+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do mods on here clean up AFTER the event?

Re: Why do mods on here clean up AFTER the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What a cop-out.
    Are you volunteering to mod the board ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Semantics. I saw you call someone a no-mark the other day so like I say “sticks and stones”.

If you are that sensitive at being called a kent don’t go calling people derogatory names yourself.

As for “Nobody seems to know what goes and what doesn't on here”. I think 99% of the people don’t care and take this site for what it is. Yiur the only one who seems to get hysterical about it and maybe Dembe when he’s having a shit day.

It’s a free to use message board. No-one on here is forced to use it.
    I turns out that I did call Organ Morgan a no-mark the other day when he posted about fake Covid deaths.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    No.

welcome to the internet - it is neither factual or entirely fair. It is not a court either and this is just a football forum run by a couple of blokes. If anyone wants to get serious - go on twitter or facebook and broadcast from there instead. You're welcome

To be honest I am amazed that more posts/threads aren't deleted on this forum. The responses from some posters - well, to classify them as puerile would be offensive to kids! Sub-puerile perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Because some post differently to others and go too far more than others and quite frankly embarrass themselves.

Moderating is mostly an after the event responsibility. How can we sort things before they have happened?

The posts between you and Sludge were not bickering. It was pathetic from two grown men.

A few posters are determined to post on everything. It’s becoming an obsession. We’ve had this before. Eventually they burn out or get banned as they spiral out of control.

I’m very liberal in my moderating and like users to be able to self police themselves and enjoy an open forum. But every now and then we get those who just can’t help themselves from becoming centre of attention.

They use their anonymity to troll and bully.

It’s not a right to post on here. It’s a privilege, and privileges can be removed.
    What has sludge got on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What a cop-out.
    I quite like the way it’s left there so the reasonable people can see clearly who the idiots are, in case we’d forgotten…..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was up my mums ( she has just got out of hospital after almost 2 weeks ) then I had to drive home, took me over 2 hours, I got in the house and got changed into my football training kit and went to do a coaching session

I read the posts, they looked crap if we are being honest, so I deleted them, Its easy to forget we are grown men on here
    Didn't you notice that nobody had carried on after my last post and it was dead in the water? Surely only "ongoing" spats need to be policed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    No need to have a reason why you’re not available. You shouldn’t be expected to be stepping in whenever needed.
    I think it further backs up the need for more than 2 moderators in the event that 1, or both, of you and Mike aren’t available for whatever reason.

There’s plenty of good discussions on a variety of topics on here, but some threads are pointless to read when there’s more posts bickering and shit slinging than posts based on the original thread. The CCFC accounts one yesterday for example.
    The point being is he didn't need to step in.

I made the last post as far as I'm aware, sludge didn't reply? So if it's dead in the water why "step in"

Utterly pointles.

Just means people start another thread, like this one, asking questions, which has now seemed to start another little spat.

Like I said, anything "in action" so to speak then yeah step in, try and message the oones involved as well, but if it's all over just leave it...

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    **** it I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The point being is he didn't need to step in.

I made the last post as far as I'm aware, sludge didn't reply? So if it's dead in the water why "step in"

Utterly pointles.

Just means people start another thread, like this one, asking questions, which has now seemed to start another little spat.

Like I said, anything "in action" so to speak then yeah step in, try and message the oones involved as well, but if it's all over just leave it...
    Which is my point. A couple more mods increases the chance of someone being online to nip it in the bud if a thread goes sideways.

On more than one occasion I’ve been reading threads where discussions are left unfinished because there’s 20+ posts from 2 or 3 people having the same old arguments.

Not much by way of consistency around here is all I will say.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Which is my point. A couple more mods increases the chance of someone being online to nip it in the bud if a thread goes sideways.

On more than one occasion I’ve been reading threads where discussions are left unfinished because there’s 20+ posts from 2 or 3 people having the same old arguments.
    This is a fair point.

I'm not the only one that's noticed how inconsistent the mods are though.
    I appreciate it's something they do in their own time, I don't agree we don't need them that definitely is a cop out I agree with Tito on that one.

Some get away with murder, I know I'm a nuisance on here I'm quite self aware in that fact, but I can guarantee whoever I argue with was arguing before I came along, they've argued in my absence and they'll argue after I've gone. But some get away with it. Which is my gripe.