+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CRaig Bellamy

CRaig Bellamy

Some good things about him:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo....html#comments

Hope one day he comes back to City......but suspect he is destined for higher things...

Re: CRaig Bellamy

Plenty of our fans never been fussed on having him here, I find that very weird! He's definitely got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Hope one day he comes back to City......but suspect he is destined for higher things...
    We missed the boat there for sure, plus he said he’d never work directly for the dictator…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We missed the boat there for sure, plus he said he’d never work directly for the dictator…..
    As the article suggests, and indeed as the man himself has suggested this season, he’s almost certainly better suited to coaching than management. Therefore, I don’t believe City have missed the boat with him. After all, who were City likely to appoint that Bellamy would work under?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As the article suggests, and indeed as the man himself has suggested this season, he’s almost certainly better suited to coaching than management. Therefore, I don’t believe City have missed the boat with him. After all, who were City likely to appoint that Bellamy would work under?
    So we couldn't have him here in a coaching capacity?

Edit. Tired eyes. Just reread your whole message.

International

Agreed he's a great bloke and committed, but he's not at all suited to the political and diplomatic elements of Management, he would hate it. Great as a coach but his temperament will almost certainly lead to various incidents in the future, the same as when he played football, it's just in his make up and character.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Where did he say this?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Where did he say this?
    Nowhere, but it's something those who dislike Tan like to trot out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Nowhere, but it's something those who dislike Tan like to trot out every now and then.
    I recall him saying something along the lines of "the management woulnd't be prepared to do things the way he wanted to do them anyway" in an interview

Timing of those interviews were a bit strange, Morison went to Bellamy for advice before taking the Cardiff job, then a couple of weeks later bellamy's putting out there a 3 part interview basically bigging up how good he would be in the job - something about it came across as a bit of a dick move to me, but i guess he can only answer the questions he was given.

He might turn out to be a very good manager, but I do find it strange that people on here are always bigging him up and at the same time moaning that we have given the job to 2 unproven managers in recent appointments

Who knows? He did need to be near his kids at one point which is why he was working for us for free I believe. I’ve spoken to him and he believes as you say his best role is a no2, a very important role I reckon….I’m sure there would be someone out there who would love him. Kompany clearly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Burnley are a big fish in a small pond at the moment lets see how Kompany and Bellamy do next season