+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Holiday Thread

Re: Summer Holiday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Cobblers. Bring back proper stags!

These days they are held a fortnight before in somewhere like Prague where the only drinks consumed are poncy cocktails, and few of them are necked because they are more interested in fiddling with their mobiles than getting bladdered.

Mine was on the eve of the nuptial, as was tradition. I awoke at half six in the morning sat on a bench at Newport train station starkers but for wearing a stupid hat the like of Mexican Pancho Villa may have worn.
    Getting leathered the night before was always popular in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That's nice.
    Did my honeymoon in a tent with 2 children aged 13 months and a 3 years old, no stag do either! We did an interail last year for her 50th and combined "proper" honeymoon, kids still in tow at 13 and 16 now but it was a great experience.
    I had two stag nights two years ago in the back garden in a large scouts tent with lighting, music and booze. It was at the time of rule of 6. The one on the Friday night was brilliant. The one on the Saturday night was cut short at midnight by the PoPo visiting. One of the neighbours had complained that we were breaching covid regs. The PoPo said we were fine but asked us to tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Has it settled down again after the trouble a year or 2 ago?
    We went the year before the tsunami hit. It's a wonderful place and Sigirya rock fortress is worth the trip if thats all you do.
    I stayed in southwest Sri Lanka, Bentota, just months before the tsunami struck. I visited the city of Galle in late July 2004 for a day trip - on December 24th, thousands were killed in that city by the huge tidal wave.

I remember having my photo taken with two school girls, who, despite the poverty, were dressed absolutely immaculately in their pristine school uniforms. I often wonder about them and just pray that they are okay. Hopefully, they are safe and well, perhaps with children of their own now.

June, 3 week Driving loop before we return home
    Poland, Germany, Czech, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Hungary, back to Poland.

August 2 week’s Thailand. Swim, eat, drink, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Cobblers. Bring back proper stags!

These days they are held a fortnight before in somewhere like Prague where the only drinks consumed are poncy cocktails, and few of them are necked because they are more interested in fiddling with their mobiles than getting bladdered.

Mine was on the eve of the nuptial, as was tradition. I awoke at half six in the morning sat on a bench at Newport train station starkers but for wearing a stupid hat the like of Mexican Pancho Villa may have worn.
    You slept? Ponce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Has it settled down again after the trouble a year or 2 ago?
    We went the year before the tsunami hit. It's a wonderful place and Sigirya rock fortress is worth the trip if thats all you do.
    Some friends of mine went recently said it was amazing. Quite quiet, cheap because general tourists haven’t come back en mass yet, plenty of choice for accom and eating. Might go Christmas or Easter not sure yet. Def going to Ella.
    Btw I was sitting on a beach in India Boxing Day 2004 when that tsunami hit, fortunately it wasn’t so severe where I was in Gokarna but weird watching the sea go in and out half a mile a few times…..new something bad had happened

Stayed in Lucca for a few week some time back, lovely place and area.
    Love Menorca, beautiful place, especially September (still be hot but not as busy), sister-in-law lives there, visit often.

Mallorca 10 days mid-july. 300 euro for 4, house swap no accommodation fees. Staying in Binissalem (wine region)

Teixeira (Seia) Portugal. A week, family holiday/reunion. Not paying accommodation either, just flight and car hire (which is proving extremely expensive lol).
    We mainly stay in Es Grau, Menorca. Idyllic location. Right on the Cami de Cavalls and Albufera. I've now walked the whole of the Cami. Some sections several times over. Always up for a repeat walk of the best sections. Stunning, largely empty beaches in September, warm seas, blue skies....but you know that! The idea now is to take a ferry from either Cuitadella or Mahon across to Mallorca. A week on each island.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We mainly stay in Es Grau, Menorca. Idyllic location. Right on the Cami de Cavalls and Albufera. I've now walked the whole of the Cami. Some sections several times over. Always up for a repeat walk of the best sections. Stunning, largely empty beaches in September, warm seas, blue skies....but you know that! The idea now is to take a ferry from either Cuitadella or Mahon across to Mallorca. A week on each island.
    Whats mahon like? Was looking at that the other week for a break on my tod.
    Not arsed about pubs, just somewhere decent to chill and get out and about and explore..oh and some decent grub. Always done Majorca so fancy a change

