+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is purely to make more dollar ?
    Nothing wrong with it as long as its within the rules.
    Remember it also saves the BBC ( ie you and me as licence fee payers) money as they don't have to pay over any tax, nic or holiday pay. Same with any contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I would fire Lineker just to make this happen permanently.
    I like lineker, but this is a price worth paying

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    What he tweeted was not foolish, it was factually correct. His tweet stated ‘This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the '30s’. Can you point out what was incorrect about his statement? No accusation of being Nazi’s, no reason for Braverman to feel intimidated and no threatening words. unfortunately in this day and age, the government has issue with facts

Compare this tweet to the one Alan Sugar did prior to the previous election (bearing in mind that he is a contractor for the BBC, just like Lineker).

‘I seriously back @BorisJohnson to be the new PM. The public like him and he will have a good chance of winning the election in 2021 if not before. Any one who can stop @jeremycorbyn from becoming PM has my backing.’

This tweet did not result in any sanction or threat from the BBC with regard to impartiality rules!

No, I’m not spreading misinformation, I just linked the article that reported it.
    I'm not defending the BBC, who are in a difficult position. I'm just saying Linekers tweet was stupid, and it was. To compare trying to fix the complete exploitation of the asylum system to the Nazis is historically illiterate bullshit, as nearly all second world war analogies are

But this has been discussed elsewhere and it's Friday night and I'm done on it ,👍

Sky Sports News just enjoyed themselves ripping into the BBC - over-reaction and hypocrisy - and they were right.

Alex Scott has refused to be a Lineker sub.

I wonder who will be prepared to take the tainted gig?

All possible presenters and pundits should boycott the show.

While the BBC are at it they should remove Laura Kuenssberg as she's clearly a Tory Sympathiser and this comes across clearly in the BBC's Politics Show which is a clear breach of policy.

The BBC bigwigs will be partying tonight.
    Getting shot of one of the most cringey and boring presenters on British telly, and all his own doing.

Regardless of what people may think of the BBC politically, Lineker was obviously in breach of contract and has been properly reprimanded.

With Shearer apparently showing solidarity to add to Ian Wright's stance, it's like a lottery win.

Anyway, does anybody watch MOTD "live" these days?
    This bloke's got it right, and he could play a bit too...

https://youtu.be/Gr3yOeJ_WWs

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sky Sports News just enjoyed themselves ripping into the BBC - over-reaction and hypocrisy - and they were right.

Alex Scott has refused to be a Lineker sub.

I wonder who will be prepared to take the tainted gig?
    Mark Chapman has said he won’t do it, Micah Richards said he’s not due to appear on there tomorrow, but wouldn’t if he was booked to appear.

I would fire Lineker just to make this happen permanently.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Nadine Dorries has a background in the sports sector.
    Aye Sunday Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

1. Alex Scott has refused to be a Lineker sub.

2. I wonder who will be prepared to take the tainted gig?
    1. TFFT!

Jason Muhammed ?
    Gabby Yorath ?

I've always liked Lineker, but this proves what a privelleged and over-paid wanker he's become.

Firstly, the immigration figures fed to the public are utter bullshit, the real figures are certainly far more higher than given officially.

People like Lineker, with multi-millions in their accounts, can brag all day about housing immigrants etc, but it only shows how far-removed from reality, he's actually become.

There are families living in shit-hovels for years, waiting for council housing, while watching immigrants jump the queue, and getting housed within months.

I don't like the BBC, but they're clearly able to gauge public opinion, in the same way that the government (thankfully) is starting to do.

Lineker is THAT far removed from reality, due to his privelleged position, and his tens of millions, that he simply can't see the wood for the fecking trees.

Good riddance to any dickhead that can't see the damage that mass-immigration is doing. It's been ignored and allowed for far too long, and it still won't be addressed properly even now.

It's easy to shout from your mansion somewhere exclusive like Cheshire, when you can't see the reality that happens for the many that aren't so privelleged.

