+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Have fun. Make sure you let us all know you're conclusions.

https://www.gov.uk/estimate-income-tax
    Thanks for that, but I know what I pay in tax. I'm wondering what those who use the method that Lineker does would pay on that £1.35m the BBC gives him..

cracking David squires comic strip today on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ternative-motd

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Well I can see why Guardian fans would love it. Ticks a lot of their editorial boxes in one cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Well I can see why Guardian fans would love it. Ticks a lot of their editorial boxes in one cartoon!
    Would you care to share some Guid-ian comics for balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Would you care to share some Guid-ian comics for balance?
    Nah you are okay, thanks for the offer though.👍

Nah you are okay, thanks for the offer though.👍
    Booo! I was hoping to see some IR35 references in satirical cartoon form

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Bob, that was brilliant, as usual, from Squires.

Why do you seem so butthurt about the BBC climb down when you originally said Lineker shouldn't have been suspended? Surely you should be happy.

"visit Rwanda" and "deceive" were very nice touches

Lineker to return to the BBC this weekend after announcement of an independent review into social media guidelines.
    If you listen carefully you can hear that tin can rattling in the wind of the long grass to where it has been kicked by the beeb. There will be a year long review before a year to get it published by which time Lineker will have jumped ship to BT whilst having a show on LBC or GB News (that would be an interesting show) .....

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If you listen carefully you can hear that tin can rattling in the wind of the long grass to where it has been kicked by the beeb. There will be a year long review before a year to get it published by which time Lineker will have jumped ship to BT whilst having a show on LBC or GB News (that would be an interesting show) .....
    What's stopping him from working with/for BT Sport now?

He had been presenting European games on there until last year (or the year before).

I see Lucy Powell the shadow culture minister has now said that what happened to Gary Lineker
    was like something from Putin's Russia.

If Gary had been in Putin's Russia, I doubt if he would be presenting any TV programmes this .
    weekend.

In a cell somewhere more likely!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What's stopping him from working with/for BT Sport now?

He had been presenting European games on there until last year (or the year before).
    Shearer and Lineker have worked for Qatari owned BeIn sports in the past

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...oadcaster.html

So cutting through this, if Lineker earns £1.35m from the BBC, what is he likely to be paying in tax on that?

If he was an employee then he would be paying 45% on anything over £150k, (ie nearly all of it) so would be paying about £600,000 in income tax on that £1.35

I understand that there are different tax policies for different types of workers, but I wonder, is there any way to make an educated guess on what tax he may be paying on that £1.35m?
    almost impossible to predict what his tax burden would be if he has been working using either a LTD company or sole trader for the reasons below

just a little about terminology he would personally not get 1.35 million from the BBC his company would . He would be a director of the company but also an employee of the company which means he can pay himself from the company

in terms of taxation 4 things

1 - He would pay himself a salary out of his company ( most free lancers pay themselves just under the threshold of paying any tax )
    2 - Dividend tax - most freelancers take out dividends out of there business subject to taxation at certain levels
    2 - He would pay corporation tax on his profit over the financial year .Was 19% think its going up to 25% this year
    3 - He would pay VAT on anything over £85k but maybe more due to his turnover ( i would have to check that )

In terms of this most free lancers you can also claim on things like petrol and travel allowance , food allowance , accommodation , renting or leasing cars for his business , paying his phones , pension contributions , flat rate allowances etc and offset tax all out of his business

He also works for BT Sports so i guess he would be doing the same thing there and any other company he freelances for .Note taxation is different if he operates as a sole trader but i doubt he would be . But 1 thing for sure he would be paying less than 600K

As a rule of thumb in most industry's what ever an employee earns in 1 year a free lancer would earn in 6 months in the same company doing the same job and pay less tax before April 2021

IR35 is applied per contract. So HMRC would come after him for BT work and anywhere else he had been working for a period of time.

It is up to the client to determine the status (so all companies defer to saying the 'contractor' is inside IR35.)

If inside IR35 and for example you earn 100k a year - from memory your are allowed 5k in expenses - the rest is treated as taxable(income tax plus national insurance) the bbc also have to pay employers NI contributions.

Lineker lost his case and had to pay 4.6 million - his appeal is up shortly (I hear May - but seen it confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    almost impossible to predict what his tax burden would be if he has been working using either a LTD company or sole trader for the reasons below

just a little about terminology he would personally not get 1.35 million from the BBC his company would . He would be a director of the company but also an employee of the company which means he can pay himself from the company

in terms of taxation 4 things

1 - He would pay himself a salary out of his company ( most free lancers pay themselves just under the threshold of paying any tax )
    2 - Dividend tax - most freelancers take out dividends out of there business subject to taxation at certain levels
    2 - He would pay corporation tax on his profit over the financial year .Was 19% think its going up to 25% this year
    3 - He would pay VAT on anything over £85k but maybe more due to his turnover ( i would have to check that )

In terms of this most free lancers you can also claim on things like petrol and travel allowance , food allowance , accommodation , renting or leasing cars for his business , paying his phones , pension contributions , flat rate allowances etc and offset tax all out of his business

He also works for BT Sports so i guess he would be doing the same thing there and any other company he freelances for .Note taxation is different if he operates as a sole trader but i doubt he would be . But 1 thing for sure he would be paying less than 600K

As a rule of thumb in most industry's what ever an employee earns in 1 year a free lancer would earn in 6 months in the same company doing the same job and pay less tax before April 2021
    Very interesting, thanks. I get the need for different tax regime for freelancers and being at the top of the game means the system suits him well.

It is a bit galling though, and presumably this is the kind of tax avoidance that people cite as needing to be clamped down upon when they want to see big increases in public spending etc.

Very interesting, thanks. I get the need for different tax regime for freelancers and being at the top of the game means the system suits him well.

It is a bit galling though, and presumably this is the kind of tax avoidance that people cite as needing to be clamped down upon when they want to see big increases in public spending etc.
    Thinly veiled Mozzer paid next to no tax while freelancing

There we go, we knew you'd get to your point (conclusion) in the end.

St. Lineker is a bona fide tax dodger. The hypocritical leftie waanker.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Shearer and Lineker have worked for Qatari owned BeIn sports in the past

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...oadcaster.html
    I'm not sure what that has to do with people saying that he wants to jump ship to BT Sport but thank you for your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    IR35 is applied per contract. So HMRC would come after him for BT work and anywhere else he had been working for a period of time.

It is up to the client to determine the status (so all companies defer to saying the 'contractor' is inside IR35.)

If inside IR35 and for example you earn 100k a year - from memory your are allowed 5k in expenses - the rest is treated as taxable(income tax plus national insurance) the bbc also have to pay employers NI contributions.

Lineker lost his case and had to pay 4.6 million - his appeal is up shortly (I hear May - but seen it confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I see Lucy Powell the shadow culture minister has now said that what happened to Gary Lineker
    was like something from Putin's Russia.

If Gary had been in Putin's Russia, I doubt if he would be presenting any TV programmes this .
    weekend.

In a cell somewhere more likely!
    Labour have been pathetic in the whole Lineker episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    There we go, we knew you'd get to your point (conclusion) in the end.

St. Lineker is a bona fide tax dodger. The hypocritical leftie waanker.
    Strange that no one was talking about tax until it began to look like Lineker was "going to get away it".

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Oh my god, that's hilariously bad