+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to this forum ?

Whatever happened to this forum ?

I mean if we can't have a laugh at a washed up ex footballer who has been dumped by his employers on the radio because he's always late or pissed or both .....then we may as well become nuns

Dear me

Re: Whatever happened to this forum ?

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I mean if we can't have a laugh at a washed up ex footballer who has been dumped by his employers on the radio because he's always late or pissed or both .....then we may as well become nuns

Dear me
    I’m sorry to hear this Sludge. I sure you’ll find another job soon.

What?

Your old road is rapidly agin’

Please get out of the new one if you can’t lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin’

14 year old unfunny Youtube videos and a bare faced lie about a man losing his job are just what this forum needs eh. Bring back the halyhcon days of CCMB.

Welcome to the new woke policed world.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ignore all miserable wokes!

“You found it offensive? I found it funny. That's why I'm happier than you.” -
    @rickygervais

Yeah, you can't be sexist or racist anymore or even make fun of people with disabilities. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ignore all miserable wokes!

“You found it offensive? I found it funny. That's why I'm happier than you.” -
    @rickygervais
    Ricky Gervais has nothing new to be funny about anymore so has just doubled down on the tired old jokes and become a nasty little man. "Oh I'm allowed to make fun of disabled people because I'm not actually making fun of them but making fun of people who make fun of them" or "I'm allowed to make fun of anyone because I'm a 'comedian'" - yeah right Ricky.

As Stewart Lee said (who is a million times funnier and smarter than Gervais) "Afterlife was a nine hour sad wank"

Don't get me wrong, Gervais has done some excellent stuff, but now I find him unfunny and tedious.

Ricky Gervais notwithstanding, it should be clear to anyone who's posted on here for more than, say, a decade that this forum has become a nastier, less civilised and more intolerant place and I say that as someone who has, from time to time, contributed towards the board's decline.

I know right!!! - fecking woke Tories and the right-wing - trying to ban human rights, protesting, strikes, investigations into their corruption, independent reports into their behaviour, criticism of government, talk of BREXIT etc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ricky Gervais notwithstanding, it should be clear to anyone who's posted on here for more than, say, a decade that this forum has become a nastier, less civilised and more intolerant place and I say that as someone who has, from time to time, contributed towards the board's decline.

You and I both TOBW.

Discussions used to be a bit more respectful and funnier.

Definitely something changed in the national psyche around the BREXIT vote.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    You and I both TOBW.

I wouldn't say it was all down to the referendum in that a similar divide has opened up in the US, for example, around Trump. I think the ubiquity of social media and people being able to choose news outlets which feed their particular world view have been massive influences on the divisions which have emerged. Once you've arrived a view on any issue you will find an enormous amount of info to confirm your belief and you can choose not to see any which might question your view. Previously, you had pretty much consistent output across TV and radio, although the choice in printed media was more varied.

International

You and I both TOBW.

Too right, some people are so angry, like this bloke.

I know right!!! - fecking woke Tories and the right-wing - trying to ban human rights, protesting, strikes, investigations into their corruption, independent reports into their behavior, criticism of the government, talk of BREXIT, etc

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I wouldn't say it was all down to the referendum in that a similar divide has opened up in the US, for example, around Trump. I think the ubiquity of social media and people being able to choose news outlets which feed their particular world view have been massive influences on the divisions which have emerged. Once you've arrived a view on any issue you will find an enormous amount of info to confirm your belief and you can choose not to see any which might question your view. Previously, you had pretty much consistent output across TV and radio, although the choice in printed media was more varied.
    Correct, even if people chose to have a covid jab, there were people who got so wound up, they wanted them to die, and attitudes have gone ridiculously out of proportion.

International

Ricky Gervais has nothing new to be funny about anymore so has just doubled down on the tired old jokes and become a nasty little man. "Oh I'm allowed to make fun of disabled people because I'm not actually making fun of them but making fun of people who make fun of them" or "I'm allowed to make fun of anyone because I'm a 'comedian'" - yeah right Ricky.

As Stewart Lee said (who is a million times funnier and smarter than Gervais) "Afterlife was a nine hour sad wank"

Don't get me wrong, Gervais has done some excellent stuff, but now I find him unfunny and tedious.
    Ricky Gervais is very funny, I think his last show took things too far, but he has been one of the best comedy actors of recent times, I also agree he is just about at the end of his career. Never heard of that other bloke?

Ricky Gervais is very funny, I think his last show took things too far, but he has been one of the best comedy actors of recent times, I also agree he is just about at the end of his career. Never heard of that other bloke?
    Lee is an alternative comic like Ricky Gervais

Lee is apparently politically correct

Both very funny at times

The inevitable descent of left v right on here is incredibly tedious, particularly when threads have nothing to do with party politics.
    It's also tiresome that one particular poster, a serial wind-up merchant and deliberate misquoter of other contributors, continues to create endless identities for himself.
    The descent into personal insults
    is also pretty depressing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Lee is an alternative comic like Ricky Gervais

Lee is apparently politically correct

Both very funny at times
    Jesus, that's 6 minutes 18 seconds I'll never get back, the Emperor's new clothes spring to mind, no laughs but I smiled once in the last 10 seconds the rest is utter ****, oh sorry this is a be a nice thread, not very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=fCV-M_TsoQM

Jesus, that's 6 minutes 18 seconds I'll never get back, the Emperor's new clothes spring to mind, no laughs but I smiled once in the last 10 seconds the rest is utter ****, oh sorry this is a be a nice thread, not very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=fCV-M_TsoQM
    I got fed up after about 2 minutes

Never heard of the bloke and never want to on that performance

Jesus, that's 6 minutes 18 seconds I'll never get back….
    I hate to have to break this to you, but you’re never going to get any of your life back.

As for Stewart Lee being the emperor’s new clothes, the fact is he’s been on the comedy circuit since 1989. Brilliant performer with a big fanbase despite his limited publicity. Very clever comedian. Recently sold out two nights at St David’s Hall.

I appreciate he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, though. He won’t appeal to Tories or anyone who believes cutting and pasting LoM’s inane ramblings is a valuable use of their time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I hate to have to break this to you, but you’re never going to get any of your life back.

As for Stewart Lee being the emperor’s new clothes, the fact is he’s been on the comedy circuit since 1989. Brilliant performer with a big fanbase despite his limited publicity. Very clever comedian. Recently sold out two nights at St David’s Hall.

I appreciate he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, though. He won’t appeal to Tories or anyone who believes cutting and pasting LoM’s inane ramblings is a valuable use of their time.
    Wow filled St Davids Hall, how impressive I bet you could hear them laughing all the way down to the Hayes Island snack bar, fair play saying for example for 6 minutes, it is so funny!

Wow filled St Davids Hall, how impressive I bet you could hear them laughing all the way down to the Hayes Island snack bar, fair play saying for example for 6 minutes, it is so funny!
    I went to the second night. It was excellent. It’s all about context. Lee’s shows often last for more than two hours and much of the material is linked. It’s not a show full of one-liners. Therefore, brief clips don’t really tell the story.

Still, each to their own. I also like Ricky Gervais, although his latest show wasn’t a patch on Lee’s.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I went to the second night. It was excellent. It’s all about context. Lee’s shows often last for more than two hours and much of the material is linked. It’s not a show full of one-liners. Therefore, brief clips don’t really tell the story.

Still, each to their own. I also like Ricky Gervais, although his latest show wasn’t a patch on Lee’s.
    I'm a big fan of Stewart Lee too. A very funny and clever bloke IMO. No doubt he will grate on the Righty Headbangers.