+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand and other fantasists

Russell Brand and other fantasists

A good article (in my opinion) by George Monbiot on the evolution of Brand into a poster boy of far right conspiracy fans - like a few on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...responsibility

The line that resonates most with me is: 'bizarre stories about shadowy “elites” protect real elites from scrutiny and challenge'.

Which I think is the main purpose of all this shit. All these cult members and YouTube groupies following the Steve Bannon playbook. Mad, bad and sad!

Re: Russell Brand and other fantasists

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A good article (in my opinion) by George Monbiot on the evolution of Brand into a poster boy of far right conspiracy fans - like a few on here.

The line that resonates most with me is: 'bizarre stories about shadowy “elites” protect real elites from scrutiny and challenge'.

Which I think is the main purpose of all this shit. All these cult members and YouTube groupies following the Steve Bannon playbook. Mad, bad and sad!
    I don't think there's any purpose or strategy behind any of this, beyond these people start to gain popularity and income from pedalling this nonsense so they lean into it , I'm sure half of them don't even really believe this shite

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think there's any purpose or strategy behind any of this, beyond these people start to gain popularity and income from pedalling this nonsense so they lean into it , I'm sure half of them don't even really believe this shite
    This is very much my view. They're just grifters, often earning a very tidy living off the backs of the gullible.

We obviously have a couple of posters here who have fallen for this shite and, as I keep saying, they should be ignored for their own sakes as well as the rest of us.

Remove the attention and they'll fade away.

What you going to do when you've got a Digital ID, CBDC, live in a 15 minute city, and you're being monitored 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What you going to do when you've got a Digital ID, CBDC, live in a 15 minute city, and you're being monitored 24/7?
    In have got several forms of digital ID already, and they are convenient. I pay all of my bills and manage my bank and credit card accounts online for instant access and greater control. I have learned to accept the expansion of CCTV, but it is not the technology that bothers me. I live in Sheffield which aspires to be one of hundreds of 15 Minute Cities, with self sufficient neighbourhoods and reduced pollution, which (if done well and with majority consent) has always seemed to me to be a good thing!

So what I'm going to do is carry on as now. I will continue to oppose the efforts of the Old World Order to enrich themselves at the expense of the majority of humanity. I will not follow you and the other smug cult members into promoting far right fantasies and carpet bombing the board with infantile and dangerous nonsense. The only upside is that apart from Organ (who now has the world's largest stash of Spam and gets out to harass beer garden drinkers when he's not shouting at traffic lights) none of you ever 'do' anything either. Just spray your paranoid inventions around like an incontinent child, and then dodge and deflect when challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    This is very much my view. They're just grifters, often earning a very tidy living off the backs of the gullible.

We obviously have a couple of posters here who have fallen for this shite and, as I keep saying, they should be ignored for their own sakes as well as the rest of us.

Remove the attention and they'll fade away.
    The head grifter? Maybe not any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

In have got several forms of digital ID already.
    Can they turn off what can buy and decide where you can go?

Am in two minds on this really.

Firstly, without doubt Russell Brand is a fine comedian who has clearly drifted off into the YouTube sphere in recent years and dabbles with various the conspiracy theories. However, Ii would say that this is also an accusation (YouTube aside) I would throw #at George Monbiot. His back catalogue of opinion pieces is full of divisive tropes about how the government are hell bent on destroying the environment / economy/democracy etc. It's mostly bollocks and they both share the growing trait that presents extreme positions and uses very selective evidence to illustrate it. This is something that's been growing since the 2008 global crisis and the rise of social media and Covid gave it a huge shot in the arm..no pun intended..

Monbiots back catalogue here: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/georgemonbiot

I used to like Russell Brand. I went off him when he went all Corbyny around 2015, which George Monbiot (positively) references in the article. Since then I've found him increasingly radical across the political spectrum, and for example, I just listened to his last video on YouTube (the first time I ever gave) and he's deploying left-wing tropes more than anything else really. In that sense, I do think what we are seeing is something across the spectrum and as I say I think both protagonists in this thread contribute to it. It's a general mistrust of power.

Back catalogue here: https://m.youtube.com/@RussellBrand

In his defence, I do think there is scope for a real analysis of how quickly govts took some of our freedoms in covid and how necessary they were, and it's important we truly find out the value of masks, the effects of the vaccine and the cause of the pandemic. There is nothing wrong with doing that and we should all be finding out these questions.

Also, I do have real concerns about things like a cashless society, mental health and social fabric impacts of working from home, some aspects of the green movement etc which I do think it's important to soberly consider.

In all honesty, people like Monbiot and Brand are both cut from the same cloth for me. We can learn something from listening to them both, and both will make valid points within the volcano of information that spray out but it's better off listening to both of them or neither of them really

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Am in two minds on this really.