Off to France in August on my motorbike, first time abroad on it, going to visit the Normandy beaches. Then in November, off to South Africa taking in Kruger National Park and then down to Cape Town. Might do the shark trip in a cage and also visit Robben Island.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Whats mahon like? Was looking at that the other week for a break on my tod.
    Not arsed about pubs, just somewhere decent to chill and get out and about and explore..oh and some decent grub. Always done Majorca so fancy a change
    Mahon is OK for a few nights. Fish market is good for tapas type food and beers/wines. Buses are reliable and take you all over the island June 15th to September 15th. Otherwise, outside the main tourist season you can get to the main towns easily. That said, apart from Cuitadella there isn't much in the other towns. There's harbour tours in glass-bottomed boats, trips to see the forts. Generally, Mahon is a chilled kind of place. Palma has much more to see and do.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mahon is OK for a few nights. Fish market is good for tapas type food and beers/wines. Buses are reliable and take you all over the island June 15th to September 15th. Otherwise, outside the main tourist season you can get to the main towns easily. That said, apart from Cuitadella there isn't much in the other towns. There's harbour tours in glass-bottomed boats, trips to see the forts. Generally, Mahon is a chilled kind of place. Palma has much more to see and do.
    Her sister used to be in Mahon but now just outside in Es Castell. I like Mahon, and as you say buses take you to different beaches. I've done 10 days with little kids without the need to hire a car based in Mahon. Luxury to come home, shower, and just sit staring into space with wine and good food without the maddening crowds.

With a car, the entire island is a piece of piss.

My last trip abroad was Menorca

Mahon is nice

Can't stand places like Majorca , Benidorm , Tenerife etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My last trip abroad was Menorca

Mahon is nice

Can't stand places like Majorca , Benidorm , Tenerife etc
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Why?
    The tourist booze places

The tourist booze places
    You can’t have been then. Benidorm is what you want it to be, raucous in parts of the new town, quieter in other parts. The old town is charming, lovely beaches, quaint cobbled streets. There’s some smashing boat trips, taking you to small towns and villages around the coast, very, would you believe it, Spanish. Wonderful Palm Sunday parade last year, a brilliant spectacle on the Sunday morning regardless of your religious beliefs or non beliefs.

Tenerife has a variety of different resorts. You can make your holiday what you want. Had a great trip up to and through the mountains recently, breathtaking scenery, hidden mountain villages stuck in time.

You shouldn’t stereotype places, go to these places, the diversity is evident if you care to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You can’t have been then. Benidorm is what you want it to be, raucous in parts of the new town, quieter in other parts. The old town is charming, lovely beaches, quaint cobbled streets. There’s some smashing boat trips, taking you to small towns and villages around the coast, very, would you believe it, Spanish. Wonderful Palm Sunday parade last year, a brilliant spectacle on the Sunday morning regardless of your religious beliefs or non beliefs.

Tenerife has a variety of different resorts. You can make your holiday what you want. Had a great trip up to and through the mountains recently, breathtaking scenery, hidden mountain villages stuck in time.

You shouldn’t stereotype places, go to these places, the diversity is evident if you care to explore.
    The touristy booze places in benidorm , tenerife and majorca were the places I went to , mostly on lads tours

Don't like being around drunk people

This summer , when I go to Tenby I will enjoy being around the town during the day but come the evening will be out of the way

The touristy booze places in benidorm , tenerife and majorca were the places I went to , mostly on lads tours

Don't like being around drunk people

This summer , when I go to Tenby I will enjoy being around the town during the day but come the evening will be out of the way
    I’ve been to Tenby and witnessed some sights mind. Plenty of pissed up stag and henlike things going on there as well from early on in the day. As I said, holidays, wherever they be, are what you make of them. You haven’t got to sit in a pub all day, there’s usually loads of different things to do in most holiday resorts, that’s why they’re so popular with all walks of life.

Tenby

3 nights , hotel

June

Coach from Bridgend

180 quid

Have it
    Week in Bulgaria with the kiddies. All they want to do is mess about in the pool so could be anywhere

Her sister used to be in Mahon but now just outside in Es Castell. I like Mahon, and as you say buses take you to different beaches. I've done 10 days with little kids without the need to hire a car based in Mahon. Luxury to come home, shower, and just sit staring into space with wine and good food without the maddening crowds.

With a car, the entire island is a piece of piss.
    ....not forgetting the local gin for a sundowner. A useful hark back to the days of British occupation.