+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: While our eyes are on dingy crisis Rishi slips bill through the back door

Re: While our eyes are on dingy crisis Rishi slips bill through the back door

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    of course they can they have a significant majority.

no. the viable alternative is not treating everyone as a criminal, assuming innocence and treating them with dignity and compassion.

who knows, but we cannot comment on what Labour may or may not do when the Tories are in charge and are making the decisions that are literally killing people.
    Point One is a reference to courts and international treaties etc

Point Two - they aren't treated like criminals, but their claims have to be assessed.

Point Three - we can comment on them, when the conversation is about the best way to deal with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Point Two - they aren't treated like criminals, but their claims have to be assessed.

Point Three - we can comment on them, when the conversation is about the best way to deal with the issue.
    https://youtu.be/UpZAS0yqkJM

Clearly we don't know this guys full story, and I wish him all the best, but it is a fact that all citizens of the world are now treated equally and the more qualified you are the easier it is to come to the UK.
    Germany (part of the EU) let in 1m Syrian refugees. The UK struggles to let in 1 doctor.

I'd say you're talking utter bollocks.

Germany (part of the EU) let in 1m Syrian refugees. The UK struggles to let in 1 doctor.

I'd say you're talking utter bollocks.
    Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've read on CCMB. So far today at least!

If we're still beholden to courts and international treaties, then what was the point of Brexit?

In respect of assessing claims, this particular case I am referring to is 17 months in the making. 17 long months a family have been separated.

Finally, the best way to deal with the issue is to show compassion and not assume everyone is a criminal. This is sadly lacking from the current government.

Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've read on CCMB. So far today at least!
    German Syrians

The number of Syrians in Germany was estimated at around 800,000 people in March 2021, making it the third largest community of foreign nationals (after Turks and Poles). The population consists mainly of refugees of the Syrian Civil War, which began in the 2010s
    In respect of the UK, the barber's wife is still in Syria, and is unable to enter until the application has been processed. Thus far it has taken 17 months.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinions, facts will always remain facts.

Explain please

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Explain please
    Because this is a big and complex issue and using anecdotal evidence isn't always the best way to investigate it. Like is unemployment was falling but I said "well I know someone who can't get a job", it doesn't really mean that this is reflective of the wider picture.

We would all agree on speeding the process up. The NHS has thousands upon thousands of foreign born doctors, so we don't know the reason for this specific example. I wish HiVis's friend all the best though. A well functioning asylum policy that the public have faith in is very important.

Because this is a big and complex issue and using anecdotal evidence isn't always the best way to investigate it. Like is unemployment was falling but I said "well I know someone who can't get a job", it doesn't really mean that this is reflective of the wider picture.

We would all agree on speeding the process up. The NHS has thousands upon thousands of foreign born doctors, so we don't know the reason for this specific example. I wish HiVis's friend all the best though. A well functioning asylum policy that the public have faith in is very important.
    Given the incumbent government have had 12 years to look at the process, when can we expect to see an impact that their policies are supposed to make?

Your answer is a cop out and typical of a politician who says they won't comment on real life cases, or that they don't know the facts. Policies and their implementation impact the lives of real people, therefore it is correct that we discuss real people, and how policies have impacted them.

The current policy is a shambles of a farce, in respect of their approach to inward migration, the government are bereft of any kind of direction. Brexit has not made one bit of difference.

First Team

Mendacious nonsense.

I know someone who is a barber - he is from Syria. He is a civil engineer by profession, with many years experience, speaks Arabic, Kurdish, Turkish and English. His wife and children are still in Syria and cannot get residency in the UK. His wife is a doctor.

He wants to go back to Syria but he cannot until Assad regime is removed.

If you think the best qualified can get into the UK you're very much mistaken. We have a man who is very clearly well educated but is cutting hair (because in his words any job is better than no job (and this is no disrespect meant to barbers and hairdressers)), his wife who could immediately contribute to help alleviate the growing NHS problem (created by the incumbent government), but instead we have a completely unfit system that is entirely the fault of the current government.
    Jimbo likes lying. He spent hours last week fibbing about what Lineker tweeted to fit his narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Jimbo likes lying. He spent hours last week fibbing about what Lineker tweeted to fit his narrative.
    What fibs did he tell about Lineker's tweet then?