Firstly, without doubt Russell Brand is a fine comedian who has clearly drifted off into the YouTube sphere in recent years and dabbles with various the conspiracy theories. However, Ii would say that this is also an accusation (YouTube aside) I would throw #at George Monbiot. His back catalogue of opinion pieces is full of divisive tropes about how the government are hell bent on destroying the environment / economy/democracy etc. It's mostly bollocks and they both share the growing trait that presents extreme positions and uses very selective evidence to illustrate it. This is something that's been growing since the 2008 global crisis and the rise of social media and Covid gave it a huge shot in the arm..no pun intended..

Monbiots back catalogue here: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/georgemonbiot

I used to like Russell Brand. I went off him when he went all Corbyny around 2015, which George Monbiot (positively) references in the article. Since then I've found him increasingly radical across the political spectrum, and for example, I just listened to his last video on YouTube (the first time I ever gave) and he's deploying left-wing tropes more than anything else really. In that sense, I do think what we are seeing is something across the spectrum and as I say I think both protagonists in this thread contribute to it. It's a general mistrust of power.

Back catalogue here: https://m.youtube.com/@RussellBrand

In his defence, I do think there is scope for a real analysis of how quickly govts took some of our freedoms in covid and how necessary they were, and it's important we truly find out the value of masks, the effects of the vaccine and the cause of the pandemic. There is nothing wrong with doing that and we should all be finding out these questions.

Also, I do have real concerns about things like a cashless society, mental health and social fabric impacts of working from home, some aspects of the green movement etc which I do think it's important to soberly consider.

In all honesty, people like Monbiot and Brand are both cut from the same cloth for me. We can learn something from listening to them both, and both will make valid points within the volcano of information that spray out but it's better off listening to both of them or neither of them really
    That's what I think anyway. No doubt to some it makes me either Tory Scum or a Globalist and member of the WEF.

It's just a cycle they are going through.

In have got several forms of digital ID already, and they are convenient. I pay all of my bills and manage my bank and credit card accounts online for instant access and greater control. I have learned to accept the expansion of CCTV, but it is not the technology that bothers me. I live in Sheffield which aspires to be one of hundreds of 15 Minute Cities, with self sufficient neighbourhoods and reduced pollution, which (if done well and with majority consent) has always seemed to me to be a good thing!

So what I'm going to do is carry on as now. I will continue to oppose the efforts of the Old World Order to enrich themselves at the expense of the majority of humanity. I will not follow you and the other smug cult members into promoting far right fantasies and carpet bombing the board with infantile and dangerous nonsense. The only upside is that apart from Organ (who now has the world's largest stash of Spam and gets out to harass beer garden drinkers when he's not shouting at traffic lights) none of you ever 'do' anything either. Just spray your paranoid inventions around like an incontinent child, and then dodge and deflect when challenged.
    Nice post Jon.

Lads, if it provides you with solace carry on believing in fake wars, fake money, fake moon landings, fake terrorist organisations, fake political divides, fake viruses, fake vaccines and fake epidemics. You will remain among the great majority.

“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”: former CIA director, William Casey.

Did CIA Director William Casey really say, "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false"? https://www.quora.com/Did-CIA-Direct...ieves-is-false

'I will continue to oppose the efforts of the Old World Order...'

By continuing to obey, conform and submit while punctuated by appearing on your doorstep to applaud on cue. What a hero!

Among my 'spam' is a great many PDF versions of published books.

I've linked to quite a few down the years, including The Creature from Jeckyll Island (banking, usury, the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank in the US, which isn't federal but privately owned, etc), War is a Racket that concerns why wars are manufactured and who profits from them, The Committee of 300 which claims 300 people run the world from the shadows which delegates to Chatham House and the Club of Rome to coordinate and enforce its edicts.

I'll add another today, Eleanor McBean's 1957 tome The Poisoned Needle.

https://ia802503.us.archive.org/10/i...-%20McBean.pdf

That McBean book takes a hammer to vaccines.

It's child's play to deceive the public as fearmongering and brainwashing with inaccurate information is highly effective. It's possible to convince most that any old crap is true providing the message is repeated enough times.

Some days back I got involved again with another poster who knows absolutely sod all about viruses and has no inclination to. The latest spat involved Spanish Flu from over a century ago.

I intended to link him this 5-minute video which described experiments conducted then to infect people (and horses) who they believed had Spanish Flu to those who didn't. Every attempt failed: Experiments with Spanish Influenza, 1918-1919 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9EIwo6hA6c

Here's a page detailing more failed experiments from then - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2862332/

The link above is to a National Institute of Health webpage. The NIH is an official US government agency.

What's further below is pasted from within that article (it's found by scrolling two-thirds down the page). It knocks the notion of person-to person transmission on its arse for so-called Spanish Flu, and with it every other fake communicable virus.

