Saturday 4th March, ko 12:30pm
    This game is on Sky Sports Red Button

Match Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
    Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
    Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
    Fourth Official: Sam Purkiss

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

My one and only game of the season last year it was Forest where we done them 2-1 hope we can do the same on Saturday, then down to the Pavilion Porthcawl to see the old soul crowd.

Bristol will be wearing their 2023-24 kit against us on Saturday. They've had to launch it (very) early as their 22-23 supplier has gone bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol will be wearing their 2023-24 kit against us on Saturday. They've had to launch it (very) early as their 22-23 supplier has gone bust.
    That is early. Remembering some on her getting all bent out of shape as we'll always quite late.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That is early. Remembering some on her getting all bent out of shape as we'll always quite late.
    Maybe if we aimed for February we'd have it ready by July!

We've given Bristol (and they've sold) something like 3,200 tickets, shame we don't charge them all £35 a pop or whatever it is that they charge us!

Looking at home ticket sales, Canton seems pretty full from corner to corner. Should comfortably be our biggest crowd of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We've given Bristol (and they've sold) something like 3,200 tickets, shame we don't charge them all £35 a pop or whatever it is that they charge us!

Looking at home ticket sales, Canton seems pretty full from corner to corner. Should comfortably be our biggest crowd of the season.
    Didn’t Bristol only give us something like 2,200? I remember the whole front half of the stand was covered in tarps when we went there earlier this season.

Dont know why everyone's so optimistic. Bristol havent lost for ages and we know our record against them.
    Expect comfortable defeat.

Big chance for Kaba, Etete and Wickham. One of them will have to step up as without Robinson in the team our troubles in front of goal will only get worse unless someone can step up.

2-0 Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Dont know why everyone's so optimistic. Bristol havent lost for ages and we know our record against them.
    I agree. I expect comfortable defeat. But I still hope for a surprising win. That's what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Big chance for Kaba, Etete and Wickham. One of them will have to step up as without Robinson in the team our troubles in front of goal will only get worse unless someone can step up.

2-0 Bristol.
    Like you, I see little hope of a win. If we do we will need a huge slice of luck like a sending off or a goalkeeping error like the ridiculous one the Luton goalie let in last night.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree. I expect comfortable defeat. But I still hope for a surprising win. That's what it's all about!
    Hope springs eternal I guess. Liable to be very disappointed come 2.30pm Saturday. Week end ruined yet again.

We've got to pick up the points somewhere. I'm hoping for a win, but it will probably be a draw. 1-1.

Just checking we are playing mid table Bristol City who have the same amount of points as Reading who we dominated and not Man City this weekend.

FFS if we are hoping for luck and sending offs to avoid a beating against this lot then we may as well give up now.

This is without doubt a game we need to be looking at getting maximum points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just checking we are playing mid table Bristol City who have the same amount of points as Reading who we dominated and not Man City this weekend.

FFS if we are hoping for luck and sending offs to avoid a beating against this lot then we may as well give up now.

You are overlooking the fact they havent lost a league game in ages, And we can't hit a barn door from 5 yards. And, our poor recent record in derbies.
    I accept they have drawn a lot of games and that is probably our only hope of getting something.

Agree. It's a poor championship overall. We are one of the worst teams but with games running out, home games against others in the bottom half we should be looking for 3 points.

Equally they will more than fancy their chances I'm sure.

You are overlooking the fact they havent lost a league game in ages, And we can't hit a barn door from 5 yards. And, our poor recent record in derbies.
    I accept they have drawn a lot of games and that is probably our only hope of getting something.
    Only hope?. Come off it. We may well lose but to stay up we are going to have to beat sides above us. A team mid table with 9 points more than us in a poor division has to be looked at as a very winnable game.

Theyve only got 44 points for a reason. They are not very good.

We cant be losing many of these type home games to stay up.

Only hope?. Come off it. We may well lose but to stay up we are going to have to beat sides above us. A team mid table with 9 points more than us in a poor division has to be looked at as a very winnable game.

Theyve only got 44 points for a reason. They are not very good.

We cant be losing many of these type home games to stay up.
    I agree we cant afford to lose. I just hope fate is with us for a change. We need all the luck we can get to get something out of this game.

Ffs, it isn't on sky?!

For me, I can see it as a drab 1-1 draw, a real poor Severnside derby, with O'Dowda getting our goal

We should want it more than them. If form mattered winning teams would never lose and losing teams would only ever lose...

Cheer up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We should want it more than them. If form mattered winning teams would never lose and losing teams would only ever lose...

Cheer up.
    Form matters. It builds confidence. It gives players confidence in themselves, their teammates and the system of play. Poor form breaks players, makes them second guess every move, and overthink everything making them prone to mistakes. A striker in poor form and low on confidence is the classic example. We've all seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    Ffs, it isn't on sky?!
    Only on the red button(if it works this week!).

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Form matters. It builds confidence. It gives players confidence in themselves, their teammates and the system of play. Poor form breaks players, makes them second guess every move, and overthink everything making them prone to mistakes. A striker in poor form and low on confidence is the classic example. We've all seen that.
    Yes, of course.

But like I said..

International

Agreed very tough game, but you never know, that's what makes the game so good!