+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 point deduction for Reading

6 point deduction for Reading

According to the Mail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e8&ai=11807403
    Would leave them just 3 points ahead of us.

Re: 6 point deduction for Reading

Would take them from 13th with 44 points to 19th on 38. Still ahead of City- 21st on 35 but atleast it is another team to chase.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Would take them from 13th with 44 points to 19th on 38. Still ahead of City- 21st on 35 but atleast it is another team to chase.
    if you looked at the table since about October they would be bottom 3 I think, this could bring them right into trouble

Are Birmingham close to be docked any points?

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Are Birmingham close to be docked any points?
    I think the muted discussion is next season, given the charges and issues i expect it'll be an automatic relegation and starting on -24 points!

Also heard they other day that Derby only paid a very small percentage of what was owed to HRMC in a settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think the muted discussion is next season, given the charges and issues i expect it'll be an automatic relegation and starting on -24 points!

Also heard they other day that Derby only paid a very small percentage of what was owed to HRMC in a settlement.
    Will we hear about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will we hear about it?
    I doubt it!

I doubt it!
    Whoosh?

Reading's next 4 fixtures - Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd, Millwall & Blackburn - all currently in the top 5.

I will be fuming if true. Heads should roll at Reading but the EFL are supposed to be sanctioning every transfer. So how has this been allowed to happen?

story was broken by the telegraph, who seemed to have the inside track on the Derby punishments previously

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Reading's next 4 fixtures - Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd, Millwall & Blackburn - all currently in the top 5.
    Come on down to the party, Reading!

EFL Official Statement - just released.

In November 2021, the EFL and Reading Football Club reached an Agreed Decision in respect of the Club’s failure to comply with the League’s Profit and Sustainability (P&S) Rules.

As part of the decision, the Club is required to comply with the terms of a Business Plan up until the end of season 2022/23. The plan focuses on a number of financial targets with the objective of improving the Club’s financial performance.

The League is currently reviewing submissions from Reading to determine whether compliance has been achieved.

There will be no further comment on the matter at this time.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/march/...nt-reading-fc/

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Whoosh?
    Whoosh whoosh.

I've seen this reported in a number of places, but they are all talking about the 'possibility' of a points deduction, ie. it's not been confirmed yet. Perhaps the papers are jumping the gun, and it will be announced shortly (knowing my luck, within the next five minutes), but as I type this, a deduction is not definite.

Reading points deduction is a standing order.

Apparently as a club we are expecting a 6 point deduction and that it will be applied next week.
    Sick of all of this and the way in which a club like ours get hammered whereas the likes of Man City, Everton and Villa get away with it.

Is that just your guess they’ll be docked 24 points? Or have you read something along those lines. Would be a hell of a punishment. Even Derby weren’t deducted that many points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Apparently as a club we are expecting a 6 point deduction and that it will be applied next week.
    Sick of all of this and the way in which a club like ours get hammered whereas the likes of Man City, Everton and Villa get away with it.
    Aye , it's sickening

I hate the big clubs

You're right - definite double standards.

Man City have just announced a 7k expansion for their North Stand. Doesn’t sound like an ownership worried about being banned from Europe or being sent to the Championship