+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Re: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

There must have been 5 phones in the car…..I wonder why they couldn’t be traced? e.g. Snapchat ….find my phone ? Tragic waste…RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do I know if they were on social media doing balloons? Plenty of people would have seen that.

I revert to my original post, it's awful and a tragedy. RIP.

I just can't have any sympathy for people who drive and take drugs. Driving under the influence is idiotic.
    There’s been some misinformation on this already so better to be sure when saying stuff like this

I’ve heard some details regarding this and it seems pretty harrowing

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    This is where the car ended up:

And this is the view (from Google maps) of it from the roundabout side:

So the cars gone straight into a tree, stopped dead, and been obscured from the road for all of sunday. Chances of it happening must've been small.
    know the area well and use that road alot If the car come off the road just before the roundabout at high sped would have thought the local houses not to far away would have heard a loud noise at least . no doubt the investigation will determined the root cause

with that roundabout closed off put an extra 30 minutes to get to Newport this morning but didn't realize at the time why

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    There’s no crash barrier along that stretch

Mixing Drugs Alcohol and Speed and this is what can happen

Sadly the car has left the road on the bend and gone straight into that thicket of trees

The reason they weren’t discovered is that motorists approaching that roundabout are looking to the right checking on vehicles coming towards them
    Not looking to the left where they sat helpless for two days
    Good point about looking right.

People make reckless decisions, sadly for some it's habitual and becomes the norm.

Sad that it's caught up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Those women might have been very foolish and very silly to get into a car driven by someone who was possibly under the influence of drink and drugs

But 1 young man is dead , 1 man is seriously injured, 2 young women are dead and another young woman is in hospital

These are sons and daughters , sisters and brothers and cousins and they have friends many of whom were there laying flowers today

Things like this are very rare thankfully but with all the laws and education we can throw at people sometimes individuals make stupid reckless decisions

RIP
    Lots of young ones make reckless decisions….plenty I know have and me too back in the early rave days in particular

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lots of young ones make reckless decisions….plenty I know have and me too back in the early rave days in particular
    Plenty of people many years ago and quite a lot now use their mobile phones whilst driving

People have killed others doing this

I bet they thought they were invincible too

These awful things happen however much wd wish they wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why have you done that with the surname? Its not meant in a positive light from you, is it. Some youngster has died and you're insinuating, aren't you? You are a horrible twisted **** of a man.
    Someone asked for the name and posted just Rafel Jeanne so its a double barrel name which suggests that is the poor lads correct full name, sorry to.have upset you.. again .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Someone asked for the name and posted just Rafel Jeanne so its a double barrel name which suggests that is the poor lads correct full name, sorry to.have upset you.. again .
    You know exactly what you were doing.......Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You know exactly what you were doing.......Again...
    Of course he did, it was akin to whispering the Christian name and first part of the surname, then bellowing out the second part of the surname. Disgusting.

There’s no excuse for drink or drug driving but these kids have learned that in the most tragic way. Very fortunate that there were no other cars or pedestrians involved but a terrible waste of life.
    Hope that this case can be used in some way to educate.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    There’s no excuse for drink or drug driving but these kids have learned that in the most tragic way. Very fortunate that there were no other cars or pedestrians involved but a terrible waste of life.
    Hope that this case can be used in some way to educate.
    RIP
    Agree, it would be some small consolation from this tragedy if it stops some people from embarking upon dangerous activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree, it would be some small consolation from this tragedy if it stops some people from embarking upon dangerous activities.
    Every community knows of a drink drive incident wether it was tragic or not. It doesn't stop people.

I accept it wouldn't be a surprise if the speculation turned out to be correct, but, for now, it's only speculation - can't we leave out the pontificating until we know for sure that it's justified?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I accept it wouldn't be a surprise if the speculation turned out to be correct, but, for now, it's only speculation - can't we leave out the pontificating until we know for sure that it's justified?
    I understand your POV...

BUT is it speculation when they've recorded themselves on social media?

I know the board takes a nicey nice approach to things and people don't appreciate my type of posting, I'm very self aware of what people's opinions of me are, but I also know peoples lives that have been ruined by drink driving idiots.

I don't even look at my phone when driving.

Tragic loss of life whatever the circumstances turn out to be. Noticed the road was shut on the way down the A48 to Newport but didn’t realise why at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Tragic loss of life whatever the circumstances turn out to be.
    Agreed, awful news. 5 young people with their life ahead of them.

