+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sloper Road Closure Tomorrow after game

Sloper Road Closure Tomorrow after game

Supporters should be aware that Sloper Road will be temporarily closed for approximately 20 minutes after the full-time whistle.

This measure will come into force 15 minutes before the end of the match.

Cardiff City fans will be unable travel along Sloper Road in the direction of Penarth Road during this period.

Bristol City fans must turn right only upon exiting Cardiff City Stadium, towards Penarth Road, the City Centre parking areas and Cardiff Central train station. Away supporters will not be able to travel along Sloper Road in the direction of Leckwith Road during this period.

The decision to limit movement post-match was taken by South Wales Police in the interest of public safety. Every effort will be made to keep to the above timescale, but supporters should be aware that these timings are not fixed, and will be determined by South Wales Police.

All supporters will be able to walk down Sloper Road from the Grangetown area ahead of the match.

International

Re: Sloper Road Closure Tomorrow after game

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    Supporters should be aware that Sloper Road will be temporarily closed for approximately 20 minutes after the full-time whistle.

Cardiff City fans will be unable travel along Sloper Road in the direction of Penarth Road during this period.

Bristol City fans must turn right only upon exiting Cardiff City Stadium, towards Penarth Road, the City Centre parking areas and Cardiff Central train station. Away supporters will not be able to travel along Sloper Road in the direction of Leckwith Road during this period.

The decision to limit movement post-match was taken by South Wales Police in the interest of public safety. Every effort will be made to keep to the above timescale, but supporters should be aware that these timings are not fixed, and will be determined by South Wales Police.

All supporters will be able to walk down Sloper Road from the Grangetown area ahead of the match.
    Why not lock them in for half an hour, why affect Cardiff fans?

Exactly
    It was the same after the Leeds game
    I live in Grangetown
    Effin nightmare
    Plod haven’t thought it through
    Keep the Brizzle lot behind for half an hour 😫😫😫

Yeah don’t know why we don’t keep them in. We were kept in at Leeds away back in the day for about an hour if I remember correctly. They were having running battles with the police mind haha

I think the police are not allowed to keep them inside the stadium after the game has finished.
    Something to do with their 'human rights'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think the police are not allowed to keep them inside the stadium after the game has finished.
    Human? 🤔

Will there be any Cardiff fans left in the stadium at the final whistle ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    negative waves.jpg

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You never know we may be winning

International

Where's Drakeford when you need someone to make up a stupid rule that could be useful for once, can't he say they're a covid risk or something?

Odd decision. I get it for the Leeds game because there were 6000 of them and rail strikes. Most would’ve travelled by busses, so a lot easier to get them packed up and sent on their way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Bristol fans will be heading back to the city centre to get a train back from Central.

I wonder if this is a knock on effect from the idiots that smashed up the toilets at Ashton Gate?

Nearly froze to death after the Leeds game. Think I'll stay inside for a while tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Odd decision. I get it for the Leeds game because there were 6000 of them and rail strikes. Most would’ve travelled by busses, so a lot easier to get them packed up and sent on their way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Bristol fans will be heading back to the city centre to get a train back from Central.

I wonder if this is a knock on effect from the idiots that smashed up the toilets at Ashton Gate?
    Yep and them smashing up a pub in Cardiff

You think it's OK to pay to go into a place and then be kept there against your will when you want to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You think it's OK to pay to go into a place and then be kept there against your will when you want to leave?
    I don't recall saying it was.

Madness….

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do, if it keeps the peace……3000 wurzels coming out same time? I know it’s all daises and butterflies these days down the CCS but there are still a fair share of idiots, partic for this match.

First Team

Typical as I need to get to Grangetown Station for my train back to Llantwit.

The long walk to Central it is then plus a bit of a wait before taking into account the unreliability of the service on weekend evenings.

Might go and watch the Major instead.

There were nearly as many police on duty today, as there were Bristol fans at the game. Where do they find them all, and what's more, what are they all there for? It's not like we haven't played Bristol every season for the last twenty-odd years. Why the sudden police interest? Looks like an excuse to make a bit of easy overtime, if you ask me.

Close Sloper Road but have them reach Central at the same time as City fans. What’s the point?

I wish we had known that before the game.
    Exited after the game, wasn’t allowed to return along Sloper Road to our car in Virgil St. Walked up Leckwith Road, along Hadfield and Bessemer Roads, passing lots of Bristol fans going in the opposite direction. And then got caught in all the traffic. Reached the M4 an hour after leaving the stadium. Got home at 6pm.
    Thank……… that we won and put in a good performance. Otherwise I would not have been happy or if it had been a 3pm ok.��
    We’ll be parking in Canton for the Swansea game!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I wish we had known that before the game.
    Exited after the game, wasn’t allowed to return along Sloper Road to our car in Virgil St. Walked up Leckwith Road, along Hadfield and Bessemer Roads, passing lots of Bristol fans going in the opposite direction. And then got caught in all the traffic. Reached the M4 an hour after leaving the stadium. Got home at 6pm.
    Thank……… that we won and put in a good performance. Otherwise I would not have been happy or if it had been a 3pm ok.��
    We’ll be parking in Canton for the Swansea game!

In fairness Corky posted this 24 hours before kick off, and the club announced it via social media as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    In fairness Corky posted this 24 hours before kick off, and the club announced it via social media as well.
    Only myself to blame then��

Pain in the arse but we just went in the shop for a bit and wandered about before walking up sloper road. This wasn’t that big a deal and was made clear before the game

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yep and them smashing up a pub in Cardiff
    And trying to set another alight.