+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Holiday Thread

Re: Summer Holiday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hot tub sounds ok but I draw the line at sharing it with a dog!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I envy you, having it almost on your doorstep.

Funnily enough, I recently happened to come across images of Tenby on the Internet, truly beautiful place!

I haven't been there for about 25 years, I would imagine it's hardly changed much?

Would love to visit there again in the not too distant future.
    Tenby is great for a philistine like me

Beach and nice walks nearby but also plenty of chippys , kebab and curry houses

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Tenby is great for a philistine like me

Beach and nice walks nearby but also plenty of chippys , kebab and curry houses
    Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour yet?

Fall to thy knees to repent while you can for your moral turpitude at Castell Coch's car park and elsewhere when you fornicated with scrubbers galore.

The dark back lanes and bushes and knocking shops where you sinned were not private affairs: He witnessed it all.

Booked a week in Portal Nous, Majorca.

Booked flights and hotel myself. The price on package holiday with the likes of TUI for a family of 4 absolutely crazy money in school holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What happened to a backpack and off you go?

"Daily luggage transfers" sounds so middle class :D
    I think old(er) age happened.

There is still a backpack - but a suitcase transferred by local taxi as well. When we started doing this type of long national trail walk years ago most people carried all their stuff in a pack. But in recent years I would say that 80%+ use luggage transfers for cases and just carry the day pack.

Changing times! All pre-booked and the transfers account for about 10-15% of the cost with the rest mostly on accommodation.

Away in the caravan in Dolgellau at the moment.
    A long weekend in the caravan near Bromyard at Easter (daughter lives there, so combining it with a visit to her).
    Another long weekend, this time near Malvern, for the walking festival in June.
    Nothing else booked, but more nights away in the caravan over the summer then my wife is talking about a Greek island in October.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think old(er) age happened.

There is still a backpack - but a suitcase transferred by local taxi as well. When we started doing this type of long national trail walk years ago most people carried all their stuff in a pack. But in recent years I would say that 80%+ use luggage transfers for cases and just carry the day pack.

Changing times! All pre-booked and the transfers account for about 10-15% of the cost with the rest mostly on accommodation.
    I was pulling your leg, I'd do exactly the same!

Walking is something I've always said I'd do but NEVER get around to..

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Away in the caravan in Dolgellau at the moment.
    A long weekend in the caravan near Bromyard at Easter (daughter lives there, so combining it with a visit to her).
    Another long weekend, this time near Malvern, for the walking festival in June.
    Nothing else booked, but more nights away in the caravan over the summer then my wife is talking about a Greek island in October.
    Spent time in that area (Harlech), lovely stunning place, the whole area is absolutely beautiful. Loved Dolgellau, however Barmouth had me on my toes on Saturday nights, even for a harden Cardiff boy!

About 12 days in France in the summer including a couple of days at this place.

https://www.puydufou.com/france/en

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fossil hunting in Lyme Regis? Dirty bugger.
    Pop over to Charmouth..more fossils there

Quite fancy Sri Lanka this year, good exchange rate still, beautiful place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    About 12 days in France in the summer including a couple of days at this place.

https://www.puydufou.com/france/en
    I worked a summer season on a campsite on the Vendee in 2007 and the customers who visited Puy du Fou thought it was great. Long time ago mind.

I'm of to Extremadura in Spain for a week in April (walking and birdwatching) followed by 5 nights in Hondarribia in the Basque country (eating and drinking).

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I worked a summer season on a campsite on the Vendee in 2007 and the customers who visited Puy du Fou thought it was great. Long time ago mind.

I'm of to Extremadura in Spain for a week in April (walking and birdwatching) followed by 5 nights in Hondarribia in the Basque country (eating and drinking).
    We've went to Puy du Fou a few years ago. It's a fairly unique place and fantastic day out.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Spent time in that area (Harlech), lovely stunning place, the whole area is absolutely beautiful. Loved Dolgellau, however Barmouth had me on my toes on Saturday nights, even for a harden Cardiff boy!
    Took a works van down the steep hill in Harlech. Was night time and the lad driving had absolutely zero confidence, was a great laugh as he tried to get all the way down from top to bottom, parked cars making it really hard for him...

First Team

Giving it a miss this year as planning to redecorate the house and sort out the garden,all of which are going to take time and money.

Mr exciting, me!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Giving it a miss this year as planning to redecorate the house and sort out the garden,all of which are going to take time and money.

Mr exciting, me!
    If the summer is good I stay local

In my house

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour yet?

Fall to thy knees to repent while you can for your moral turpitude at Castell Coch's car park and elsewhere when you fornicated with scrubbers galore.

The dark back lanes and bushes and knocking shops where you sinned were not private affairs: He witnessed it all.

You have got a mind like Swansea kingsway

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hot tub sounds ok but I draw the line at sharing it with a dog!!!!
    Quite right too! With some of the guests that stay there I’d rule nothing out though

For my wife’s 50th and a sort of belated honeymoon (we married during lockdown two years ago after 25 years of courtship lol) we are off to Bali and Singapore in five weeks time. Really looking forward to it. We won’t have many holidays like this in our lifetimes so we are going to make the most of it. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Quite fancy Sri Lanka this year, good exchange rate still, beautiful place.
    Has it settled down again after the trouble a year or 2 ago?
    We went the year before the tsunami hit. It's a wonderful place and Sigirya rock fortress is worth the trip if thats all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    For my wife’s 50th and a sort of belated honeymoon (we married during lockdown two years ago after 25 years of courtship lol) we are off to Bali and Singapore in five weeks time. Really looking forward to it. We won’t have many holidays like this in our lifetimes so we are going to make the most of it. Can’t wait.
    You should have refused to marry her

Are you taking your reading top ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That's nice.
    Did my honeymoon in a tent with 2 children aged 13 months and a 3 years old, no stag do either! We did an interail last year for her 50th and combined "proper" honeymoon, kids still in tow at 13 and 16 now but it was a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That's nice.
    Did my honeymoon in a tent with 2 children aged 13 months and a 3 years old, no stag do either! We did an interail last year for her 50th and combined "proper" honeymoon, kids still in tow at 13 and 16 now but it was a great experience.
    Stag nights are dreadful

I am of the age that they are very rare now

But I hated them back in the day

Stag nights are dreadful

I am of the age that they are very rare now

But I hated them back in the day
    Cobblers. Bring back proper stags!

These days they are held a fortnight before in somewhere like Prague where the only drinks consumed are poncy cocktails, and few of them are necked because they are more interested in fiddling with their mobiles than getting bladdered.

Mine was on the eve of the nuptial, as was tradition. I awoke at half six in the morning sat on a bench at Newport train station starkers but for wearing a stupid hat the like of Mexican Pancho Villa may have worn.

You should have refused to marry her

Are you taking your reading top ?
    On current form I will give the mighty Reading FC top a swerve.