They knew full well over 100 years ago it was impossible for people to infect one another, and yet they had them to mask up, just like they did with CV19, purely to increase the fear factor and to get themselves needled.

There was no communicable virus then, just as there are no communicable viruses now. There are various toxins and other nasties that a person's immune system reacts to which makes them sick (research Terrain Theory), that's what Flu really is. (But every year Flu season always coincides with Flu needles going into the arms of the chronically ignorant.)

This can occur from manufactured vaccines, food poisoning, poor water quality, electrical interference, and a welter of other incongruent factors that make the body ill. What we're constantly told are viruses from this, that and the other is in reality the body's attempt to heal itself from one or a combination of the above.

Pretending non-existent viruses exist has been a fantastic money spinner for big pharma. It has paid off on the front end with payment for the initial injection(s) and on the back end too many years later with their treatments to combat conditions which their wholly unnecessary slow poisons were designed to cause. Cancer cases were virtually unknown before 1900.

From the article:

- Perhaps the most interesting epidemiological studies conducted during the 1918–1919 pandemic were the human experiments conducted by the Public Health Service and the U.S. Navy under the supervision of Milton Rosenau on Gallops Island, the quarantine station in Boston Harbor, and on Angel Island, its counterpart in San Francisco. The experiment began with 100 volunteers from the Navy who had no history of influenza.

Rosenau was the first to report on the experiments conducted at Gallops Island in November and December 1918.69 His first volunteers received first one strain and then several strains of Pfeiffer's bacillus by spray and swab into their noses and throats and then into their eyes. When that procedure failed to produce disease, others were inoculated with mixtures of other organisms isolated from the throats and noses of influenza patients. Next, some volunteers received injections of blood from influenza patients. Finally, 13 of the volunteers were taken into an influenza ward and exposed to 10 influenza patients each.

Each volunteer was to shake hands with each patient, to talk with him at close range, and to permit him to cough directly into his face. None of the volunteers in these experiments developed influenza. Rosenau was clearly puzzled, and he cautioned against drawing conclusions from negative results. He ended his article in JAMA with a telling acknowledgement: “We entered the outbreak with a notion that we knew the cause of the disease, and were quite sure we knew how it was transmitted from person to person. Perhaps, if we have learned anything, it is that we are not quite sure what we know about the disease.”69 (p. 313)

The research conducted at Angel Island and that continued in early 1919 in Boston broadened this research by inoculating with the Mathers streptococcus and by including a search for filter-passing agents, but it produced similar negative results.70–72 It seemed that what was acknowledged to be one of the most contagious of communicable diseases could not be transferred under experimental conditions. -

To be honest - the Guardian is as fair as the daily mail when it comes to a balanced view point (and no that is not anyone's cue to try jumping on either end of the band wagon)

Brand - well after what he and Ross did to poor Andrew Sach's grand daughter by outing her - he comes across as not a very likeable character. Other than nice hair and well kept beard - not that's a judge of anything....

A possible explanation for Russell Brand’s change of emphasis in recent years.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2022/..._£2m_in_a_year

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A possible explanation for Russell Brand’s change of emphasis in recent years.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2022/..._£2m_in_a_year
    Same grift as that Vernon Coleman rant that Organ Morgan posted a transcript of. These guys are mining a massive seam of gullibility. Coleman knew his covid/antivaxx hits were drying up so hey presto a full court press on The Great Reset and all conspiracy nonsense in between appears.

Still if it plays to the self esteem of people without gifts to make them think they have gifts, then what's the harm?

Now that is a question for another day!

Playing devils advocate, what event or sequence of events would make you question any of this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Same grift as that Vernon Coleman rant that Organ Morgan posted a transcript of. These guys are mining a massive seam of gullibility. Coleman knew his covid/antivaxx hits were drying up so hey presto a full court press on The Great Reset and all conspiracy nonsense in between appears.

Still if it plays to the self esteem of people without gifts to make them think they have gifts, then what's the harm?

Now that is a question for another day!
    People do get things wrong. I remember a hardcore group on here who were totally convinced that Trump Russia collusion was a real thing, and Hunter's laptop was simply a case of Russian propaganda. So zero red flags regarding the MSM narrative always being right?

The Fox emails from the Dominion court case would suggest that you are absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Fox emails from the Dominion court case would suggest that you are absolutely correct.
    I was surprised when you didn't change your username after spreading lies and propaganda on here for 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I was surprised when you didn't change your username after spreading lies and propaganda on here for 5 years
    now now wales bales lets not upset the elite on here

back to Russell i,m 50 50 on his pod casts .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In his defence, I do think there is scope for a real analysis of how quickly govts took some of our freedoms in covid and how necessary they were
    Meanwhile in Western Autralia..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-McGowan.html

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    now now wales bales lets not upset the elite on here
    The elite on here have very short memories!