+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well, today I learned that three word political slogans do actually work.
    "Stop the boats"?
    Maybe it's starting to work, finally. Long way to go though

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You attack everybody and accuse them of being right-wing Sludge, when they don't "conform" like nice little people, you've been doing it on here for years.

Nobody mentioned Lineker and housing in the same sentence, but you know damn well that Lineker doesn't want restrictions on the boats coming in, he's as good as said as much.

Let me ask you one simple question.

Do YOU think it's right, that Welsh born families are on housing lists for many YEARS, while having to watch foreign immigrants take local council houses within weeks or months of being here?
    You were the one who said Lineker wants every Tom dick and Harry let in

Not me

Either you are right wing or you are just right wing on this subject

There is lots wrong with uk housing policy but blaming it on refugees and migrants , which is what you are doing , is what Lineker is criticising

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Has he said he wants that?
    No , he hasn't

Ninja has said that

Thank god he's not a famous sports presenter

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    he has his walker crisps millions to fall back on.
    I bet he made a packet from crisps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    I bet he made a packet from crisps.
    No need for salty comments like that

He disagrees with the policy of stopping the boats.
    What on earth else, do you think he's saying?!
    He's clearly not saying let every Tom dick and Harry in

That's for certain

That sort of language is for daily mail , sun readers and feckwits down the pub half pissed

Calling for a better and more organised policy regarding refugees , asylum seekers and the issue of immigration is good for everyone

But that's not what the Tories are all about and I hope that in thinking for yourself as you put it you don't end up voting for the twats

"Stop the boats"?
    Maybe it's starting to work, finally. Long way to go though
    Well you have fallen for it

Bring out your dead !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You were the one who said Lineker wants every Tom dick and Harry let in

Not me

Either you are right wing or you are just right wing on this subject

There is lots wrong with uk housing policy but blaming it on refugees and migrants , which is what you are doing , is what Lineker is criticising
    I am not right wing you banana 🍌
    Yet anyone who disagrees with your overtly "PC" pushing, apparently is! Can you not see that ffs?
    You're a good poster Sludge, as is Bob, I have respect for you both.
    Have respect though, for the fact that not everybody is leftist, or PC, and just willing to put up with this shit.

I'll link a couple of articles that I've read today, they've literally just popped up on my social media. Bearing in mind, these don't even include the hundreds of thousands of illegals that cross, set up shop growing shit-tons of weed in vacant properties etc. Or the criminal gangs that don't go down the "official" immigration route etc, etc, etc...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2153048.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2210968.html

Do you think this shit is right?
    That we (as a country) are spending BILLIONS to keep these people housed in hotels that are a better standard of living than most UK homes?
    With their own menu's designed to cater for their tastes ffs? (And this had been confirmed!)

It's beyond ridonculous.

There are homeless Brits dying on the streets with no roof over their heads, while tens of thousands of immigrants live in 5 star accomodation with catered menu's, and you still can't see that the system is f*cked.

Well you have fallen for it

Bring out your dead !
    I haven't fallen for shit sonny.
    Respond to my previous post.

With the weekend off, he can go and spend some of that Qatari money that's burning a hole in his bank account.

This is all about the Tories descent to the bottom. They have made a mess of the country. The most corrupt governance in our lifetimes. Constant lying and deception. A disastrous Brexit. A cost of living crisis. At war with the public sector.God knows how many PM’s and Home Secretaries.
    So let’s blame immigrants. It’s a useful diversionary tactic. It’s all they have left. They are repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    With the weekend off, he can go and spend some of that Qatari money that's burning a hole in his bank account.
    What's that got to do with anything?

I am not right wing you banana 🍌
    Yet anyone who disagrees with your overtly "PC" pushing, apparently is! Can you not see that ffs?
    Have respect though, for the fact that not everybody is leftist, or PC, and just willing to put up with this shit.

I'll link a couple of articles that I've read today, they've literally just popped up on my social media. Bearing in mind, these don't even include the hundreds of thousands of illegals that cross, set up shop growing shit-tons of weed in vacant properties etc. Or the criminal gangs that don't go down the "official" immigration route etc, etc, etc...

That we (as a country) are spending BILLIONS to keep these people housed in hotels that are a better standard of living than most UK homes?
    With their own menu's designed to cater for their tastes ffs? (And this had been confirmed!)