I understand your POV...

BUT is it speculation when they've recorded themselves on social media?

I know the board takes a nicey nice approach to things and people don't appreciate my type of posting, I'm very self aware of what people's opinions of me are, but I also know peoples lives that have been ruined by drink driving idiots.

I don't even look at my phone when driving.
    I wouldn't be surprised if your initial post on this thread (which I replied to), was removed to protect Mike and this board from any potential action should, what you posted have been untrue. You posted at a time when people were waking up to the news, and I would guess, when not many has seen or heard of the social media posts you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if your initial post on this thread (which I replied to), was removed to protect Mike and this board from any potential action should, what you posted have been untrue. You posted at a time when people were waking up to the news, and I would guess, when not many has seen or heard of the social media posts you've mentioned.
    The other post mentioned drink driving, other messages since have mentioned more like drugs on social media.

Plenty of people outside of the CCMB bubble would have been aware of what was going on, I mentioned it to a lad at work when I pulled up having heard it on the radio as I drove in, ifrat I'd seen or heard of it, and he went on to tell me about the drink driving, posts on social media with them recorded doing them balloon canisters, and a lot of other stuff about where they had been before the crash.

There's a world outside of ccmb and people know things and talk about them.

I know how LoM feels now

The other post mentioned drink driving, other messages since have mentioned more like drugs on social media.

Plenty of people outside of the CCMB bubble would have been aware of what was going on, I mentioned it to a lad at work when I pulled up having heard it on the radio as I drove in, ifrat I'd seen or heard of it, and he went on to tell me about the drink driving, posts on social media with them recorded doing them balloon canisters, and a lot of other stuff about where they had been before the crash.

There's a world outside of ccmb and people know things and talk about them.

I know how LoM feels now
    Good morning Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good morning Sludge

I am off to do some work, need to justify my breakfast in 2 hours time.. hopefully the CCMB perfect brigade has calmed by then

I’d just like to say how sad it is that 3 young people have lost their lives and hope the other two, make a full recovery, irrespective of the circumstances that caused this tragedy. I also feel some sympathy for the Police, in dealing with a report of missing persons. Approximately 170,000 people are reported missing every year in the UK,which is one every 90 seconds, so possibly the Police don’t have the resources to investigate every adult, that is reported missing.

I disagree SOXY BOY
    I don’t have any sympathy for the Police in this particular tragic case whatsoever!!

I understand that there’s a protocol of not deemed missing unless over 48 hours but each individual case must be looked at surely on it’s own merits

In this case Five people were reported missing by their respective families

That’s beyond the “Norm”

Alarm bells were definitely ringing and the Police should have acted immediately

No doubt there’s going to be an inquiry but the Police’s Non Emergency Action in this case is glaringly poor judgement signed off by an officer further up the chain

I'd just like to pay my respects to the 3 young people that have lost their lives and hope the other 2 make a full recovery.
    They are the same age as my son I can't imagine what their families are going through.
    No judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'd just like to pay my respects to the 3 young people that have lost their lives and hope the other 2 make a full recovery.
    They are the same age as my son I can't imagine what their families are going through.
    No judgement.
    Well said. My eldest daughter is around the same age, just cant comprehend it. I was also young and dumb once, still am (well old and dumb), and made many a poor decision that with the benefit of hindsight and a bit of maturity realise they were extremly irresponsible, thankfully never paid with my life, or anyone elses.

I hope the two who are still alive pull through but the not being found for 48 hours cant have helped that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I disagree SOXY BOY
    I don’t have any sympathy for the Police in this particular tragic case whatsoever!!

I understand that there’s a protocol of not deemed missing unless over 48 hours but each individual case must be looked at surely on it’s own merits

In this case Five people were reported missing by their respective families

That’s beyond the “Norm”

Alarm bells were definitely ringing and the Police should have acted immediately

No doubt there’s going to be an inquiry but the Police’s Non Emergency Action in this case is glaringly poor judgement signed off by an officer further up the chain
    This is an absolutely tragic event and my thoughts go out to all the family and friends of the deceased and seriously injured. The way the vehicle ended up leaving the road is extremely unusual, I can't see how the police are being blamed yet nobody has addressed how the car ended up at it's final destination in the first place. It was,apparently, hidden from view