+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand and other fantasists

Re: Russell Brand and other fantasists

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You seem to be advocating open borders. You sure you have all your narrative shit together?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem to be advocating open borders. You sure you have all your narrative shit together?
    How can there be open borders when everybody entering Australia passes through immigration & passports, and undergoes a customs check!

How can there be open borders when everybody entering Australia passes through immigration & passports, and undergoes a customs check!
    A bit like Schengen then!

A bit like Schengen then!
    It could be if Australia was made up of different countries!!

It could be if Australia was made up of different countries!!
    So explain your issue with the territorial decision of Western Australia. Apparently pre-Brexit we had no choice to go along with EUSSR land decisions. Bizarrely during covid, the borderless Schengen countries reintroduced border controls as was permitted. Presumably in WA they did the same. Bloody ironic that Schengen has gone back to borderless travel but a bit of the freedom hugging world you pine for, with its CPTPP and all that, is putting borders within its own country, don't you think?

People do get things wrong. I remember a hardcore group on here who were totally convinced that Trump Russia collusion was a real thing, and Hunter's laptop was simply a case of Russian propaganda. So zero red flags regarding the MSM narrative always being right?
    Russell Brand is controlled opposition in my opinion and usually he makes outlandish statements to cover over some stories that are probably fact just to lessen the credibility.

Imagine what things we don’t know and are kept from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Russell Brand is controlled opposition in my opinion and usually he makes outlandish statements to cover over some stories that are probably fact just to lessen the credibility.

Imagine what things we don’t know and are kept from the public.
    Ah the intellectual plateau has spoken!

Ah the intellectual plateau has spoken!
    Wow thanks for the compliment, appreciated

That's the thing about reaching an intellectual plateau, you think that was a compliment!

That's the thing about reaching an intellectual plateau, you think that was a compliment!
    Ah I’m obviously too dumb to realise, not sure why you bother with the thicko’s , no good for your online cred.

Ah I’m obviously too dumb to realise, not sure why you bother with the thicko’s , no good for your online cred.
    I didn't say thick. I said that the franchise such as Ronnie, you and pipster seem to be on exactly the same intellectual plateau, no higher , no lower, capiche ?

I didn't say thick. I said that the franchise such as Ronnie, you and pipster seem to be on exactly the same intellectual plateau, no higher , no lower, capiche ?
    No idea on them ,perhaps it’s just a bit of wind down time after a busy day with work and looking after family matters, nothing more for me I’m afraid.
    Just for reference incase you’re not aware, this is a messageboard and, believe it or not, gives rise to opinions. Some are extreme; some are nonsensical; some are critical the odd post is fact.

So explain your issue with the territorial decision of Western Australia. Apparently pre-Brexit we had no choice to go along with EUSSR land decisions. Bizarrely during covid, the borderless Schengen countries reintroduced border controls as was permitted. Presumably in WA they did the same. Bloody ironic that Schengen has gone back to borderless travel but a bit of the freedom hugging world you pine for, with its CPTPP and all that, is putting borders within its own country, don't you think?
    The village where I live introduced border controls, but so far they haven't repurposed any covid legislation to make our post-covid lives better.

The village where I live introduced border controls, but so far they haven't repurposed any covid legislation to make our post-covid lives better.
    Like most things you post, that's not true though is it? Now have a better go on why you are appalled why freedom loving Aussies do border checks and the EUSSR don't have any.

3VL always beats 2VL, especially when cognitive bias is taken into account, as 2VL has no place to park the indeterminants.

3VL always beats 2VL, especially when cognitive bias is taken into account, as 2VL has no place to park the indeterminants.
    Who thought it would be that easy!

Who thought it would be that easy!
    What would you know, your cognitive bias always pushes you to the same media sources for truth v cs outcomes.

What would you know, your cognitive bias always pushes you to the same media sources for truth v cs outcomes.
    How true. Just like someone without original thought goes to Google for light when starting with a thirst to say cognative bias and ending with some drivel.

Anyway, and this is exhausting, you posted something about how Western Australia is restricting its citizens using the laws they brought in for covid to trap drug mules. I was asking why you are appalled why freedom loving Aussies do border checks and the EUSSR don't have any. Is Brexit working as you predicted?

How true. Just like someone without original thought goes to Google for light when starting with a thirst to say cognative bias and ending with some drivel.

Anyway, and this is exhausting, you posted something about how Western Australia is restricting its citizens using the laws they brought in for covid to trap drug mules. I was asking why you are appalled why freedom loving Aussies do border checks and the EUSSR don't have any. Is Brexit working as you predicted?
    It's time to admit that you weren't the smartest person in the Abermiddleoffeckingnowhere village.

It's time to admit that you weren't the smartest person in the Abermiddleoffeckingnowhere village.
    How true. Just like someone without original thought disparages Abertridwr

How true. Just like someone without original thought disparages Abertridwr
    I was just quoting Organ.

I was just quoting Organ.
    You think Organ lacks original thought? Have you let him know?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Am in two minds on this really.

Firstly, without doubt Russell Brand is a fine comedian who has clearly drifted off into the YouTube sphere in recent years and dabbles with various the conspiracy theories. However, Ii would say that this is also an accusation (YouTube aside) I would throw #at George Monbiot. His back catalogue of opinion pieces is full of divisive tropes about how the government are hell bent on destroying the environment / economy/democracy etc. It's mostly bollocks and they both share the growing trait that presents extreme positions and uses very selective evidence to illustrate it. This is something that's been growing since the 2008 global crisis and the rise of social media and Covid gave it a huge shot in the arm..no pun intended..

Monbiots back catalogue here: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/georgemonbiot

I used to like Russell Brand. I went off him when he went all Corbyny around 2015, which George Monbiot (positively) references in the article. Since then I've found him increasingly radical across the political spectrum, and for example, I just listened to his last video on YouTube (the first time I ever gave) and he's deploying left-wing tropes more than anything else really. In that sense, I do think what we are seeing is something across the spectrum and as I say I think both protagonists in this thread contribute to it. It's a general mistrust of power.

Back catalogue here: https://m.youtube.com/@RussellBrand

In his defence, I do think there is scope for a real analysis of how quickly govts took some of our freedoms in covid and how necessary they were, and it's important we truly find out the value of masks, the effects of the vaccine and the cause of the pandemic. There is nothing wrong with doing that and we should all be finding out these questions.

Also, I do have real concerns about things like a cashless society, mental health and social fabric impacts of working from home, some aspects of the green movement etc which I do think it's important to soberly consider.

In all honesty, people like Monbiot and Brand are both cut from the same cloth for me. We can learn something from listening to them both, and both will make valid points within the volcano of information that spray out but it's better off listening to both of them or neither of them really
    So you don't like Gary Lineker, Clive Lewis, George Monbiot, Stephen Flynn inter alia that I can recall you telling us all recently.

I wonder what they've all got in common?

Does the Council know you're on here all day every day rather than doing some planning?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    So you don't like Gary Lineker, Clive Lewis, George Monbiot, Stephen Flynn inter alia that I can recall you telling us all recently.

Does the Council know you're on here all day every day rather than doing some planning?
    Grass - hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

I'm sure he's mentioned he doesn't like James O'Brien too. However, I must have got that wrong because no one dislikes James O'Brien; he's one of life's saner mortals