+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Allsop

Re: Ryan Allsop

I missed this in the week and as one of Allsop's biggest critics I thought I'd check out our goal conceded so far.

I'd say he should have done better with:

* Away v Middlesboro's first goal up there, beaten on his near post, fortunately if didn't cost us the win.
    * Home V Hull, their second goal, daisy cutter from distance, arguably cost us the match
    * Home v Sheffield United, beaten on his near post, cost us a point
    * Home v Millwall, tame shot through his legs, Kipre equally culpable.
    * Away V Norwich, their first goal, daisy cutter from distance went under his arm.

I defended him after the Norwich game, but Lord knows what he was doing today.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How do you explain the manager picking Alsop every week and leaving Alnwick on the bench then ?

There have been reports that he's looking at his old keeper Forrest their third keeper apparently, so he can't rate Allsop.

I don't rate Allsop and haven't really seen much of Alnwick, but my final comment was he won't have to be amazing to turn out better than Allsop and keep the shirt, not saying he definitely will keep it because he is currently Sabri's number two, but that could just be that he doesn't like to change a keeper and unsettle a defence keeper partnership?

Allsop made a bad mistake the other week with an air shot, and let in a few week shots and today getting sent off, I think Sabri will be having some doubts, we will soon see at Preston if Alwnwick can take his chance and become Sabris number one.

Rushed out unnecessarily for the sending off. Recall he was a bit headstrong earlier in game. Made couple of good saves. Like the guy. Good presence at the back normally. Even if suspect at shots from outside box.
    We'll soon see if this Alnwick guy is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    There have been reports that he's looking at his old keeper Forrest their third keeper apparently, so he can't rate Allsop.

I don't rate Allsop and haven't really seen much of Alnwick, but my final comment was he won't have to be amazing to turn out better than Allsop and keep the shirt, not saying he definitely will keep it because he is currently Sabri's number two, but that could just be that he doesn't like to change a keeper and unsettle a defence keeper partnership?

Allsop made a bad mistake the other week with an air shot, and let in a few week shots and today getting sent off, I think Sabri will be having some doubts, we will soon see at Preston if Alwnwick can take his chance and become Sabris number one.
    If Lamouchi stays I’m almost certain he will bring in a new keeper, Allsop just doesn’t save enough. However I don’t think he’s as bad as people make out either.

4 teams have conceded less than we have and we’re slagging off the goalie….

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I agree, he isn’t the issue on why we have struggled.

The commentator did say today he had one of the lowest something or another stats to do with shots being saved. Our keeper was on minus something and was almost the worse of 40 something keepers used in the championship. The stats concluded he should have saved 8 goals. Make it it what you will.

I don’t think he’s that bad, I think we could get better.

Obviously it's not ideal to have your first choice keeper missing at this stage of the season but I am happy Alnwick will get a chance. Allsop hasn't really done anything that bad that warrants him being dropped but I can't help feeling some of the goals we've conceded he might have better on. Every cloud.

He's been due a clanger, so if he's got his out of the way in injury time at 2-0 up, I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Obviously it's not ideal to have your first choice keeper missing at this stage of the season but I am happy Alnwick will get a chance. Allsop hasn't really done anything that bad that warrants him being dropped but I can't help feeling some of the goals we've conceded he might have better on. Every cloud.
    Would you drop a defender for giving up easy chances when it happens numerous times? A lot of people call for defenders to get dropped. Why can't people want the same for a keeper letting in shots he should save? Or not commanding his area? People would be fuming if crosses came in a mad a defender didn't deal with it convincingly,same should go for the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Would you drop a defender for giving up easy chances when it happens numerous times? A lot of people call for defenders to get dropped. Why can't people want the same for a keeper letting in shots he should save? Or not commanding his area? People would be fuming if crosses came in a mad a defender didn't deal with it convincingly,same should go for the keeper.
    Isn't that what I just wrote? I think his absolute howlers have been very few but a good proportion of shots on target seem to get past him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Isn't that what I just wrote? I think his absolute howlers have been very few but a good proportion of shots on target seem to get past him.
    There are so many pro Allsop posts on here I read it with a pro tinted bias..

I would have wanted my keeper to have attempted to come for that ball, yes he made a hash of the clearance as it bobbled and bounced up to his stomach / lower chest ( difficult for a player to control )

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That's a good point, our defence is very good, imagine if they had a decent keeper behind we'd probably have the least goals conceded in the league.

That's a good point, our defence is very good, imagine if they had a decent keeper behind we'd probably have the least goals conceded in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Aye we can't move for pundits talking about Ryan Allsop...

In my view he's been poor and isn't good enough for this level, the stats and his career back that up. He's good with the ball, but his shot stopping and command of his area leave a lot to be desired
    It only takes 1 negative comment about a player on the highlights show, that gets picked up by know it all fans on social media, and hey presto…everyone thinks he’s sh1t.

Allsop is fine. Nothing special and certainly not a patch on keepers we’ve had in recent years.
    We are where we are in the table because of our impotent attack, something Sabri has hopefully fixed.

A new keeper wouldn’t be my priority in the next transfer window (if we’re even allowed to make any transfers).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atter-26408733

Includes a tweet from James Wood (stand-in goalkeeping coach) with a clip showing keepers blocking shots on the training ground, followed by footage of Allsop doing exactly the same in blocking the Bristol City point blank follow up shot on Saturday: 'Gks prep to match day execution'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1633047448733077507

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atter-26408733

Includes a tweet from James Wood (stand-in goalkeeping coach) with a clip showing keepers blocking shots on the training ground, followed by footage of Allsop doing exactly the same in blocking the Bristol City point blank follow up shot on Saturday: 'Gks prep to match day execution'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1633047448733077507
    Thanks for posting

Find it fascinating the level of detail they go into with regards to coaching, and especially keepers.

International

Relegated the last two seasons, and should have saved that first shot at least, very poor shot-stopper.

I thought he looked good when he arrived but realise that was just because he is quite good at playing the ball out from the back.

The rest of his game is poor no wonder Sabri is looking for a keeper!
    You can see why, cost us points again today, could have done better with all three maybe should have stopped the first or second, although the defence had the worst game in ages today too!

You can see why, cost us points again today, could have done better with all three maybe should have stopped the first or second, although the defence had the worst game in ages today too!
    He's shit. Can't believe people were defending him, he's one of the worst performing keepers in the league and has been bailed out by our negative approach to the game meaning our defence is usually fairly solid for a relegation fighting team

There's a reason he's been relegated both times he's played at this level

International

He's shit. Can't believe people were defending him, he's one of the worst performing keepers in the league and has been bailed out by our negative approach to the game meaning our defence is usually fairly solid for a relegation fighting team

There's a reason he's been relegated both times he's played at this level
    I agree hee's a weak link, Swansea's keeper was rubbish too, we should have capitalised and put him under pressure.

I agree hee's a weak link, Swansea's keeper was rubbish too, we should have capitalised and put him under pressure.
    Agreed, how he let our first in is beyond me. I've not seen it back but it looked a howler from the Canton

Thing is, practically everyone knew not to give them time on the ball as their defence and especially their keeper are dodgy, so why we sat off is anyone's guess

Agreed, how he let our first in is beyond me. I've not seen it back but it looked a howler from the Canton

Thing is, practically everyone knew not to give them time on the ball as their defence and especially their keeper are dodgy, so why we sat off is anyone's guess
    Certainly now a howler. I’d be looking at the defenders tbh. It’s his near post tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Certainly now a howler. I’d be looking at the defenders tbh. It’s his near post tho.
    I'm talking about Philogene's goal, I don't think that was the near post? It looked like it went through their keeper from where I was