+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Bowen MND diagnosis and me

Re: Jason Bowen MND diagnosis and me

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Walesonline has done a good article on this today.

I spoke with their reporter Reem Ahmed, who contacted me via the appeal. I spoke over the phone over a few days and they sent a photographer over. I think she put it together well, although before it was published I was quite nervous about what angle she was going to put on it.

I texted her before publication threatening to haunt her, her descendants and their descendants for the next 3 weeks if she did a hit job (I stole that off the Simpsons).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eason-27028764
    Just caught up on this thread and read your story - a couple of things you said resonated with me (not the medical ones). I've just donated and hope you get to your total and it helps a small bit with the tough road you have ahead. Best wishes to your and your loved ones.

Re: Jason Bowen MND diagnosis and me

Yesterday was the best day of the summer so far for City fans, but, at the same time, 79blue was posting this;

"It seems that my appeal is now running out of steam after running for 7 weeks. I would just like to thank all the people who have donated to this appeal and those who have offered kind words of support.

Unfortunately I was not able to reach my target amount, although that was quite an optimistic target. Fortunately the funds that I have been able to collect will enable me now to have my bathroom rebuilt so that I can access a shower via a wheelchair, which will make my life so much easier. I have already selected a suitable contractor to carry out the rebuild and hopefully it will completed within the next 3 weeks.

I would again like to offer my thanks for all the support that I have received over that last few months. My thanks is not just for the monetary support but also for the lift it has given to my mental health."

I know it's not easy in the current economic climate, but it would be a great gesture if anyone on here could make another Bluebird feel a little better today with a donation.