+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do mods on here clean up AFTER the event?

Why do mods on here clean up AFTER the event?

I left a reply to sludge yesterday, he never responded and the whole saga seemed like it had come to a natural end, so why then go in and delete posts? I checked this morning as I wondered why I hadn't gotten a reply, there is no trace of it, yet plenty are allowed to bicker freely on here.

Why are some of us treated differently to others on here?

Re: Why do mods on here clean up AFTER the event?

because they are rubbish at doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    because they are rubbish at doing the job.
    Things get handled on here worse than at the bbc

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Things get handled on here worse than at the bbc
    The mods are volunteers. We can’t expect them to be online on this site 24/7.

ThE GOvErNmEnT aRe LeAnING oN MiKE MorRiS maN.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Exactly, not like the website owner can hold a gun to their head and force them to be online 24/7.

And it's also quite tricky for them to clean up before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I left a reply to sludge yesterday, he never responded and the whole saga seemed like it had come to a natural end, so why then go in and delete posts? I checked this morning as I wondered why I hadn't gotten a reply, there is no trace of it, yet plenty are allowed to bicker freely on here.

Why are some of us treated differently to others on here?
    Because some post differently to others and go too far more than others and quite frankly embarrass themselves.

Moderating is mostly an after the event responsibility. How can we sort things before they have happened?

The posts between you and Sludge were not bickering. It was pathetic from two grown men.

A few posters are determined to post on everything. It’s becoming an obsession. We’ve had this before. Eventually they burn out or get banned as they spiral out of control.

I’m very liberal in my moderating and like users to be able to self police themselves and enjoy an open forum. But every now and then we get those who just can’t help themselves from becoming centre of attention.

They use their anonymity to troll and bully.

It’s not a right to post on here. It’s a privilege, and privileges can be removed.

Matt is the only active mod isn’t he? And then Mike obviously with the tools to change and delete posts.

Probably worth getting 1 or 2 new mods in just to fill the gaps when the current ones aren’t on.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Because some post differently to others and go too far more than others and quite frankly embarrass themselves.

Moderating is mostly an after the event responsibility. How can we sort things before they have happened?

The posts between you and Sludge were not bickering. It was pathetic from two grown men.

A few posters are determined to post on everything. It’s becoming an obsession. We’ve had this before. Eventually they burn out or get banned as they spiral out of control.

I’m very liberal in my moderating and like users to be able to self police themselves and enjoy an open forum. But every now and then we get those who just can’t help themselves from becoming centre of attention.

It’s not a right to post on here. It’s a privilege, and privileges can be removed.
    He means you James.

I am yet to see any moderation on here.

I reported a post by Organ Morgan for falsely claiming that Covid deaths were faked.

Your defence of his post was that there were reports of people being hit by a bus and having Covid as their cause of death - which is not true in the slightest.

It's concerning that the person in charge of moderating takes that line.

I was called a c**t by a poster a couple of days ago. That hasn't been removed.

I was accused of being "on the spectrum" by another poster yesterday that was lashing out. That hasn't been removed.

Personal attacks and posts about faked deaths are fair game.

Which begs the question: Where is the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

I reported a post by Organ Morgan for falsely claiming that Covid deaths were faked.

Your defence of his post was that there were reports of people being hit by a bus and having Covid as their cause of death - which is not true in the slightest.

I was accused of being "on the spectrum" by another poster yesterday that was lashing out. That hasn't been removed.

Wow. I didn’t expect this whinging, grassing type
    post from you. You dish it out but can’t seem
    to take back.

If you can’t take it then maybe you shouldn’t give it out.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wow. I didn’t expect this whinging, grassing type
    post from you. You dish it out but can’t seem
    to take back.

If you can’t take it then maybe you shouldn’t give it out.
    What do you mean?

I have never stooped as low as the examples given above and wouldn't care to.

I was up my mums ( she has just got out of hospital after almost 2 weeks ) then I had to drive home, took me over 2 hours, I got in the house and got changed into my football training kit and went to do a coaching session

I read the posts, they looked crap if we are being honest, so I deleted them, Its easy to forget we are grown men on here

What do you mean?

I have never stooped as low as the examples given above and wouldn't care to.
    Stooped so low as calling someone a kent.

