+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gabriele Biancheri - Man United

Gabriele Biancheri - Man United

Haven't heard much about this kid but if United have snapped him up at 16 he must look pretty decent, anybody seen him play? Did we get any money/sell on fees?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64793494

Re: Gabriele Biancheri - Man United

I saw him play at the end of last season at CCS in an under 15s match against Arsenal.
    He scored a goal (and if I remember correctly, assisted another) in a 2-0 victory and looked the best player in the pitch - a real handful, which Arsenal struggled to contain.
    It’s a crying shame to have lost him, as I had my fingers crossed that he’d soon be knocking on the door of the first team.

I'm not sure we can get much for him at that age, other than minimal training costs maybe?
    How long was he here? I only really heard of him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'm not sure we can get much for him at that age, other than minimal training costs maybe?
    How long was he here? I only really heard of him this year.
    he was with us since he was 7

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he was with us since he was 7
    Might get some compo then surely?
    I only knew of him being called up to the U21's so thought he'd only recently joined us.
    If he's been here nearly 10 years, we might get some decent cash for developing him etc.

Didn’t I read we got half a million? Still, if we get that much at his age you know he’s going to be a gem…..gutted when we dont even get to see them play for the 1st team…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t I read we got half a million? Still, if we get that much at his age you know he’s going to be a gem…..gutted when we dont even get to see them play for the 1st team…..
    Maybe we need to bring them through the ranks quicker - unfortunatly in our predicament we can't

Ethan Nwaneri was 15 when he stepped on the pitch for Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe we need to bring them through the ranks quicker - unfortunatly in our predicament we can't

Ethan Nwaneri was 15 when he stepped on the pitch for Arsenal
    Need to hide them til they're 17 and have signed a 20 year pro contract!

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    More gutting, he probably won't break in there and Brentford, or someone like them, will get the best out of him!

It breaks my heart that we don't see at least a few years of good local youngsters

Of course it happens to clubs far bigger than us when United flash the cash

But it doesn't always work out . A Docks boy of somali origin went to United a few years ago but as far as I know he didn't make it .

Honestly if I was Tan I would just close the academy, all that effort bringing players through and United and City just take the best for a few pennies. Joke of a system.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Honestly if I was Tan I would just close the academy, all that effort bringing players through and United and City just take the best for a few pennies. Joke of a system.
    Yes, I'm afraid I agree,. You'd like to think that the proposed independent regulator would be able to do something about it, but the bigger clubs will fight tooth and nail in the way that Man City did with UEFA to retain the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid I agree,. You'd like to think that the proposed independent regulator would be able to do something about it, but the bigger clubs will fight tooth and nail in the way that Man City did with UEFA to retain the current system.
    Kids can't sign pro contracts. If at the point they legally can, they wish to do so elsewhere, c'est la vie.

If Biancheri wants to become another Ramon Calliste, so be it. Can't recall a poached player going on to do anything of note? Matondo? Looked ok and best in the Belgian 2nd division, can't get into the Rangers squad in the Scottish Pub League.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Kids can't sign pro contracts. If at the point they legally can, they wish to do so elsewhere, c'est la vie.

If Biancheri wants to become another Ramon Calliste, so be it. Can't recall a poached player going on to do anything of note? Matondo? Looked ok and best in the Belgian 2nd division, can't get into the Rangers squad in the Scottish Pub League.
    Can't really blame him for going though, 4 year pro deal at Man United is potentially life changing money

Matondo played in the Belgian top flight

Does pre-contracts not exist anymore?

Hope he does well for Wales sake but gutted to not see him in the first team squad before a big move

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Can't really blame him for going though, 4 year pro deal at Man United is potentially life changing money

Matondo played in the Belgian top flight
    Apologies, thought it was the league below.

Regardless, he's shown nothing at Rangers which is why he's been dropped from the squad. Can make a good living not playing these days.

If Biancheri wants to go for the money, then so be it, When he inevitably gets released, can make a living off being an ex Man Utd "star" as local media the world around would claim. Our lack of bringing through and supporting youngsters means any reasonably talented kid will want a guaranteed deal ASAP. As you say, life changing money.

Apologies, thought it was the league below.

Regardless, he's shown nothing at Rangers which is why he's been dropped from the squad. Can make a good living not playing these days.

If Biancheri wants to go for the money, then so be it, When he inevitably gets released, can make a living off being an ex Man Utd "star" as local media the world around would claim. Our lack of bringing through and supporting youngsters means any reasonably talented kid will want a guaranteed deal ASAP. As you say, life changing money.
    Genuine question as I don't know the answer: how many academy players have come through Cardiff's academy since Matondo left (whenever that was) and done well for themselves at the club or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Genuine question as I don't know the answer: how many academy players have come through Cardiff's academy since Matondo left (whenever that was) and done well for themselves at the club or elsewhere?
    Hard to think of any. Club were blamed for Sion Spence going to Palace but they released him, he's at Gloucester City now.