It's beyond ridonculous.

There are homeless Brits dying on the streets with no roof over their heads, while tens of thousands of immigrants live in 5 star accomodation with catered menu's, and you still can't see that the system is f*cked.
    The chaos of world wide migration due to war , hunger and economies in ruins is not caused by those coming here

It's the failure on this government's policies that's causing the backlogs

The system is fecked but this governments plans are not going to sort things out

Saying .....stop the boats ! .....sounds good but they are just trying to get people to vote for them by lying

I hope you are wise to this

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What's that got to do with anything?
    He's got the weekend off and needs something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is all about the Tories descent to the bottom. They have made a mess of the country. The most corrupt governance in our lifetimes. Constant lying and deception. A disastrous Brexit. A cost of living crisis. At war with the public sector.God knows how many PM’s and Home Secretaries.
    So let’s blame immigrants. It’s a useful diversionary tactic. It’s all they have left. They are repulsive.
    That says it in a nutshell as far as I am concerned

Rotten bunch

I am not right wing you banana ��

It's beyond ridonculous.

All of us agree that the costs are not justifiable. The fault lies solely with this government as they have failed to process people quickly and have made a right balls up of the asylum system. They are the ones you should be annoyed at. To deflect, they use far right, populist language, and it works on some.

Do you really think that if there were no human beings coming over on boats that this government would house the homeless, no feckin chance.

They have failed because at every turn they face opposition, primarily from people that politically you would fully agree with. Same with trying to remove foreign criminals. They failed to do it, but at least they tried. I haven't heard much support for that from other parties.

The chaos of world wide migration due to war , hunger and economies in ruins is not caused by those coming here

It's the failure on this government's policies that's causing the backlogs

The system is fecked but this governments plans are not going to sort things out

Saying .....stop the boats ! .....sounds good but they are just trying to get people to vote for them by lying

I hope you are wise to this
    You're missing the mark mate, and not reading what's posted, clearly.
    I wouldn't vote Tory if you paid me to, and I certainly won't fall for the bullshit they spout.

This really is a crisis though, despite the fact that the likes of Lineker and the other millionaires living around Savile Row, would clearly have you believe otherwise.

They're all hero's right? Lineker, Neville etc etc, housing immigrants in hotels they've invested in, whilst receiving government grants to do so....

I see with my own eyes Sludge, not through tainted glasses handed to me by others.

Re: A bonkers country.

The biggest issue here has to be control of the media, surely? We can all have differences of opinion on a wide range of issues, and it's a shame this thread has been derailed into yet another boring immigration slanging match.

Let's go back to the last year of the last Labour government. In opposition the Tories announced an intention to clip the wings of the BBC. Overnight, Rupert Murdoch's media empire unanimously announced its support for the Conservatives. Murdoch has long been critical of the supposed power the BBC holds. Since then, the BBC has been very reluctant to go against the Conservative party for fear of reprisals.

The BBC regularly gets opposing views on the same subject to make sure its reporting is "balanced", particularly when an item is critical of the government, yet that doesn't always work. If 100 experts agree on one thing and 1 biased individual doesn't, creating a host of lies in the process, that's not presenting the situation accurately. There have been reports of Conservative plants in the audience at Question Time. Political editors are generally Conservatives.

Any commercial broadcaster can adopt any angle it likes, so Sky, GB News etc can say what it wants (in the case of GB Bollocks it doesn't even have to be true). Channel 4 is a public service broadcaster, so again needs to be impartial. It has stood up to the Tory government more than any other broadcaster and asked tough questions of them. The government's response has been to suggest selling Channel 4 and removing its public service remit.

I don't care what side of the political spectrum someone aligns with, our public service broadcasters should be freely able to criticise and ask difficult questions of all of our politicians, political decision making and discussions etc. Any party threatening these broadcasters in order to get them to "back off" is effectively controlling our unbiased media in the country in favour of biased media that promotes them.

I never watch Match of the Day as I have no interest in the Premier League but this turn of events could have interesting consequences. Suppose those who do watch MOTD discover that actually having no pundits is not a bad thing and Lineker et al are rather superfluous. The BBC could dispose of their services and save quite a bit of cash in the process. Obviously the likes of SKY would be happy to take him off their hands I would imagine.

