+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sue Gray Has Been Offered The Labour Chief of Staff Job

Re: Sue Gray Has Been Offered The Labour Chief of Staff Job

It does seem rather bizarre that Labour announced this without preparing a good answer for the most obvious questions.

I also see the Tory front bench is still pretty much avoiding the issue and letting Rees mogg and co foam at the mouth of their behalf.

I wonder whether at some point, with labour struggling to coherently defend, the Tories begin to see this as a workable attack line.

I didn't see the Sunday segments but the summaries I saw tended to imply that this week's Tory rep was not pressed on the sue gray thing, which seems remarkable considering the hoo-ha that their back benches are making of it. Implies to me that they didn't really want to discuss it/they haven't decided which way to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It does seem rather bizarre that Labour announced this without preparing a good answer for the most obvious questions.

I also see the Tory front bench is still pretty much avoiding the issue and letting Rees mogg and co foam at the mouth of their behalf.

I wonder whether at some point, with labour struggling to coherently defend, the Tories begin to see this as a workable attack line.

I didn't see the Sunday segments but the summaries I saw tended to imply that this week's Tory rep was not pressed on the sue gray thing, which seems remarkable considering the hoo-ha that their back benches are making of it. Implies to me that they didn't really want to discuss it/they haven't decided which way to go yet.
    Simply there's only a "hoo-ha" from the Johnson fanboys in the Tory party, along with the usual suspects on here from both left and right.

Sunak will probably steer well clear as he knows Johnson is now politically toxic as well as still after his job. He will want "partygate" to die a death quickly and all this storm in a teacup does is remind voters of the events in Downing St. during covid. ACBA will probably delay Sue Gray's appointment by a few months and normal service will resume.

The ridiculous UQ in the commons yesterday rather shows up how desperate certain folk are. John Crace sums it all up beautifully in the Guardian today, well worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Simply there's only a "hoo-ha" from the Johnson fanboys in the Tory party, along with the usual suspects on here from both left and right.

Sunak will probably steer well clear as he knows Johnson is now politically toxic as well as still after his job. He will want "partygate" to die a death quickly and all this storm in a teacup does is remind voters of the events in Downing St. during covid. ACBA will probably delay Sue Gray's appointment by a few months and normal service will resume.

The ridiculous UQ in the commons yesterday rather shows up how desperate certain folk are. John Crace sums it all up beautifully in the Guardian today, well worth a read
    The Guardian is too complicated

What did he say ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xpects-results

None of this makes any different to how shifty Starmer sounded in that interview I mentioned.