+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Notts County falter at last...

Re: Notts County falter at last...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    To answer the question in the very first post of this thread… there aren’t transfers windows in non league anymore, haven’t been for a good few years now.
    Thank you for explaining that, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    To answer the question in the very first post of this thread… there aren’t transfers windows in non league anymore, haven’t been for a good few years now.
    Thank you for explaining that, Cal

Here, where I live, in the Basque Country, they have Athletic, Real Sociedad, Osasuna in the top league. In the second division they have Eibar and Alaves.

Although the Spanish setup is probably not as competitive as the English system, it'd be a positive for Welsh football to have Wrexham, County, City and the Jacks doing well. The national team would benefit as more youngsters would see football as a viable career path.

I suppose it just matters whether or not the state of Welsh sport and opportunities for youngsters is particularly important to you or not.

As a quirk of fate, I was brought up to value these types of things and as such I'd like to see Wrexham doing well.

It strikes me as more of a stretch to feel sorry for Nottingham County.

I say this as someone who has received uncool aggro from Wrexham fans when they found out I was a City fan. I don't care though. Still hope they do well. I'm not petty.

[QUOTE=Cowbridge Blue;5396811]Like Wrexham, they've kept on winning until this afternoon's 1 - 2 home defeat to Dagenham.

So Wrexham, (beat Dorking 3 - 1 at home), are 2 points behind County with 2 games in hand. First of those games in hand is Tuesday night at home to Chesterfield who are currently 5th but haven't won any of their last 5 (3 draws). Wrexham also have Notts County to play at home in April. County's slip should put a spring in Wrexham's step for the run-in

Meanwhile Wrexham have added to their squad by signing winger Ryan Barnett, 23, from Solihull for an undisclosed fee (how can they do that?) https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64763440[/QUOTE

Good to see Wrexham back on top of the table. I for one, hope they stay there. Always good to see 4 Welsh teams in the English Football League. Pity we didn't have the kind of Hollywood owners that Wrexham have got. Its nailed on though, if we did, it would be Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby, not the two enlightened guys in charge up there in North Wales