+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Re: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Wank88. The rest of the story will come out,maybe could change your mind.
    It wont.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Everyone has theirthoughts of what the police shouldor shouldn't have done but look at it logically.

If 1 person goes missing and it is totally out of character then this may raise some concern. Questions may be asked about if the are classed as 'vulnerable'? Was there and previous incident which might set alarm bells ringing? Was there a fiht or a serious incidenttheat they may have been involved in rpior to their disappearance? do they have a history of violence or anything which may lead people to bear a grudge/ Many questions.

Thenaswer in this case is no to all. These people were not children. They have reached the age of mojority and they can come and go as they please. there was no report of any traffic accident, no one reported a wrecked vehicle, nothing.As some on here have admittec there have been times when they have not gone home for over 24 hours.
    If they were at a house party they could well have crashed out and then woken and carried on, it was the weekend, they may have been doing something they didn't want their families to know about (Almost certainly).
    The police do not automatically immediately start a full scale search for every single person who goes missing in UK. Ifthey did they would never do anything else.
    There was no reported accident, no suspected foul play and they were 5 adults. What is to investigate? After 2 o3 3 days or if they don't turn up for work on Monday maybe.
    My wife and I drove right passed the wreck on Sunday night, know the road well and saw nothing unusual because there was nothing to see.
    They may be people you knew or family of people you knew. They may have been lovely people. I have seen them described as clever and intelligent. They are/were clearly not very clever at all. They were each and every one the victim of his or her own action and no one is to blame but them.
    But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone must be to blame" Quire frankly its bullshit!
    I'm looking at it logically too. Throughout the Friday they were posting on social media about what they were doing. If as you propose, they were crashed out whilst at a house party, then carried on when they woke, why didn't they continue posting on social media. None of them were posting, none were responding to frantic messages from family and friends,none made contact. That's 5 phones - all of them not responding. For all not to respond should have rung alarm bells.
    It's not always about apportioning blame, it's also about authorities looking at their guidelines and learning how to significantly reduce the chances of a similar tragedy in the future.

According to this website 170,000 people are reported as missing in the UK per annum.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/for...ey-information

Everyone has theirthoughts of what the police shouldor shouldn't have done but look at it logically.

If 1 person goes missing and it is totally out of character then this may raise some concern. Questions may be asked about if the are classed as 'vulnerable'? Was there and previous incident which might set alarm bells ringing? Was there a fiht or a serious incidenttheat they may have been involved in rpior to their disappearance? do they have a history of violence or anything which may lead people to bear a grudge/ Many questions.

Thenaswer in this case is no to all. These people were not children. They have reached the age of mojority and they can come and go as they please. there was no report of any traffic accident, no one reported a wrecked vehicle, nothing.As some on here have admittec there have been times when they have not gone home for over 24 hours.
    If they were at a house party they could well have crashed out and then woken and carried on, it was the weekend, they may have been doing something they didn't want their families to know about (Almost certainly).
    The police do not automatically immediately start a full scale search for every single person who goes missing in UK. Ifthey did they would never do anything else.
    There was no reported accident, no suspected foul play and they were 5 adults. What is to investigate? After 2 o3 3 days or if they don't turn up for work on Monday maybe.
    My wife and I drove right passed the wreck on Sunday night, know the road well and saw nothing unusual because there was nothing to see.
    They may be people you knew or family of people you knew. They may have been lovely people. I have seen them described as clever and intelligent. They are/were clearly not very clever at all. They were each and every one the victim of his or her own action and no one is to blame but them.
    But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone must be to blame" Quire frankly its bullshit!
    And yet there you are, apportioning blame.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes a bigoted racist old kent, quite why he is allowed to spout his vile opinions on here I dont know. Him and LOM. Probably the same person.

I dare say as a couple of them were not "white", shall we say, he is highly delighted.
    Why do you have to bring colour into it, just to muddy the waters a bit more?
    What I stated is true. You may not like it but you starting with 'race' adds nothing except showing you will say anything to try to show the other person in a bad light but its clear you mentioned it first, if in fact its true

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    G'wan f*ck off

"Me and my wife drove past Sunday"

Yeah course you did, lying kent.
    Yes I did, I live in Llandaff and my wife is a care assitant in woodcroft in Trowbridge I drive past the place at least 3 times a week. You want to put your money where your mouth is?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What a heartless post.

There hasn't even been an investigation into what's happened - yet you have cracked the case and determined that they were all to blame for their death or injury.

Well done. You should feel proud of yourself.
    Who else is to blame? You might say the police should have looked for them but they got in the car. They had a choice not to.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm looking at it logically too. Throughout the Friday they were posting on social media about what they were doing. If as you propose, they were crashed out whilst at a house party, then carried on when they woke, why didn't they continue posting on social media. None of them were posting, none were responding to frantic messages from family and friends,none made contact. That's 5 phones - all of them not responding. For all not to respond should have rung alarm bells.
    It's not always about apportioning blame, it's also about authorities looking at their guidelines and learning how to significantly reduce the chances of a similar tragedy in the future.
    I get what you are saying about checking guidelines and learning from events and am not arguing with that. it does not alter the fact that they got in the car. When you see how often this happens shirley they must have had some idea of the possible consequences.