We've had some players released making it back to the Championship at age 26-27?

Only one off the top of my head I can think of might be James Connolly - who we flogged to Bristol Rovers for 150k - but then we didn't really develop him, he was released by Blackburn academy so we got him at what, 18? 19?

All the current system is doing is creating kids who look good against other kids and then struggle to adapt when they get to real football. Managers wanting to keep their jobs tend to prefer experience over youth too, any risk taking gets coached out of them which takes away from their ability. Look at Bagan - rather than attacking, looks to play the ball inside, the safe option.

Hard to think of any. Club were blamed for Sion Spence going to Palace but they released him, he's at Gloucester City now.

We've had some players released making it back to the Championship at age 26-27?

Only one off the top of my head I can think of might be James Connolly - who we flogged to Bristol Rovers for 150k - but then we didn't really develop him, he was released by Blackburn academy so we got him at what, 18? 19?

All the current system is doing is creating kids who look good against other kids and then struggle to adapt when they get to real football. Managers wanting to keep their jobs tend to prefer experience over youth too, any risk taking gets coached out of them which takes away from their ability. Look at Bagan - rather than attacking, looks to play the ball inside, the safe option.
    In that case, I couldn't blame the boy for choosing to join Man United, sadly.

I wonder how long it will be before another Aaron Ramsey is produced.

In that case, I couldn't blame the boy for choosing to join Man United, sadly.

I wonder how long it will be before another Aaron Ramsey is produced.
    It's very much a money first choice on his side though. We don't seem to be happy giving youngsters a run in the first team, well, Man Utd et al hoover up the best kids, most never make it - the chances of him beating out an experienced striker they buy for £50m would be close to nil.

If the club want kids to stay - Charlie Crew was another who left - then got to show them they can have a future in the game with us. Even if they don't make it with us, at least develop them to be sellable assets.

It's very much a money first choice on his side through. We don't seem to be happy giving youngsters a run in the first team, well, Man Utd et al hoover up the best kids, most never make it - the chances of him beating out an experienced striker they buy for £50m would be close to nil.

If the club want kids to stay - Charlie Crew was another who left - then got to show them they can have a future in the game with us. Even if they don't make it with us, at least develop them to be sellable assets.
    Logic would dictate that players in Cardiff City's academy have not progressed for (insert amount of years) and that the coaching there is sub par to say the least (paraphrasing your words there).

At present he can choose to stay at Cardiff where he will be coached poorly and likely end up at a worse club several years later (based on what you've told me) or he can join one of the best academies in the world and have a small chance of making it there (and will have better coaches & facilities to aid his development).

Taking that into account, saying "It's very much a money first choice on his side though" is not based in logic - perhaps more based in bitterness & jealousy (which is an appropriate and understandable stance too).

Logic would dictate that players in Cardiff City's academy have not progressed for (insert amount of years) and that the coaching there is sub par to say the least (paraphrasing your words there).

At present he can choose to stay at Cardiff where he will be coached poorly and likely end up at a worse club several years later (based on what you've told me) or he can join one of the best academies in the world and have a small chance of making it there (and will have better coaches & facilities to aid his development).

Taking that into account, saying "It's very much a money first choice on his side though" is not based in logic - perhaps more based in bitterness & jealousy (which is an appropriate and understandable stance too).
    Didn’t our under 18 and under 16 teams give the jacks a whipping on their own turf last weekend? Not that that’s any great deal but all we used to ever hear about was their so wonderful academy. I’m not sure if they produced anyone of note themselves either despite 70 years in the PL…..

Juventus

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Haven't heard much about this kid but if United have snapped him up at 16 he must look pretty decent, anybody seen him play? Did we get any money/sell on fees?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64793494
    I head the other day that the bloke who own's the Italian place Callabrisella in Canton - his son has been sign by Juventus (mid teens apparently).

IF it is true - it's a terrible pity that we have a kid that is obviously highly rated - that has not been spotted by us. And no i wasnt drunk when someone told me about it.

South Wales has so much football talent

Cardiff City are utterly hopeless at finding and developing that talent

And we always have been

Southampton, Bristol clubs , Swansea find plenty of youngsters

But we are a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I head the other day that the bloke who own's the Italian place Callabrisella in Canton - his son has been sign by Juventus (mid teens apparently).

IF it is true - it's a terrible pity that we have a kid that is obviously highly rated - that has not been spotted by us. And no i wasnt drunk when someone told me about it.
    It's criminal