+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Are bank runs and financial contagion incoming?

Re: Are bank runs and financial contagion incoming?

This New Zealand mobility scooter user could easily be a relative of a poster at this forum.

Yellen rules out bailout for Silicon Valley Bank: "We're not going to do that again"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/janet-y...ay-2023-03-12/

Bail-ins incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yellen rules out bailout for Silicon Valley Bank: "We're not going to do that again"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/janet-y...ay-2023-03-12/

Bail-ins incoming
    Crikey you seem to think this is getting worse by the minute rather than something the Fed thinks it can successfully manage.

Looks like your fantastic insight that the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will be the start of the the great banking meltdown as you previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread is taking shape.

You did go all in on that didn't you? It's tricky to tell staring at a parapet for hours waiting for a head to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Crikey you seem to think this is getting worse by the minute rather than something the Fed thinks it can successfully manage.

Looks like your fantastic insight that the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will be the start of the the great banking meltdown as you previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread is taking shape.

You did go all in on that didn't you? It's tricky to tell staring at a parapet for hours waiting for a head to appear.
    You've already told us that it's only a tiny blip, so I've just booked a 1-year around-the-world luxury cruise on the strength of your advice

You've already told us that it's only a tiny blip, so I've just booked a 1-year around-the-world luxury cruise on the strength of your advice
    I've nailed my colours on this. Still waiting for the 13th Cowardly Lion Infantry Brigade to reciprocate. Though to be fair I did wonder where you went that year you collapsed under the weight of your contradictory and stupid Covid quotes.

I've nailed my colours on this. Still waiting for the 13th Cowardly Lion Infantry Brigade to reciprocate. Though to be fair I did wonder where you went that year you collapsed under the weight of your contradictory and stupid Covid quotes.
    We haven't done the redo yet!

A quick update from outside the bank. I'm positioned around 350 in the queue, and some people have got pitchforks. It should be an exciting day, with lot's of stories to tell the grandkids. I just hope they don't run out of cash!

Best wishes to Lardy & Cyril, who will probably be watching reruns of the Teletubbies on TV.

The biggest problem for narcissists with a complete absence of self-awareness is when they pour out some hubris when they think they are right. Whether it is the contradictory contortions around covid, Ben Davies in midfield or the grammatical tense around Man City's investigation what you end up with is pages upon pages of dissembling because a man-child (that's you D) can't ever be wrong.

Yet here we are again. So keen to join in with Organ Morgan's regular the end of the world is nigh videos and associated diatribe that we get this. The as many Is as in Mississippi sentence.

I would hope so, as I posted multiple warnings in the 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread, and I wouldn't want to be known as a "conspiracy theorist", so yeah, the bigger the crash the better as far as I am concerned!

Well done you for those multiple warnings of bank runs and financial contagion incoming without recognising a failure of a bank rather than the banking system. I suppose that is what you get if you gorge on You Tube videos full of wannabee I told you sos.

Morg will be ok, he's off trying to track down the next imaginary world crisis whilst letting you twist in the wind on this one.

Still, nice meme!

A quick update from outside the bank. I'm positioned around 350 in the queue, and some people have got pitchforks. It should be an exciting day, with lot's of stories to tell the grandkids. I just hope they don't run out of cash!

Best wishes to Lardy & Cyril, who will probably be watching reruns of the Teletubbies on TV.

I like the image.

But I'd be obliged should you desist from using the term Teletubbies. It's derogatory.

How about Munchkins instead?

I was at an ATM at 3am to collect the maximum £300 withdrawal. The streets were calm. They'll remain so until the day corporate media startle the flock in order to initiate bank runs.

Only then will Cyril Munchkin and all those like him will get their go faster daps on.

Will magic money tree money save the day?

Crikey Morg, you still keeping a watching eye on whether the great WEF inspired meltdown has started or ready to make a prediction?

Fair play to everyone who sealed this deal over the weekend before markets opened today.

No doubt saved a fair few jobs and avoided a dose of financial panic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64937251

This may or may not be the start of 'it' but 'it' is certainly coming, and governments are readying to turn all its guns on their citizens when they become upset about being reduced to penury, by design.

Forgot to say you looked really pleased that one of the kids on the Plasticene Table drew you a picture. I thought it was trying a bit too hard to be Teacher's Pet but you have to give some credit for the effort I suppose.

Anyway, the links beckon. Hope my money is still there when I get back.

The back channel rumour mills have been forecasting that Credit Suisse were the bank to have fallen 1st, they do appear to be in a little trouble at the moment with their share price, although possibly due to SVB, if another biggish bank does fall, I would anticipate that concerns would propagate through the BBC/Guardian reading brigade as a BBC/Guardian reader myself!!!!!. I have given it a passing thought only, but have been using my current account (to deplete it) for the larger than average purchases (mods to the home) etc. rather than the convenience of the credit card at the moment, I don't think it falls into conspiracy to keep an eye on the markets and where your wedge is tied up. We have had years of cheap money, C19 furlough, Ukraine, Energy problems I don't think it would be that much of a shock if there was one big F off crash in the near future, it's an opportunity for those who have, to bleed even further those who do not have, the Opening post topic IMO is a valid one. but I'll be more than happy for the smuggies to take the piss if it doesn't happen as it will mean, I've not lost any dough and I can comfortably live with that

Every countries bond yields are well down today as is every major stock market. I'm sure it'll pass but that is rare

Some US banking stocks took a tumble. What's the next size up from a blip?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Every countries bond yields are well down today as is every major stock market. I'm sure it'll pass but that is rare
    We are witnessing history in the making, Biden just walked out of a press conference ignoring all economic questions

We are witnessing history in the making, Biden just walked out of a press conference ignoring all economic questions
    What was he asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What was he asked?
    What the **** is happening.

UK & European fintech digital banks taking a hit?

What the **** is happening.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-b2299671.html

There are direct quotes from Joe Biden in that link that spells out in simple terms "what the **** is happening"

Some US banking stocks took a tumble. What's the next size up from a blip?
    Is it the start of the the great banking meltdown as you previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread?

While you are thinking about that, here is another poser.

The people managing this like Sunak, Hunt, the Bank of England, Yellen and the Fed have all been badged by you as agents of WEF and their evil machinations yet the deregulation that allowed a bank of Silicon's size get into liquidity issues unnoticed came from Trump and the anti-globalists.

Do you think old Schwabby is playing you like a fiddle and its actually Trump and his ilk who are doing his evil bidding?

Is it the start of the the great banking meltdown as you previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread?

The people managing this like Sunak, Hunt, the Bank of England, Yellen and the Fed have all been badged by you as agents of WEF and their evil machinations yet the deregulation that allowed a bank of Silicon's size get into liquidity issues unnoticed came from Trump and the anti-globalists.

Do you think old Schwabby is playing you like a fiddle and its actually Trump and his ilk who are doing his evil bidding?
    Now is not the time for jokes!

Trump is a WEF puppet!

https://youtu.be/IBbBMVZHHSw

Now is not the time for jokes!
    Is it happening then? You were a bit vague yesterday