+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

International

Re: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Time and place boys and this is not it.

RIP and condolences to everyone concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Time and place boys and this is not it.

RIP and condolences to everyone concerned.
    I tend to agree. Obviously something went terribly wrong, but I don't know if you remember when a few clowns on here became aircraft engineers overnight, during the sala tragedy, yet none of them figured on carbon monoxide entering the cockpit. Whatever it is that has happened in this tragedy probably isn't going to sound too good, but the fact remains that people have lost their lives and this board is close to those people in terms of locality and community, so I really do think that we should all be careful with what we post.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    This is an absolutely tragic event and my thoughts go out to all the family and friends of the deceased and seriously injured. The way the vehicle ended up leaving the road is extremely unusual, I can't see how the police are being blamed yet nobody has addressed how the car ended up at it's final destination in the first place. It was,apparently, hidden from view
    The police are being blamed because they apparently didn't take any interest in searching for the missing people until just before the car was found.

Sunnysideup,
    We’ll have to agree to disagree, should the Police have dropped all the other incidents they have to deal with, when 5 young people go missing on a Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Sunnysideup,
    We’ll have to agree to disagree, should the Police have dropped all the other incidents they have to deal with, when 5 young people go missing on a Friday night?
    Aren’t the police continually dealing with various incidents simultaneously?

Sunnysideup,
    If it was my son/daughter that was missing then I'd want every police officer available to be searching for them but sadly this only tends to happen when it's involving an individual child or vulnerable person. In this case it's extremely unusual (on land) for 5 people to go missing simultaneously, which is why the police made the (wrong) decision they did.

Sunnysideup,
    What should it matter what they're age is and what night it happened?

I know I've not posted something people agree with myself, but I've posted it after things came to light (my first post is saying how awful it was)

Bit different from insinuating mind.

Why shouldn't the police want to look for young people just because they're missing on a weekend day? 5 separate people missing from 5 different families should ring a bell.

I’m just trying to say, that on weekends, I’d end up staying at friends houses without telling my parents.

I’m just trying to say, that on weekends, I’d end up staying at friends houses without telling my parents.
    I used to be flat out on weekends I'd go out for days at a time.

But aren't the police meant to just get on with what they're given and not make any judgement?

Otherwise if I were a serial killer I'd snatch people on a Friday night.. gives me until Monday to stay a few steps ahead of the police

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I used to be flat out on weekends I'd go out for days at a time.

But aren't the police meant to just get on with what they're given and not make any judgement?

Otherwise if I were a serial killer I'd snatch people on a Friday night.. gives me until Monday to stay a few steps ahead of the police
    I think that's what the police have assumed, wrongly, but the lack of manpower in South Wales police is worrying. They're spending so much time dealing with drug-related incidents on a day to day basis that what would previously have been thought of as a priority is way down their list of priorities. I work in Roath and the homeless problems here take up a lot of their time.

Also, don’t they have to deal with domestic abuse/violence a lot as well?

Also, don’t they have to deal with domestic abuse/violence a lot as well?
    They do, as well events like us vs the Wurzels, which took up a lot officers time on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Of course he did, it was akin to whispering the Christian name and first part of the surname, then bellowing out the second part of the surname. Disgusting.
    Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I think that's what the police have assumed, wrongly, but the lack of manpower in South Wales police is worrying. They're spending so much time dealing with drug-related incidents on a day to day basis that what would previously have been thought of as a priority is way down their list of priorities. I work in Roath and the homeless problems here take up a lot of their time.
    It's not great down there, I dropped my mate off a couple of weeks ago down there, off back down tonight to see him tonight as it goes, they're definitely spread thin.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Pathetic
    Yes, unfortunately you are.

Have u seen the amount of fireworks gone up tonight at the vigil?
    Did somebody raid a fireworks factory?
    Not meaning to be disrespectful, but f*ck me, I've paid bare dollars to take my kids to professional displays that have had far less over the years!
    Not a bad accumulation in 24 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Not meaning to be disrespectful, but f*ck me, I've paid bare dollars to take my kids to professional displays that have had far less over the years!
    People who,know people,

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Candles at vigils, yes - but fireworks?
    Is this a recent phenomenon?
    I don't ever recall having witnessed fireworks at vigils.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Maybe it's something the youngsters have come up recently.

Celebrating life maybe?

Maybe it's something the youngsters have come up recently.

Celebrating life maybe?
    A few quadbikes there aswell to celebrate their lives by revving engines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A few quadbikes there aswell to celebrate their lives by revving engines.
    Not something I'd understand but as long as that's what they were all happy with it's all that really matters I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I could hear that from my house - it seemed to go on for ages.

Not something I'd understand but as long as that's what they were all happy with it's all that really matters I suppose.
    Indeed. Similar to how a minutes silence has slowly morphed into a minutes applause in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Indeed. Similar to how a minutes silence has slowly morphed into a minutes applause in recent times.
    Morons often boo a minutes silence, but can't be heard over applause.
    I still think silence is more respectful - as long as it is observed properly.

Dreadful tragedy for those involved and their loved ones but I really wish people didn't release balloons. Where do they think they end up? You may as well throw some plastic into the sea while you're at it