+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mobile Phone Hell

Re: My Mobile Phone Hell

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Were you working ?

You couldn't hold down a job drinking ten pints of cider 5 nights a week ?

How did you get up ?

You must have been permanently rat arsed
    Yep I was “functioning”, held down a job. Luckily I didn’t drive as I was pretty much permanently rat arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yep I was “functioning”, held down a job. Luckily I didn’t drive as I was pretty much permanently rat arsed.
    I have never been much of a drinker as I always hated the taste of alcohol , I think there were too many throwing up sessions at teenage parties

Always enjoyed a spliff

I am amazed people could get as much booze as that down them

Recovery Cymru were very helpful to a friend of mine who got dependent on co codomol from the chemist

I’m done with it mate, tried the “few pints” approach for about fifteen years and never mastered it haha. The thoughts of going back still come now and again but quickly fade nowadays. I know I’d lose everything if I went back. I volunteer for Recovery Cymru so too many people rely on me to stay sober. That accountability helps me massively.

Well done for quitting yourself mate
    Yeah, plenty of people said the same to me "just have a couple" "don't come out as often" "only come out on special occasions"

All or nothing for me..

Great commitment to volunteer as well, I've never done the group thing, I seem to cope better by myself. Got support in the right areas and it's enough. It's great you give back like that though.

I have never been much of a drinker as I always hated the taste of alcohol , I think there were too many throwing up sessions at teenage parties

Always enjoyed a spliff

I am amazed people could get as much booze as that down them

Recovery Cymru were very helpful to a friend of mine who got dependent on co codomol from the chemist
    Your body becomes used to it. At the height of my drinking I was an alcohol processing plant.

Great to hear mate, they are a fantastic organisation.

Apologies for hijacking your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah, plenty of people said the same to me "just have a couple" "don't come out as often" "only come out on special occasions"

All or nothing for me..

Great commitment to volunteer as well, I've never done the group thing, I seem to cope better by myself. Got support in the right areas and it's enough. It's great you give back like that though.
    A lot of big drinkers are incredibly boring . I used to hate getting stuck in the bar with one of those .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

All or nothing for me..

All or nothing sums it up perfectly. A nice pint with a meal, what’s the fcking point in that? Haha.

They do 1-1 support too. All I do is facilitate some weekend groups (remotely). More face to face services are starting to open up again thankfully.

All or nothing sums it up perfectly. A nice pint with a meal, what’s the fcking point in that? Haha.

They do 1-1 support too. All I do is facilitate some weekend groups (remotely). More face to face services are starting to open up again thankfully.
    I never understood the "one after work"

One is 8 is 10.

There's a lot of help out there in fairness, I've got a good routine now which takes up my time, plus I've got absolutely zero appetite for alcohol. I was social to rather than dependent, either way I'm glad I don't drink anymore.

Your body becomes used to it. At the height of my drinking I was an alcohol processing plant.

Great to hear mate, they are a fantastic organisation.

Apologies for hijacking your thread.
    No worries you carry on mate

It was going nowhere like most of them

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You may agree with what's portrayed in this video.

Quite sad that video, youngsters have a big disadvantage, they don't know the life we had before mobile phones, it's no wonder mental health has deteriorated so much, and it will continue to do so for sure.

International

Really interesting. I quit drinking 6 and a half years ago. First three years I had three promotions in three years. My brain cells have been regenerating ever since. I’m a completely different person from the drinker version of me.

Makes me think of what I could have achieved had I never picked up a drink. I wouldn’t be the person I am now though so put it down to experience.
    Well done, I'm sure that couldn't have been easy, respect

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You may agree with what's portrayed in this video.

Quite a powerful video this. IMO, social media and phone are a significant contributory factor to mental health problems that many have. Indirectly more so than directly.

"Friends" who say to a recovering alcoholic... "Go on, just have one drink, that's not going to hurt you".
    They really have no idea. Giving up alcohol completely is like having an itch and not being able to scratch (at least in the early stages).
    You'll always be one drink away from a relapse.

I appreciate this thread was originally about the perils of mobile phone use.
    So, sorry for deviating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "Friends" who say to a recovering alcoholic... "Go on, just have one drink, that's not going to hurt you".
    They really have no idea. Giving up alcohol completely is like having an itch and not being able to scratch (at least in the early stages).
    You'll always be one drink away from a relapse.

I appreciate this thread was originally about the perils of mobile phone use.
    So, sorry for deviating.
    I think when threads deviate for little spats etc it's uncalled for, but when people start to talk through problems it can only be a good thing.

My mates don't even ask anymore,I walk into the pub order an iced water and talk to them like I used to when I was on the piss. Apart from the odd comment like "you must be bored" I don't really hear anything.

I know your reply wasn't specific to me but hey ho!!

The disadvantage with today's mobiles is the updates only last 3 years , especially security

If they did one that literally lasted forever I would buy one
    If you want a phone that will get security updates further into the future than most then take a look at a Google pixel.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    If you want a phone that will get security updates further into the future than most then take a look at a Google pixel.
    Will do

Buying a new phone every 3 years is daft when I hardly use the bloody things

Will do

Buying a new phone every 3 years is daft when I hardly use the bloody things
    id watch google they said the same with chromebooks and its reducing in years to replace all the time ,just a thought if you are buying

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    id watch google they said the same with chromebooks and its reducing in years to replace all the time ,just a thought if you are buying
    The basic Google pixel is 300 quid

That's a lot of money for something I hardly use