Three of the five families involved are wrestling with the possibility that their loved one could still have been alive had they been found earlier. Jesus Christ that must be horrific, their brains must be bloody fried. Of course we all know folk go missing regularly for all sorts of reasons but five at the same time, all social media savvy, the girls I’d imagine had their mobiles ‘welded’ to their hands, yet they’d gone off the radar completely. The actions of the police in this case are indefensible, something was obviously amiss yet the law chose to, more or less, ignore things.

I can’t imagine what the families are going through and pray they aren’t reading the ‘judge & jury’ posts that are flying around social media, it’s damn heartbreaking and bloody heartless of the keyboard theorists.

What a heartless post.

There hasn't even been an investigation into what's happened - yet you have cracked the case and determined that they were all to blame for their death or injury.

Well done. You should feel proud of yourself.
    Judging from where the car ended up, I think it's a reasonable assumption that someone was to blame.

Who else is to blame? You might say the police should have looked for them but they got in the car. They had a choice not to.
    I thought you said:

"But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone must be to blame" Quire frankly its bullshit!"

Yet you're the one who is pointing the blame without knowing all of the facts.

I don't pretend to know what happened to cause the tragic event.

I'm content to let an investigation take place to determine what happened and rest in the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with me anyway.

International

I thought you said:

"But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone must be to blame" Quire frankly its bullshit!"

Yet you're the one who is pointing the blame without knowing all of the facts.

I don't pretend to know what happened to cause the tragic event.

I'm content to let an investigation take place to determine what happened and rest in the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with me anyway.
    I think what I meant is quite obvious. Lets clarify it by adding the word else
    "But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone else must be to blame". Is that clearer?

I think what I meant is quite obvious. Lets clarify it by adding the word else
    "But in the country today it seems when something happens "Someone else must be to blame". Is that clearer?
    It's clearer but not much of a differential between the two outcomes.

I'm not going to get dragged any further into debating this. It's in very poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Judging from where the car ended up, I think it's a reasonable assumption that someone was to blame.
    Maybe something mechanical failed on the car? Perhaps there’s a few of us driving around in a car with a ‘hidden’ defect that’ll only come to light in an engine failure, a breakdown, a minor bump or the next MOT. Let’s hope it’s a decent, thorough and unbiased inquest.

I get what you are saying about checking guidelines and learning from events and am not arguing with that. it does not alter the fact that they got in the car. When you see how often this happens shirley they must have had some idea of the possible consequences.
    Enquiries aren't about assuming the outcome then finding the evidence to suit your assumption.
    There's 2 elements here - what led to the crash and what happened afterwards. The second element could have made a massive difference to the outcome of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Three of the five families involved are wrestling with the possibility that their loved one could still have been alive had they been found earlier. Jesus Christ that must be horrific, their brains must be bloody fried. Of course we all know folk go missing regularly for all sorts of reasons but five at the same time, all social media savvy, the girls I’d imagine had their mobiles ‘welded’ to their hands, yet they’d gone off the radar completely. The actions of the police in this case are indefensible, something was obviously amiss yet the law chose to, more or less, ignore things.

I can’t imagine what the families are going through and pray they aren’t reading the ‘judge & jury’ posts that are flying around social media, it’s damn heartbreaking and bloody heartless of the keyboard theorists.
    2 in the front dead on impact, which makes a bit of sense.

Either way it's not nice for the families.

If Three 20 year old girls were not seen on social media for 20 minutes I’d be concerned.
    I wonder why they couldn’t track their phones….surely they all had one?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    If Three 20 year old girls were not seen on social media for 20 minutes I’d be concerned.
    Battery ran out?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Battery ran out?
    All 3 ?

Didn’t the Police receive the first call at half 7, Saturday night, possibly 16/17 hours after the accident happened ? The most important thing about this, is that if any mistakes were made by the Police, that the policies in place,are changed in dealing with a report of missing persons.

All 3 ?

I've got an android battery lasts ages,but depending on what phones they had (a lot of kids go iPhone) the batteries aren't great on them and heavy social media use like Snapchat etc will drain them.

Doesn’t it take 24 hrs for police to get that info from phone companies? As they weren’t kids I guess they dont give their parents access to see where they are going on the weekends either which is why no parents had a clue where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doesn’t it take 24 hrs for police to get that info from phone companies? As they weren’t kids I guess they dont give their parents access to see where they are going on the weekends either which is why no parents had a clue where they were.
    I’m not sure about the 24hr rule, but with Snapchat…find my phone apps….etc. I thought tracing a phone these days was pretty straightforward.

I’m not sure about the 24hr rule, but with Snapchat…find my phone apps….etc. I thought tracing a phone these days was pretty straightforward.
    With battery.

Find my phone and any app with sharing only share your location with people you've chosen to share it with, and the delay in getting info from any app provider probably would have made it useless in this scenario, especially over the weekend if you assume there may have been some process up to and including a warrant needed. I think lots of people would have a number of issues with SWP being able to get your current location via your phone with no notice, although presumably there are other government agencies who can.

I do sympathize with the police here while also recognizing it must be absolutely heartbreaking for the families. People especially of a certain age do tend go off the radar for long periods of time, the police don't have the resources to investigate each one without mitigating circumstances. With hindsight you can say maybe this one with 5 active social media users in each others company all going offline at the same time should have been considered a bigger issue, but equally we have no idea what info was available to them at the time, what procedure was followed, how coordinated the family reachouts were etc... I think until there's an official report there's a lot of jumping to conclusions being made right now.