+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Allsop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ryan Allsop

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I agree hee's a weak link, Swansea's keeper was rubbish too, we should have capitalised and put him under pressure.
    Agreed, how he let our first in is beyond me. I've not seen it back but it looked a howler from the Canton

Thing is, practically everyone knew not to give them time on the ball as their defence and especially their keeper are dodgy, so why we sat off is anyone's guess

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed, how he let our first in is beyond me. I've not seen it back but it looked a howler from the Canton

Thing is, practically everyone knew not to give them time on the ball as their defence and especially their keeper are dodgy, so why we sat off is anyone's guess
    Certainly now a howler. I’d be looking at the defenders tbh. It’s his near post tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Certainly now a howler. I’d be looking at the defenders tbh. It’s his near post tho.
    I'm talking about Philogene's goal, I don't think that was the near post? It looked like it went through their keeper from where I was

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm talking about Philogene's goal, I don't think that was the near post? It looked like it went through their keeper from where I was
    Sorry, yes that was a howler.

My mistake, I read it on the Allsop thread and got defensive lol

I’d get Neil Etheridge back, he’s better than anything we’ve got.

Etheridge would be head and shoulders better than anything we have, Allsop is average at best, the other one, is just not Championship standard.

A decent keeper would have prevented the first two goals.

To be fair to him a decent defence wouldn’t have put him in that situation.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    A decent keeper would have prevented the first two goals.

To be fair to him a decent defence wouldn’t have put him in that situation.
    Agreed the defence was appalling, but over the season they've been pretty good, they needed help yesterday, they got none.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed the defence was appalling, but over the season they've been pretty good, they needed help yesterday, they got none.
    True, last line of defence not good enough

Diabolical so far today

Horrible 'keeper. Every time he rushes from goal my heart is in my mouth waiting for the error. Almost cost us again a few times today. Has to be top of the priority list in the summer, regardless of division.

Fills me with zero confidence, we need a new goalie next season 100%

Fills me with zero confidence, we need a new goalie next season 100%
    For a long period of time, we've had our fair share of dodgy defenders, ineffectual midfielders, and strikers who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. However, the one position we've always seemed to get right is that of 'keeper.
    Allsop isn't THAT bad, it's just we've been spoiled over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    For a long period of time, we've had our fair share of dodgy defenders, ineffectual midfielders, and strikers who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. However, the one position we've always seemed to get right is that of 'keeper.
    Allsop isn't THAT bad, it's just we've been spoiled over the years.
    We have been lucky to have two top class keepers vying for the number one jersey, you’re right.

I think most have seen enough of him this year to disagree.

We have been lucky to have two top class keepers vying for the number one jersey, you’re right.
    Not now, obviously. But over the years we've been blessed with some quality 'keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Not now, obviously. But over the years we've been blessed with some quality 'keepers.
    Yeah it’s a position we’ve taken for granted I suppose

Yeah it’s a position we’ve taken for granted I suppose
    I suppose that’s what you get with free transfers. Hopefully he won’t get relegated for the second season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I suppose that’s what you get with free transfers. Hopefully he won’t get relegated for the second season in a row.
    It’d be his third consecutive relegation from the Championship- went down with Wycombe in 20/21 and Derby in 21/22 (albeit with a massive points deduction).

Not very good.

Doesn't matter what we've had in the past. He's pretty crap.

He's not shit. We've just been spoiled for good 'keepers for quite some time.

Just saw this and would like to submit it as evidence that Allsop is indeed as shit as my eyes suggests he is:

AllsopIsShit.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/2RypGkH

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just saw this and would like to submit it as evidence that Allsop is indeed as shit as my eyes suggests he is:

AllsopIsShit.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/2RypGkH
    I'm not surprised that graphic shows him as being one of the worst in the division. I'd take almost any of the others listed with the exception of maybe Amos and Fisher. I think Steffan at Boro is also a weak link in their team.

When Morison set us up to be ultra defensive and we needed a sweeper keeper Allsop is amongst the best I've seen with his feet. Unfortunately we need a keeper good with his hands.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'm not surprised that graphic shows him as being one of the worst in the division. I'd take almost any of the others listed with the exception of maybe Amos and Fisher. I think Steffan at Boro is also a weak link in their team.

When Morison set us up to be ultra defensive and we needed a sweeper keeper Allsop is amongst the best I've seen with his feet. Unfortunately we need a keeper good with his hands.

Poor again, he's cost us so many points recently, although McGuiness was more responsible yesterday, I think he can improve and put things right in the coming games, we will need to slot NG back into a central back three, as a spare he can be very good.

Worst keeper since Konstantopoulos?