You are one of the most passive aggressive posters on here. If you are so sensitive maybe you shouldn’t get embroiled in these petty Internet squabbles in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was up my mums ( she has just got out of hospital after almost 2 weeks ) then I had to drive home, took me over 2 hours, I got in the house and got changed into my football training kit and went to do a coaching session

I read the posts, they looked crap if we are being honest, so I deleted them, Its easy to forget we are grown men on here
    You don’t need to justify yourself Matt.

Stooped so low as calling someone a kent.

You are one of the most passive aggressive posters on here. If you are so sensitive maybe you shouldn’t get embroiled in these petty Internet squabbles in the first place.
    I am massively passive aggressive, guilty as charged

I wouldn't equate that with the examples I've given though. If you disagree, then fair enough.

I don't think I'm being sensitive either - just pointing out that directed personal attacks are apparently fair game for the mods unless Sludge is embroiled in another long-running spat with someone.

I am massively passive aggressive, guilty as charged

I wouldn't equate that with the examples I've given though. If you disagree, then fair enough.

I don't think I'm being sensitive either - just pointing out that directed personal attacks are apparently fair game for the mods unless Sludge is embroiled in another long-running spat with someone.
    He called you a kent, you called him a no-mark it’s all pretty sticks and stones stuff.

For what it’s worth I agree more with your side than Organ and the other conspiracy theory nutters, I just didn’t expect someone who gets embroiled in daily spats like you do to to be a run to the teacher clecker that’s all.

And before anyone points the obvious yes I get involved in childish spats myself, but I don’t go reporting things to the mods. Once I think i did it when someone got so personal as to insinuated, and not in a jokey or argumentative way, that I beat my daughters.

Clot?

He called you a kent, you called him a no-mark it’s all pretty sticks and stones stuff.

For what it’s worth I agree more with your side than Organ and the other conspiracy theory nutters, I just didn’t expect someone who gets embroiled in daily spats like you do to to be a run to the teacher clecker that’s all.

And before anyone points the obvious yes I get involved in childish spats myself, but I don’t go reporting things to the mods. Once I think i did it when someone got so personal as to insinuated, and not in a jokey or argumentative way, that I beat my daughters.
    I didn't name-drop the poster who called me a c**t so how would you know if I called them a "no-mark" or not?

My issue is with the lack of consistency with the moderation.

Nobody seems to know what goes and what doesn't on here.

I don't think that it's an overreaction to say that if someone insinuated that you beat your daughters then they should have had all of their privileges removed from posting on here.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I didn't name-drop the poster who called me a c**t so how would you know if I called them a "no-mark" or not?

My issue is with the lack of consistency with the moderation.

Nobody seems to know what goes and what doesn't on here.

I don't think that it's an overreaction to say that if someone insinuated that you beat your daughters then they should have had all of their privileges removed from posting on here.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere.
    Semantics. I saw you call someone a no-mark the other day so like I say “sticks and stones”.

If you are that sensitive at being called a kent don’t go calling people derogatory names yourself.

As for “Nobody seems to know what goes and what doesn't on here”. I think 99% of the people don’t care and take this site for what it is. Yiur the only one who seems to get hysterical about it and maybe Dembe when he’s having a shit day.

It’s a free to use message board. No-one on here is forced to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

No need to have a reason why you’re not available. You shouldn’t be expected to be stepping in whenever needed.
    I think it further backs up the need for more than 2 moderators in the event that 1, or both, of you and Mike aren’t available for whatever reason.

There’s plenty of good discussions on a variety of topics on here, but some threads are pointless to read when there’s more posts bickering and shit slinging than posts based on the original thread. The CCFC accounts one yesterday for example.

The fact there needs to be moderation on a 25 year old forum inhabited by reasonably educated (mostly) older men is a poorer indictment on some of the the posters than the moderators.

Semantics. I saw you call someone a no-mark the other day so like I say “sticks and stones”.

If you are that sensitive at being called a kent don’t go calling people derogatory names yourself.
    I've never called anyone a "no-mark" in my entire life so you must be confusing me with another poster.

I'm not sensitive about being called a c**t, I'm sure that I have been called worse names to my face.

I'm making the argument that the moderation is poor and inconsistent on here when some personal and abusive posts get removed and others are deemed acceptable.

You kent

The fact there needs to be moderation on a 25 year old forum inhabited by reasonably educated (mostly) older men is a poorer indictment on some of the the posters than the moderators.
    What a cop-out.