+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Training on Barry Island Beach

Training on Barry Island Beach

Just came back and there was a group of footballers and coaches training on the beach.

They had Red and Black training gear on, I assumed Bristol but they were still there at 10.45, not sure if they would still be light training at that time. They also had Joma training gear which I don’t think Bristol do.

Any ideas who it could be?

I got my dog to run in amoungst them and they told her to get off, the cheek lol.

Just noticed on twitter they have arrived so certainly not the first team at least lol

Re: Training on Barry Island Beach

Barry at home today. Might be them?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Barry at home today. Might be them?
    Should have thought on checking that, I checked everyone else’s games lol.

Ammanford FC do wear Joma so could be, not sure where the red comes in.

Bristol City wear Hummel at present, although it’s at risk due to the financial uncertainty around Hummel’s UK distributor, which affects all Hummel teams except Everton.

I'm sure there are old photos of City training on Barry Island beach, back in the days of Jimmy Scoular?

It can’t have been Bristol City unless it was just some squad players that made the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It can’t have been Bristol City unless it was just some squad players that made the journey.
    And you would be able to tell if it was a Professional outfit, ability, touch and physique. Could not be confused with Barry Town or Ammanford!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And you would be able to tell if it was a Professional outfit, ability, touch and physique. Could not be confused with Barry Town or Ammanford!
    Well we didn’t get that close (except our dog), they looked skinny but then I bumped into Wintle last week and it always amazes me how skinny our players are up close.

They were doing more warm up games and sprinting rather than proper training. They had a lot of equipment.

Disgusting language as well for a public beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Ahhh well done.