F*ck Lineker, and Ian Wright, and anybody else that supports such bullshit.

Twitter. It's bollocks really. Lineker has 8.7million 'followers' and has his opinion. Bloke down pub doesn't have twitter or any followers and he has his opinion. Doesn't make Lineker's opinion any more valid than the bloke down the pub. Sadly whilst it's easy to get away from the bloke in the pub, it's a lot harder to get away from Lineker and his 'thoughts'..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    1. TFFT!

Jason Muhammed ?
    Gabby Yorath ?
    Yep those two seem like complete mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I've always liked Lineker, but this proves what a privelleged and over-paid wanker he's become.

Firstly, the immigration figures fed to the public are utter bullshit, the real figures are certainly far more higher than given officially.

People like Lineker, with multi-millions in their accounts, can brag all day about housing immigrants etc, but it only shows how far-removed from reality, he's actually become.

There are families living in shit-hovels for years, waiting for council housing, while watching immigrants jump the queue, and getting housed within months.

I don't like the BBC, but they're clearly able to gauge public opinion, in the same way that the government (thankfully) is starting to do.

Lineker is THAT far removed from reality, due to his privelleged position, and his tens of millions, that he simply can't see the wood for the fecking trees.

Good riddance to any dickhead that can't see the damage that mass-immigration is doing. It's been ignored and allowed for far too long, and it still won't be addressed properly even now.

It's easy to shout from your mansion somewhere exclusive like Cheshire, when you can't see the reality that happens for the many that aren't so privelleged.

There's a difference between immigrants and refugees. Lineker was comparing the language to the Nazi rhetoric. Refugees and immigrants are not to blame for people waiting or living in "hovels". It's not just people who live in mansions who disagree with the Tories. I'd say Lineker is overpaid though.

The problem with this current situation is that suella deville is lying for political purposes

Saying 100 million people are coming is appalling nonsense

It's playing into the hands of the far right

You don't deal with immigration by lying about it

Excellent incoherent ranting skills, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Twitter. It's bollocks really. Lineker has 8.7million 'followers' and has his opinion. Bloke down pub doesn't have twitter or any followers and he has his opinion. Doesn't make Lineker's opinion any more valid than the bloke down the pub. Sadly whilst it's easy to get away from the bloke in the pub, it's a lot harder to get away from Lineker and his 'thoughts'..
    I find it easier to get away from Lineker's opinions than the poorly thought out prattle of the bloke in the pub cos they go home and post on here.

There's a difference between immigrants and refugees. Lineker was comparing the language to the Nazi rhetoric. Refugees and immigrants are not to blame for people waiting or living in "hovels". It's not just people who live in mansions who disagree with the Tories. I'd say Lineker is overpaid though.
    The Tories know that people see the word immigrant and shout asylum seeker or refugee or all three

Saying 100 million people are coming is appalling nonsense
    "What she actually said was "under the present system, the 100 million people estimated to be displaced around the world would have the right to seek asylum in Britain."

Getting rid of Linker et al is the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    "What she actually said was "under the present system, the 100 million people estimated to be displaced around the world would have the right to seek asylum in Britain."

Getting rid of Linker et al is the correct decision.
    Which is Disgraceful scare mongering and untrue

It's a decision you agree with

I don't and loads of people agree with me and not you

Isn't it funny how the Tories, getting battered in the polls, are turning to immigration in a bid to gain support?

Which is Disgraceful scare mongering and untrue

It's a decision you agree with

I don't and loads of people agree with me and not you
    She was stating the rules as they stand. I suspect many also agree with me, although perhaps not on here, which has a labour based viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Isn't it funny how the Tories, getting battered in the polls, are turning to immigration in a bid to gain support?
    Exactly. Their last desperate throw of the dice.

Are you saying they should do nothing about it? Increase in boat crossings was about 300% in 2022. What if the increase is the same this year?

We aren't talking about this today because of the government, but because of Gary Linekers daft tweet.

And that they're very upset about the opinions of Gary Lineker. What Snowflakes they are.