+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Travesty Of Justice

A Travesty Of Justice

https://inews.co.uk/news/shamima-beg...appeal-2165334

The Special Immigration Appeals Commission dismissed Ms Begum’s appeal on all grounds, finding that there had been no fault in the Home Office’s decision to strip her of citizenship.

After the BBC woke lovely influencing documentary to bring the dear lass home ..

International

Re: A Travesty Of Justice

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

The Special Immigration Appeals Commission dismissed Ms Begum’s appeal on all grounds, finding that there had been no fault in the Home Office’s decision to strip her of citizenship.

After the BBC woke lovely influencing documentary to bring the dear lass home ..

Cue the lefty wokes!

Begin the Begum

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Begin the Begum
    The advert at the bottom of this thread was

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/...=Consideration

Who would pay £98,500 for a used 2017 watch?

You can't even read a text on it, have a phone conversation pay for your stuff at the shop pub?

I'd bring her back and parade her through the streets in the same way Clarkson suggest for Megan

I'm three and a half hours into the associated podcast (entitled "I'm Not A Monster" and the second series thereof) and can't recall the journalist concerned being sympathetic to her cause whatsoever. In fact, he did a lot of digging into her story and found inconsistencies as well as doubting some things she has related. Does he end up turning turtle at the end of the TV version or is someone talking bollocks?

By the way, the first series of "I'm Not A Monster" covers an American woman who also joined ISIS - and the very same journalist reveals how manipulative, artful and dishonest she was.

I'd bring her back and parade her through the streets in the same way Clarkson suggest for Megan
    Yes, but in fairness you’re a deeply disturbed individual who can’t string a coherent sentence together, so yours may not be the wisest of opinions to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Cue the lefty wokes!
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...trafficking-uk

I'd swap her for you, every day of the week and twice on a sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Cue the lefty wokes!
    This Board's Non-Clique Contributors Likes and Dislikes

Third rate wind up threads

Dislikes

Lefty Wokes

Did anyone else notice in today’s news coverage that Ms Begum had dispensed with the traditional hijab which she’d always worn in previous interviews and was wearing a baseball cap t-shirt and jeans.
    Was this a vain attempt to convince the British people that she wasn’t radicalised and indeed still had “Western” fashion sense?
    At least the judge didn’t see through her

Question is though who exactly is paying her legal teams bill??

Us???

You're trying way too hard to look like a massive twaat.

You don't really need to.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    A victim of child grooming yet a matter of months later she would be able to vote in Scotland or Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    A victim of child grooming yet a matter of months later she would be able to vote in Scotland or Wales.
    was she a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    was she a child?
    She left the UK for Syria (with two school friends) when she was 15 - after being groomed online. She was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    She left the UK for Syria (with two school friends) when she was 15 - after being groomed online. She was a child.
    And, had she been Welsh, she'd have been able to vote a few months later.

And, had she been Welsh, she'd have been able to vote a few months later.
    Well yes. As long as you consider time a linear concept, as presumably everyone else does, then yes. That is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Well yes. As long as you consider time a linear concept, as presumably everyone else does, then yes. That is how it works.
    Good. We're all on the same page.

Good. We're all on the same page.
    I presume therefore that you don't think 16 year olds should have the vote, ergo neither should 15 year olds?

I presume (again) that's because you don't think they're mature enough for such a responsibility?

I can't say I know the ins and ours of the law here, as it does seem curious that we can wash our hands of her - I rather like the idea of trying her here and finding out who influenced her. It is clear however that she would Garner sympathy from some - there was a human rights lawyer on five Live earlier who made her sound a bit like Nelson Mandela.

She was very young but that doesn't devolve you of any responsibility and she was older than many of the victims of Islamic State and their sick followers. As such, I won't lose any sleep over it. She appealed, she lost. Let that be a lesson to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I presume therefore that you don't think 16 year olds should have the vote, ergo neither should 15 year olds?

I presume (again) that's because you don't think they're mature enough for such a responsibility?
    I think that someone doesn't move from a position of not appreciating that it is wrong to join a group which tortures and murders people, including her fellow countrymen, at one moment and several months later can be trusted to decide the fate of their country.

I think that someone doesn't move from a position of not appreciating that it is wrong to join a group which tortures and murders people, including her fellow countrymen, at one moment and several months later can be trusted to decide the fate of their country.
    Perhaps every prospective voter should undergo psychometric testing before entering the polling station

Voter ID and a letter from your shrink stating that you're mature/competent/sane enough to cast your ballot.

Not from right rag : love the hurtful comment from Labour of "deeply disappointed”

guilty of perverting the course of justice, a charge which usually results in a custodial sentence.

The verdict has ruined the 35-year-old’s career and left Jeremy Corbyn with a significant political problem, given the delicate balance of power in the House of Commons.

A Labour spokesman said the party was “deeply disappointed” in Onasanya’s behaviour and that she had been suspended from the party and should resign as an MP. She may also be struck off as a solicitor.

All up to it and arrogant

Not from right rag : love the hurtful comment from Labour of "deeply disappointed”

guilty of perverting the course of justice, a charge which usually results in a custodial sentence.

The verdict has ruined the 35-year-old’s career and left Jeremy Corbyn with a significant political problem, given the delicate balance of power in the House of Commons.

A Labour spokesman said the party was “deeply disappointed” in Onasanya’s behaviour and that she had been suspended from the party and should resign as an MP. She may also be struck off as a solicitor.

All up to it and arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Perhaps every prospective voter should undergo psychometric testing before entering the polling station

Voter ID and a letter from your shrink stating that you're mature/competent/sane enough to cast your ballot.
    Or just wait until you're of an age where you can make those sort of decisions.