Incidentally whilst I agree Lineker has every right to express his personal opinion what he said was totally idiotic. There is no way the current situation resembles Germany in the 1930's. If it did, we would be "disposing" of boat people very shortly after they arrive in the UK.

Re: Pathetic BBC

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    How pathetic of the BBC to kowtow to the right wing nut jobs by forcing Lineker to step down from MOTD until a new social media policy is agreed.

They have also refused to air on national TV the last episode of the new Attenborough series because the don’t want to upset the Tories due to it containing information about the destruction of the environment. They will only show it on iPlayer.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...backlash-fears
    oops not true , they will however air the episode showing the destruction invasive species have on the indigenous flora and fauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The biggest issue here has to be control of the media, surely? We can all have differences of opinion on a wide range of issues, and it's a shame this thread has been derailed into yet another boring immigration slanging match.

Let's go back to the last year of the last Labour government. In opposition the Tories announced an intention to clip the wings of the BBC. Overnight, Rupert Murdoch's media empire unanimously announced its support for the Conservatives. Murdoch has long been critical of the supposed power the BBC holds. Since then, the BBC has been very reluctant to go against the Conservative party for fear of reprisals.

The BBC regularly gets opposing views on the same subject to make sure its reporting is "balanced", particularly when an item is critical of the government, yet that doesn't always work. If 100 experts agree on one thing and 1 biased individual doesn't, creating a host of lies in the process, that's not presenting the situation accurately. There have been reports of Conservative plants in the audience at Question Time. Political editors are generally Conservatives.

Any commercial broadcaster can adopt any angle it likes, so Sky, GB News etc can say what it wants (in the case of GB Bollocks it doesn't even have to be true). Channel 4 is a public service broadcaster, so again needs to be impartial. It has stood up to the Tory government more than any other broadcaster and asked tough questions of them. The government's response has been to suggest selling Channel 4 and removing its public service remit.

I don't care what side of the political spectrum someone aligns with, our public service broadcasters should be freely able to criticise and ask difficult questions of all of our politicians, political decision making and discussions etc. Any party threatening these broadcasters in order to get them to "back off" is effectively controlling our unbiased media in the country in favour of biased media that promotes them.
    I'm not sure much of this is true. All TV news stations need to be impartial in the UK. There are always reports of "plants" in programmes like QT on both sides, and on Brexit (as one example) the ratio of panellists was always disproportionately against the govt position. Are political editors conservative? I don't think so. I don't think that can be said of the likes of Lewis Goodall etc.

In all honesty, I think the BBC generally does impartiality well. Loons on both sides will criticise it, which is probably a sign it's doing okay.

Ultimately inpartiality is critical to our faith in it and if Lineker has been warned numerous times by his employer and carried on, then some action was probably inevitable.

I think his tweet was preposterous, ignorant and offensive but I do think he has a right to say it, but I also understand the BBCs position here.

Hopefully one positive is that this knee jerk desire to 'cancel' people will calm down a little bit on future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I never watch Match of the Day as I have no interest in the Premier League but this turn of events could have interesting consequences. Suppose those who do watch MOTD discover that actually having no pundits is not a bad thing and Lineker et al are rather superfluous. The BBC could dispose of their services and save quite a bit of cash in the process. Obviously the likes of SKY would be happy to take him off their hands I would imagine.

Incidentally whilst I agree Lineker has every right to express his personal opinion what he said was totally idiotic. There is no way the current situation resembles Germany in the 1930's. If it did, we would be "disposing" of boat people very shortly after they arrive in the UK.
    Give them time; it's early days yet!

Lineker is forever trying to be clever, and something of a social media "hero".
    Every man and woman is entitled to their opinion, and nobody can argue that.
    When you work for a corporation such as the BBC though, then there are obvious expectations, which is obviously why he's being dragged over the hot coal right now.

Sludge should work for the BBC, they'd have no worries there. It's as if Harry Potter himself has cast a "politically correct" spell on him.

Did Lineker say the situation in the UK resembles that of Germany in the 1930s?

I didn’t read that. I don’t think he said that.

He said the language used by the Home Secretary and others resembles that used in Germany in the 1930s to demonise ‘others’.

He is right.