+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second, Third, and fourth(?) teams

Second, Third, and fourth(?) teams

Within the height of other championship and prem teams' scores being discussed on here, whos your second, and third (and maybe fourth) team?

For me it's City through and through

2nd team is PSV (I went to Eindhoven during their win in 14/15 I think it was during a uni exchange, came off the plane, got a taxi to the city centre and thier celebration bus was there )

3rd team is probably Hereford, I live near the border and have always had a soft spot for them

4th, is probably Wrexham (I know), but it feels like a Premier League team even though they're in the 5th tier of football

Re: Second, Third, and fourth(?) teams

Nobody. Its who I dislike the most. Top of the list is comfortably Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFeelinBlue View Post
    Within the height of other championship and prem teams' scores being discussed on here, whos your second, and third (and maybe fourth) team?

For me it's City through and through

2nd team is PSV (I went to Eindhoven during their win in 14/15 I think it was during a uni exchange, came off the plane, got a taxi to the city centre and thier celebration bus was there )

3rd team is probably Hereford, I live near the border and have always had a soft spot for them

4th, is probably Wrexham (I know), but it feels like a Premier League team even though they're in the 5th tier of football
    After City I would say Hertha Berlin (family) and Crawley (as they are down the road from me). Notice a pattern?

4? More clubs than Tiger.

People with more than one aren't to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFeelinBlue View Post
    Feels like a Prem team? For what, trying to buy a title? Being more known for their owners?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Feels like a Prem team? For what, trying to buy a title? Being more known for their owners?
    They play in red and have a kop stand.

Whoever's playing Swansea or Bristol City, unless that's one of our relegation rivals!

There are quite a few teams I look out for their results as I know people who support them, but I don't actually have a 2nd team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Nobody. Its who I dislike the most. Top of the list is comfortably Liverpool.
    I agree with you 100’/, . I really liked that team in Shankly/ Paisley era but now I cannot stand them . The current manager is a lot to do with my reason.

Yep, City for me through and through.

2nd is UD Lanzarote. Holiday out there quite a bit and always go to see them play if they are at home when I am out there

3rd is Cewnty as occasionally when City were away, my dad would take me to Somerton park, in the mid 70s to watch them play

4th is Wrexham as I always like to see a Welsh team do well

You only support ONE team. That’s a choice I made at 11 years of age. You cannot support 2 teams. Football doesn’t work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    You only support ONE team. That’s a choice I made at 11 years of age. You cannot support 2 teams. Football doesn’t work like that.
    I do only support one team, I love the city more than myself, but the others are teams I always check scores of

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Hate it as much as people say but they have a lot of Wales behind them - I like to see another Welsh team do well in the English setup (bar Swansea) I'd even say I wouldn't mind if Cewnty did well and somehow came up ( though we may be playing them very soon)

First Team

Spurs as I grew up in the area and went to school directly opposite the ground.

I only support one team but I have an interest and affection for four others - my local teams when I have been a long distance Cardiff fan (most of my life): Shrewsbury, Stockport, Bristol Rovers and Sheffield FC,

Treforest FC

Is that the law? The fact of the matter is people can support whoever they like, whenever they like. Life works like that.

I support Wales and Cardiff City.

First Team

Teams I support based on having had season tickets for:

Olympique Lyonnais
    Phoenix Rising

I'm thinking of getting a season for Aberystwyth next year - I'm sick of the dreich Tan serves up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is that the law? The fact of the matter is people can support whoever they like, whenever they like. Life works like that.
    A typically confrontational and daft response.

Yes, people often swap the team that they support…..

obviously City ( then the other teams who effect us, reading and QPR yesterday )

but after the Welcome to Wrexham Series, which ive loved, I check how Wrexham have done

I have mates ( or football coaches I know ) who support Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil and FGR, so occasionally check on how they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Don't tell that to Sludge. He'll turn your photo away from his mantlepiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A typically confrontational and daft response.

Yes, people often swap the team that they support…..
    Nobody mentioned swapping teams except you, although I do know people who have done that. Where do you think all those extra City fans came from when the team was in the Premier League?

I have a minor interest in Merthyr, Newport and Hereford all of whom I watched intermittently when living in South Wales and Cardiff weren't playing at home. I also keep an eye on the results of other sides I have watched when living near their grounds these being, Derby, Watford, Farnborough and Dinamo Bucharest.

There are people who grew up watching the likes of man United etc on match of the day but follow cardiff city as their main team

Happens all over the country

But people in South Wales who support united and a bizarre lower league Scottish side and some other clowns from Spain ......in other words completely ignoring their local side ?

These people are not football fans and they need a good hiding

As for this live and let live cobblers and oh that's the way of the world ?

Utter nonsense football is tribal , it's where you are from , these idiots just pick clubs like pinning a tail on a donkey

If I am out socially and some idiot who clearly isn't from Liverpool is going on and on about his team then I have to get away I am afraid

I simply can't be in conversations with idiots like that

I generally support any team Swansea are playing on a weekly basis , followed by any team Bristol City ,Newport and recently Wrexham are playing.