+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mobile Phone Hell

My Mobile Phone Hell

Hate them

Just need one for talk and text for when I am out fishing or football or horribly injured in a car crash and need an ambulance

Dreadful annoying things

Have had a Samsung galaxy A10 for 3 years been told its crap and slow but I don't care , hardly use it

Signed up to tesco pay as you go lite scheme for the mentally challenged

Just put 20 quid in that should last me till Xmas

Why do people take phones out of their pockets or handbag on a night out or when they go for some food with friends and spend half their time pissing about on them ?

Cabbage brained idiots

Re: My Mobile Phone Hell

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Why do people take phones out of their pockets or handbag on a night out or when they go for some food with friends and spend half their time pissing about on them ?

Cabbage brained idiots
    You may agree with what's portrayed in this video.

Dona thread on your tablet next.

Those are always thrillers as well.

Hate them

Just need one for talk and text for when I am out fishing or football or horribly injured in a car crash and need an ambulance

Dreadful annoying things

Have had a Samsung galaxy A10 for 3 years been told its crap and slow but I don't care , hardly use it

Signed up to tesco pay as you go lite scheme for the mentally challenged

Just put 20 quid in that should last me till Xmas

Cabbage brained idiots
    They're on their phones the whole time because they're *****, constantly looking for attention, just like you, you blockhead. Now ****off and go and buy yourself a nice little nokia brick, reconditioned in Poland

I think they are going to catch on tho

I’m tempted to buy an old phone at my next upgrade (downgrade). Keep the one for apps and the other for day to day use
    I was much happier before a phone was welded to my hand

Society is much poorer for the mobile phone as we now know it.

It has become part of almost everything we do and most of those things it has made worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You may agree with what's portrayed in this video.

Aye bloody idiots

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Dona thread on your tablet next.

Those are always thrillers as well.
    Dona kebab

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They're on their phones the whole time because they're *****, constantly looking for attention, just like you, you blockhead. Now ****off and go and buy yourself a nice little nokia brick, reconditioned in Poland
    Shut it you plank

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m tempted to buy an old phone at my next upgrade (downgrade). Keep the one for apps and the other for day to day use
    The disadvantage with today's mobiles is the updates only last 3 years , especially security

If they did one that literally lasted forever I would buy one

Delete all your social media apps.

Put a screen time limit on.

Make a conscious effort to not look at it.

Don't use your phone in the morning when you first wake up, give it half hour, give yourself an hour before bed etc.

Apart from scrolling through here and the awful Google news feed I use my phone to glance at the gossip on BBC football and scroll through the sky sports app.

The majority of my screen time is WhatsApp, due to work needs and facetime with my daughter.

I can get to bedtime and not need to charge my phone.
    It's all an effort, but it's all down to you.

Pointless blaming technology for something you can control

Dona kebab
    You've eaten plenty you overweight oaf.

Delete all your social media apps.

Put a screen time limit on.

Make a conscious effort to not look at it.

Don't use your phone in the morning when you first wake up, give it half hour, give yourself an hour before bed etc.

Apart from scrolling through here and the awful Google news feed I use my phone to glance at the gossip on BBC football and scroll through the sky sports app.

The majority of my screen time is WhatsApp, due to work needs and facetime with my daughter.

I can get to bedtime and not need to charge my phone.
    It's all an effort, but it's all down to you.

Pointless blaming technology for something you can control
    I’ve zero impulsive control sadly haha but yes it’s in my control.

I’ve zero impulsive control sadly haha but yes it’s in my control.
    Yeah impulse is terrible.

They reckon alcohol has a part to play in that.. habitual drinkers become more impulsive or something along those lines...

Yeah impulse is terrible.

They reckon alcohol has a part to play in that.. habitual drinkers become more impulsive or something along those lines...
    Yeah, alcohol, gambling, caffeine, you name it I’m impulsive with it haha.

Yeah, alcohol, gambling, caffeine, you name it I’m impulsive with it haha.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmGgSaQlY0

Really interesting. I quit drinking 6 and a half years ago. First three years I had three promotions in three years. My brain cells have been regenerating ever since. I’m a completely different person from the drinker version of me.

Makes me think of what I could have achieved had I never picked up a drink. I wouldn’t be the person I am now though so put it down to experience.

Really interesting. I quit drinking 6 and a half years ago. First three years I had three promotions in three years. My brain cells have been regenerating ever since. I’m a completely different person from the drinker version of me.

Makes me think of what I could have achieved had I never picked up a drink. I wouldn’t be the person I am now though so put it down to experience.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much were you drinking in a week? Tell me to ****off if you like though, hope you're not offended by me asking

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you drinking in a week? Tell me to ****off if you like though, hope you're not offended by me asking
    Not at all mate. At my worst approx 10 pints of cider than either wine or spirits to finish me off, every day for about two years this was.

Not at all mate. At my worst approx 10 pints of cider than either wine or spirits to finish me off, every day for about two years this was.
    Wow! It must have been really hard to come off it. You have my respect

Well done mate, yeah it's amazing the rut you get into with drugs and alcohol, most people don't even realise as it just normalises.

I could get hammered on a Tuesday and nobody would know I'd been out the following day in work, and my job is physical so I cant just hide behind a desk all day, life's definitely better when you don't drink.

Do you feel like you are in the clear now or do you think sometimes you could drink again? Could you have a few pints and leave it at that or do you think if you started again you'd be back in the same rut?

I'm asking because I've stopped drinking myself

Well done mate, yeah it's amazing the rut you get into with drugs and alcohol, most people don't even realise as it just normalises.

I could get hammered on a Tuesday and nobody would know I'd been out the following day in work, and my job is physical so I cant just hide behind a desk all day, life's definitely better when you don't drink.

Do you feel like you are in the clear now or do you think sometimes you could drink again? Could you have a few pints and leave it at that or do you think if you started again you'd be back in the same rut?

I'm asking because I've stopped drinking myself
    I’m done with it mate, tried the “few pints” approach for about fifteen years and never mastered it haha. The thoughts of going back still come now and again but quickly fade nowadays. I know I’d lose everything if I went back. I volunteer for Recovery Cymru so too many people rely on me to stay sober. That accountability helps me massively.

Well done for quitting yourself mate

Were you working ?

You couldn't hold down a job drinking ten pints of cider 5 nights a week ?

How did you get up ?

You must have been permanently rat arsed

It was mate, thank you. Lucky I had expert help from a Doctors in Whitchurch that was the drug and alcohol expert for the area.