Again, irony seems to be something incomprehensible to you, because it is you that is lying here. Lineker is under investigation by HMRC. You may not have heard James O'Brien or some other loons talk about it but it doesn't make it untrue

First Team

Again, irony seems to be something incomprehensible to you, because it is you that is lying here. Lineker is under investigation by HMRC. You may not have heard James O'Brien or some other loons talk about it but it doesn't make it untrue
    You keep tripping over your estimation of your ego. You have the same understanding of the word "irony" as Alanis.

And James O'Brien a "loon"? Idiotic statement. Get back to work.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What fibs did he tell about Lineker's tweet then?
    Jimbo is a of course paragon of authenticity.

Just to be clear, Jimbo, I'm being sarcastic here.

You keep tripping over your estimation of your ego. You have the same understanding of the word "irony" as Alanis.

And James O'Brien a "loon"? Idiotic statement. Get back to work.
    Well it is ironic when someone accuses someone of lying and in doing so is themselves lying.

Ha, I knew you would be a James O'Brien fanboy! 😂

People will note that you didn't answer his question.

"No answer came the stern reply"

You've ignored mine again on the BBC lefties thread.

I'm starting to think that you're just not that into me.

First Team

Really? See the Lineker thread. Numerous people pointed out his repeated attempts to lie and lie and lie about what Lineker tweeted.

First Team

You've forgotten all your lies? Awesome - forgetful and mendacious.

James misconstrued Gary Lineker's tweet to claim that he was comparing the government & its policies to the Nazis.

It may or may not have been a lie as that implies purposeful intent to deceive.

I don't know if James genuinely believes what he wrote.

He and AZ City seem to have some issues though, so the language and accusations seem to get escalated quite a bit.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    James misconstrued Gary Lineker's tweet to claim that he was comparing the government & its policies to the Nazis.

He and AZ City seem to have some issues though, so the language and accusations seem to get escalated quite a bit.
    No issue with Jimbo except he's a liar.

No issue with Jimbo except he's a liar.
    Jesus, I would love to know how you behave towards anyone you do have an issue with!

Again, people will note that you provide no evidence for your conclusion above, which is why you Mr Irony on here now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

So, in your opinion James "misconstrued" what Gary Lineker said in his tweet, by thinking that Lineker was comparing Government policies to the Nazis.

What Lineker actually said was that the Governments immigration policy was -

"An immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s.”

Now I don't think James is alone in believing that when Germany in the 30's is mentioned, it can, (in my view quite justifiably) be linked to the Nazis who,after all were in power from 1933 throughout the rest of the 30's (and of course from then until May 1945). Can you really then dissociate the language of the Nazi's from their actions which followed?

I'm not sure why AZ City calls James a liar over this when all he is doing is expressing an alternative view of the meaning of what Lineker said than some on here.

Oh and by the way those well known right wingers Emily Thornberry and Yvette Cooper also criticised Gary Lineker for his comparisons with 1930's Germany.

There is a better comparison to the 30's than to Germany and that is to the restrictive immigration policies followed by the UK and many other Eurpean countries ( as well as the USA and Canada) in the 30's toward the Jewish people.

That is another whole discussion though.

So, in your opinion James "misconstrued" what Gary Lineker said in his tweet, by thinking that Lineker was comparing Government policies to the Nazis.

What Lineker actually said was that the Governments immigration policy was -

"An immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s.”

Now I don't think James is alone in believing that when Germany in the 30's is mentioned, it can, (in my view quite justifiably) be linked to the Nazis who,after all were in power from 1933 throughout the rest of the 30's (and of course from then until May 1945). Can you really then dissociate the language of the Nazi's from their actions which followed?

I'm not sure why AZ City calls James a liar over this when all he is doing is expressing an alternative view of the meaning of what Lineker said than some on here.

Oh and by the way those well known right wingers Emily Thornberry and Yvette Cooper also criticised Gary Lineker for his comparisons with 1930's Germany.

There is a better comparison to the 30's than to Germany and that is to the restrictive immigration policies followed by the UK and many other Eurpean countries ( as well as the USA and Canada) in the 30's toward the Jewish people.

That is another whole discussion though.
    Now James is on record as saying "They are accusing someone or something of being like one of the greatest mass murdering regimes in history" and "when you make lazy references to the holocaust, world war 2, Hitler, Nazis etc, then you are playing with fire really, and people are bound to take umbridge".

He also said there was no comparison between Germany in the 30s because the people being dehumanized by language then were being persecuted and trying to flee the country whilst many of the people being dehumanized by language now were persecuted and fled their country seeking refuge on our shores.

In my opinion that is misconstruing Lineker's tweet but then opinions are usually free so I can see how you reached yours.

For what it is worth I saw no evidence of James lying.