+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Philogene

Philogene

I might be getting carried away straight after the elation of a derby win, however I think that's one of the best individual performances I've seen by one of our boys down the CCS. I don't remember him doing a single thing wrong today. Other than the goal, consistently beat his man and played lovely intricate passes. I thought he even did very well defensively, used his body brilliantly for a slender chap.

SM has definitely got the players we thought were weak links early in the season (Sawyers, Philogene and Ojo) to drag us out of this mess. Long may it continue.

Re: Philogene

has been given a new lease of life, i was very critical about him and just about everyone else to be honest, seems like hes starting to enjoy himself, and that goes for sawers too who is still a little inconsistent but playing much much better than before

Fair play to Lamouchi, not sure many others would have played him at wing back.

thing is he is still just 21......so how do our home grown players match up to that?

Thought Philo had a good game.

Wickham played well, if we have to rely on him the rest of the season, I'd not be worried.

Ng was pretty good, plus had a clean sheet.

He was everywhere, defending, attacking, brilliant

He's a talented player but always thought he was guilty of trying too much sometimes earlier in the season. Often took that extra touch or tried to do too much instead of taking an easier option.
    He does make things happen though, and entertains. Now the team has more confidence in general, we'll surely see his real potential. He's got flair that we lack in general

I have been saying it for about a dozen games now. During wins, losses, good or bad ccfc performances. This guy is out of our league atm...such a shame he's just a loanee. Huge potential

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I might be getting carried away straight after the elation of a derby win, however I think that's one of the best individual performances I've seen by one of our boys down the CCS. I don't remember him doing a single thing wrong today. Other than the goal, consistently beat his man and played lovely intricate passes. I thought he even did very well defensively, used his body brilliantly for a slender chap.

SM has definitely got the players we thought were weak links early in the season (Sawyers, Philogene and Ojo) to drag us out of this mess. Long may it continue.
    SM?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    SM?
    Sabri Mouchi?

SM?
    Surely not still trying to praise Steve Morison 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    He's a talented player but always thought he was guilty of trying too much sometimes earlier in the season. Often took that extra touch or tried to do too much instead of taking an easier option.
    He does make things happen though, and entertains. Now the team has more confidence in general, we'll surely see his real potential. He's got flair that we lack in general
    Colwill could take a leaf out of his book

Philogene looked crap much of the early season for those reasons above

If they can get the basics spot on and not try and overplay then you can build on that

Not sure if he got it but he was easily motm for me.

His moments are often sporadic but today he was immense, also tracking back.

Wasn't at all bullied off the ball either.

Great performance from him today easily MOTM

My MOM .

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post

Philogene was awful against ‘boro, superb against Reading and even better today.

I'm sure his legs are made from elastic. He seems to be able to get a touch on the ball when it doesn't look possible.

As with many of our players, his decision-making has sometimes let him down this season, but for me it's been clear that he has real quality.

Philogene mom easily. The man has exceptional talent that’s for sure.
    Also thought Sawyers was excellent, can’t believe how much better he’s been since Lamouche took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Philogene mom easily. The man has exceptional talent that’s for sure.
    Also thought Sawyers was excellent, can’t believe how much better he’s been since Lamouche took over.
    Agreed, back to his best and ran the midfield today.

SM?
    SL of course! One too many Black Dragons clearly