanking every goal? Are their passes lucky? Are the teams above us (apart from Burnley obviously) just randomly there?

It's consistency

In general , burnley are out in front because they have spent big

That has meant that over the season they are consistent

The bottom half clubs are inconsistent because they don't have the quality and over the season it shows

Until the last 2 results we have had a poorer quality squad combined with poor management

Only one way that's going

You were warned.

Idiots.
    Your correct.
    I sussed him out and posted evidence but funny enough he's blanked it

Boro did look good - Carrick appears to be doing an extraordinary job there. He’s turned a side that we’re struggling badly into a team that is playing some really decent football. I thought for the most part they were the best side we’ve seen down here this season.

I’m not just talking about City games, though. I watch quite a bit of Championship football on Sky and the standard this season is often wretched. It’s unusual - there are usually a few reasonably strong teams and a few who play good football but have weaknesses (usually in defence). But this season almost all the sides are just dire.
    I thought he did ok as caretaker at Man Utd..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Your correct.
    People never learn

Maybe 20 or so Championship clubs have realized putting together a half-decent, reasonably expensive squad just isn't worth the effort considering the spending power of the clubs coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Your correct.
    It was a case of not reading it rather than blanking it stan

I couldn't be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe 20 or so Championship clubs have realized putting together a half-decent, reasonably expensive squad just isn't worth the effort considering the spending power of the clubs coming down.
    The clubs who came down last year were Burnley (1st), Watford (8th) and Norwich (9th).

I think the fact that so many Championship clubs make so many managerial changes is a significant factor.

You like everyone else was convinced we were done
    Speak for yourself

International

The clubs who came down last year were Burnley (1st), Watford (8th) and Norwich (9th).

I think the fact that so many Championship clubs make so many managerial changes is a significant factor.
    Interesting that the clubs coming down with superior funding are below other clubs in a league of such a low standard?

Could it be that it's not a poor standard just that it's quite even, and teams can cancel each other out, bar the top three?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Speak for yourself
    Everyone was of the opinion we were right up the creek

Now I think those who were looking on the bright side were either Potty or knew something we didn't but before the Birmingham game ......and most of the way through it ......and until after that late winner against reading ......we were burnt beyond recognition

If people want to claim they felt otherwise then they can have the cookie but it doesn't fool me